5,601,298 Members 56,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][8/1/2011] Virtuous Unity v1.31.0 (Beta for Dinc) :: Sense 3.0 based on Pyramid

Tip us?

jdog94
Old
Thanks Meter 103
lets do data

JoelZ9614
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 16149

DONATE TO ME
nice to see virtuous unity here rmk
Like my work? Donate

hightech316
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelZ9614 View Post
nice to see virtuous unity here rmk

I posted the other day, I believe the G2 / Desire Forums. I asked if unity will come to the dinc.... that didn't have any influence did it? just wondering
" Talk is cheap. Show me the code. ", Linus Torvalds .

slyswine
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just tried to flash this through rom manager and got stuck on white htc incredible screen. I did a full wipe and everything. Maybe I will try it manually through cwm.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA Premium App

hightech316
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Running great! Very Smooth. My new daily. I did have to bring the resolution up a bit, also what about custom lock rings?

titans808
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightech316 View Post
Running great! Very Smooth. My new daily. I did have to bring the resolution up a bit, also what about custom lock rings?
What do you mean by you brought the resolution up?
Droid Incredible
CM 7.1 RC1
5.06 Radio
Incredikernel

hightech316
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by titans808 View Post
What do you mean by you brought the resolution up?
I grabbed density changer from the market. Changed it to 230 ( default 240 ) . Much better , Im use to joelz kingdom. It does fit better in my opinion. This rom is much smoother.

Many thanks to unity for not forgetting us dinc users

xwera43
Old
(Last edited by xwera43; 17th July 2011 at 04:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarlan View Post
Noticed on virtuousroms that Ext4 journaling is used. Didn't see a way to upgrade the SD partition to 4 in CMR3.0.08. Will the default work? Also any recommendation on the partition size and do we need to specify a swap file? I am figuring with a 378MB file Dinc will need some help, lotsa help
WAY back when IncredibleDoes ported the Desire Z for the Inc., an sd-ext partition was required. At that time CWM, while had a Partition option, it did not work and people had to use the Amon_RA recovery instead of CWM to partition.

In discussing the partition size with rmk40 via Twitter, he stated that it should be 1024MB (1GB). Here's the link to the Amon_RA recovery thread. You'll need to backup your sdcard and in the past there was a several step formatting process going from ext3 (I think it was) to ext4. This was, as I said, a long time ago and CWM may work now, likewise, the Amon_RA recovery steps may be easier (not that they were really hard to begin with, just don't stop until it's ext4). The longest part for me is backing up a 2/3 full 32GB sdcard... Very slow in both directions (over an hour each way).

Hope this helps.

X

Edit: Should be a 1GB partition not 1MB - typo.

Device: Galaxy Nexus (LTE)
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: HeyItsLou's Defiant v1
Recovery: CWM 5.5.0.4
The Following User Says Thank You to xwera43 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcfarlan
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwera43 View Post
WAY back when IncredibleDoes ported the Desire Z for the Inc., an sd-ext partition was required. At that time CWM, while had a Partition option, it did not work and people had to use the Amon_RA recovery instead of CWM to partition.

In discussing the partition size with rmk40 via Twitter, he stated that it should be 1024KB (1MB). Here's the link to the Amon_RA recovery thread. You'll need to backup your sdcard and in the past there was a several step formatting process going from ext3 (I think it was) to ext4. This was, as I said, a long time ago and CWM may work now, likewise, the Amon_RA recovery steps may be easier (not that they were really hard to begin with, just don't stop until it's ext4). The longest part for me is backing up a 2/3 full 32GB sdcard... Very slow in both directions (over an hour each way).

Hope this helps.

X
Thanks got it sorted out. Used to have to do this when we first started running android on WinMo a long time ago....lol. I used 512 but if it is only market apps, I don't have too many of those so I should be ok...

DarkTharen
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Downloading now! I am glad to see your work for the DInc again! I will post bugs at the bug tracker!
''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' - John Wayne