Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock android Dialer and Contacts app?

Tip us?

mjm128
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Stock android Dialer and Contacts app?

I just got the sensation today. (I'm coming from nexus one running cyanogenmod). There's really only a few things about sense 3.0 that I like. The camera app, the lockscreen, some of the widgets, and the quick notification widgets (although I like cm7's implimentation MUCH better). Anyways I'm hoping that once the bootloader gets unlocked we'll be able to get cyanogenmod on it, but until then is it possible to get a few stock apps on the sensation?
The only things from sense I'd maybe like to keep in a more "stock rom" would be the camera app and the lockscreen. Everything else I don't really care for. =\

I want the these apps.
* Dailer

* Contacts

* Gallery

greengoldmello
Old
Thanks Meter 25
U don't like the smart dialer? It's leagues better than the stock dialer...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

mikebeatrice
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm128 View Post

I want the these apps.
* Dailer

* Contacts

* Gallery
I made the same transition as you. At first I hated the dialer and contacts, but they've grown on me.

However that gallery does suck total nuts. You can go in the market and download gallery 3d which is (as far as i can tell) the standard gallery you're used to. I'm using it and it feels right at home.

I absolutely can't wait until we can have CM7.1 on this thing.

Also.. is it just me... or are you totally missing the trackball? I keep trying to adjust the cursor with it when editing text just to get disappointed that it's not there...
The Following User Says Thank You to mikebeatrice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjm128
Old
(Last edited by mjm128; 17th July 2011 at 03:12 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengoldmello View Post
U don't like the smart dialer? It's leagues better than the stock dialer...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
No...I hate it. I've accidentally called the wrong person already because it doesn't ask if I want to call. Also it isn't showing contacts pictures when calling? Wtf? It just looks ugly to me compared to the stock android dialer. The contacts app is worse. AOSP contact app is so much simpler looking and just all around better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebeatrice View Post
I made the same transition as you. At first I hated the dialer and contacts, but they've grown on me.

However that gallery does suck total nuts. You can go in the market and download gallery 3d which is (as far as i can tell) the standard gallery you're used to. I'm using it and it feels right at home.

I absolutely can't wait until we can have CM7.1 on this thing.

Also.. is it just me... or are you totally missing the trackball? I keep trying to adjust the cursor with it when editing text just to get disappointed that it's not there...
I hate the gallery app, it sucks so much. Also i've taken a few pics that auto upload to google+ and it shows the date it was taken as jan 1st 1970. WHatttt?

I've only had it for 8 hours so far, and i've already done that at least a dozen times. I used the trackball just for going back a little to make corrections. Going to take a bit to get use to, but in time I will.

I can't wait for CM7.1 on the sensation. Sense to me is just ugly. I like gingerbread's status bar, and the notification widgets in cyanogenmod so much better than sense...It's ugly. Also I don't see the point of putting the recent apps in the pull down bar....

Good thing for launcherpro plus

nccu_eagles
Old
Thanks Meter 568
I am also hunting for the AOSP style dialer...initially when the MT4G came out and was rooted you could just push the contacts/dialer apk to system/app and change the permissions and it would work. I have had no such luck with the Perma-Temp root on the Sensation...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1114779

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1114765

pityr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm in the same boat here and can't stand the dialer or gallery. Thanks for the tip on Gallery 3d Picked this phone up because it looks and feels just like a larger faster version of the N1 and I figure it will be rooted sooner or later.
HTC Sensation
Energy

platinumandroid
Old
Thanks Meter 303
The stock Gallery and stock Email
Both work,pm me if you want a copy of them
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to platinumandroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mjm128
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumandroid View Post
The stock Gallery and stock Email
Both work,pm me if you want a copy of them
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
Is the stock gallery different than gallery 3d from the market?

esincho
Old
Thanks Meter 214
U really prefer that sloooooow 3d gallery? Have yall tried quick pic on market?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Samsung Skyrocket
HTC My Touch 4G
HTC Nexus One
HTC HD2
HTC Touch Pro 2
Palm Treo 680 (2 of em)

mjm128
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by esincho View Post
U really prefer that sloooooow 3d gallery? Have yall tried quick pic on market?
I guess it just comes down to what you're use to. I'm use to the 3d gallery because I've had the n1 since launch. I'm trying out quick pic though. Anything is better than the gallery app on the sensation. Sense really has left me a bit underwhelmed. The only things i'd want to keep from sense is the lockscreen and the camera app.