Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to ROOT the new V10d?

Tip us?

darkcurves
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How did you change the settings for FOTA?

yeomond
Old
Thanks Meter 18
where exactly in the settings? I cant find it anywhere, including under "About phone"

Th3pa
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Any news? I need root to unistall the lg apps
The Following User Says Thank You to Th3pa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nerdrin
Old
(Last edited by nerdrin; 19th July 2011 at 10:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
If you don't have an FOTA ('Software Update') icon you must go to 'Settings' -> 'About phone' -> 'Software update' -> 'Software update check'. I think thats the same as the app because this have the same ui and design.

If you can't update and you see the information that's the latest version, it's mean that your version of software is actual in your region. You can't change the region of flashed software by the phone, you must flash another using pc. But I think that will be better if you wait some time when the newer software will be enabled for your phone.
In my country the latest version is V10d.

Sorry for bad english...
The Following User Says Thank You to nerdrin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lesp4ul
Old
Thanks Meter 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdrin View Post
If you don't have an FOTA ('Software Update') icon you must go to 'Settings' -> 'About phone' -> 'Software update' -> 'Software update check'. I think thats the same as the app because this have the same ui and design.

If you can't update and you see the information that's the latest version, it's mean that your version of software is actual in your region. You can't change the region of flashed software by the phone, you must flash another using pc. But I think that will be better if you wait some time when the newer software will be enabled for your phone.
In my country the latest version is V10d.

Sorry for bad english...
Have you updated to 10d? Any differences or improvement? Thnx.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

--=BE PART OF THE FUTURE=--

{{ LG NEXUS 5 | ASUS NEXUS 7 3G | SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS | OPPO FIND 5 | SAMSUNG GALAXY S II | SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE | LG OPTIMUS BLACK |
SAMSUNG GALAXY SPICA | NOKIA E72 | HTC MAGIC | NOKIA E71 | NOKIA 6500S | NOKIA 7610 | ERICSSON R310s | ERICSSON T65 | NOKIA 6510 |
NOKIA 9210C | SIEMENS M35 | NOKIA 3310 | NOKIA 5110 }}

NEXUS LOUDER + VIPER 4 ANDROID
My Viper4Android Profile
(N5, Sennheiser HD218)

The Following User Says Thank You to lesp4ul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DJTaurus
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3pa View Post
Any news? I need root to unistall the lg apps
Flash back to an old firmware.....root...and then update throught 'Settings' -> 'About phone' -> 'Software update'.They say you dont loose root.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJTaurus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vatastala
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
Flash back to an old firmware.....root...and then update throught 'Settings' -> 'About phone' -> 'Software update'.They say you dont loose root.
This does not works!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to vatastala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kostas76
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatastala View Post
This does not works!!!
+1
waiting for an update in gingerbreak
pls
The Following User Says Thank You to kostas76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yeomond
Old
Thanks Meter 18
after flashing back to old firmware, you will have to do a factory reset first before you are able to root. after that just stay on 10B/10A until the next major update (Android 2.3) comes out
The Following User Says Thank You to yeomond For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xantaro
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I got the EU Version of 10c rootet with this method:

1. Download and start SuperoneClick, click Shell Root
2. When it hangs up on a black CMD windows, close this Window. (You should have Shell Root now)
3. Unpack the attached File in your ADB Folder.
4. open a Command Prompt and enter "adb push su /tmp/" & adb push superuser.apk /tmp/"
5. Type "adb shell" ( When Shellroot worked, you should se a "#" on the shell
6. Enter the following commands in shell:

Code:
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p8 /system
cat /tmp/su > /system/bin/su
cat /tmp/superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk
chown root.root /system/bin/su
chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
chown root.root /system/app/Superuser.apk
chmod 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
reboot
7. The Phone will now reboot, after reboot itīs rooted again
Attached Files
File Type: zip root.zip - [Click for QR Code] (134.2 KB, 16848 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to xantaro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]