Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][8/1/2011] Virtuous Unity v1.31.0 (Beta for Dinc) :: Sense 3.0 based on Pyramid

OP rmk40

17th July 2011, 12:10 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 124

1,705 posts
lets do data
17th July 2011, 12:13 AM   |  #22  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 16,219

9,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
nice to see virtuous unity here rmk
17th July 2011, 12:27 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 56

654 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelZ9614

nice to see virtuous unity here rmk

I posted the other day, I believe the G2 / Desire Forums. I asked if unity will come to the dinc.... that didn't have any influence did it? just wondering
17th July 2011, 01:17 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
I just tried to flash this through rom manager and got stuck on white htc incredible screen. I did a full wipe and everything. Maybe I will try it manually through cwm.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA Premium App
17th July 2011, 02:18 AM   |  #25  

654 posts
Running great! Very Smooth. My new daily. I did have to bring the resolution up a bit, also what about custom lock rings?
17th July 2011, 02:42 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 5

224 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightech316

Running great! Very Smooth. My new daily. I did have to bring the resolution up a bit, also what about custom lock rings?

What do you mean by you brought the resolution up?
17th July 2011, 02:57 AM   |  #27  

654 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans808

What do you mean by you brought the resolution up?

I grabbed density changer from the market. Changed it to 230 ( default 240 ) . Much better , Im use to joelz kingdom. It does fit better in my opinion. This rom is much smoother.

Many thanks to unity for not forgetting us dinc users
17th July 2011, 03:09 AM   |  #28  
Flag Oregon via SoCal
Thanks Meter: 5

524 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarlan

Noticed on virtuousroms that Ext4 journaling is used. Didn't see a way to upgrade the SD partition to 4 in CMR3.0.08. Will the default work? Also any recommendation on the partition size and do we need to specify a swap file? I am figuring with a 378MB file Dinc will need some help, lotsa help

WAY back when IncredibleDoes ported the Desire Z for the Inc., an sd-ext partition was required. At that time CWM, while had a Partition option, it did not work and people had to use the Amon_RA recovery instead of CWM to partition.

In discussing the partition size with rmk40 via Twitter, he stated that it should be 1024MB (1GB). Here's the link to the Amon_RA recovery thread. You'll need to backup your sdcard and in the past there was a several step formatting process going from ext3 (I think it was) to ext4. This was, as I said, a long time ago and CWM may work now, likewise, the Amon_RA recovery steps may be easier (not that they were really hard to begin with, just don't stop until it's ext4). The longest part for me is backing up a 2/3 full 32GB sdcard... Very slow in both directions (over an hour each way).

Hope this helps.

X

Edit: Should be a 1GB partition not 1MB - typo.
Last edited by xwera43; 17th July 2011 at 05:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xwera43 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2011, 03:33 AM   |  #29  
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 19

766 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwera43

WAY back when IncredibleDoes ported the Desire Z for the Inc., an sd-ext partition was required. At that time CWM, while had a Partition option, it did not work and people had to use the Amon_RA recovery instead of CWM to partition.

In discussing the partition size with rmk40 via Twitter, he stated that it should be 1024KB (1MB). Here's the link to the Amon_RA recovery thread. You'll need to backup your sdcard and in the past there was a several step formatting process going from ext3 (I think it was) to ext4. This was, as I said, a long time ago and CWM may work now, likewise, the Amon_RA recovery steps may be easier (not that they were really hard to begin with, just don't stop until it's ext4). The longest part for me is backing up a 2/3 full 32GB sdcard... Very slow in both directions (over an hour each way).

Hope this helps.

X

Thanks got it sorted out. Used to have to do this when we first started running android on WinMo a long time ago....lol. I used 512 but if it is only market apps, I don't have too many of those so I should be ok...
17th July 2011, 04:11 AM   |  #30  
Flag Brainerd
Thanks Meter: 30

196 posts
Donate to Me
More
Downloading now! I am glad to see your work for the DInc again! I will post bugs at the bug tracker!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread