[Hack][FC09/EL30/EH17/EH06/SRF12] [3G/4G Wireless Hotspot] Native USB/Wireless Tether

Search This thread

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Sorry guys, I had some phone issues here. I have 4G service. I am going to go about testing the versions for SRF 1.2 and Emerald Envy if the two zips are the most current versions. Those are my two dailys anyway so please provide the most current two zips for me and I will have at it...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
use the 2 zips being posted in the thread for srf1.2, but before doing so.. logcat with your normal paid version.. then install the zips and and logcat.. and send me the logcats please, and me and necrosan will get it sorted

Necrosan

Dec 12, 2007
Milwaukee
use the 2 zips being posted in the thread for srf1.2, but before doing so.. logcat with your normal paid version.. then install the zips and and logcat.. and send me the logcats please, and me and necrosan will get it sorted

All he needs is http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6400726/SRF12_4gtest.zip to test - after looking it over i think it will fail but i got an inspiration for the next attempt.

Let me know ASAP what happens please...

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.

ok question was the jar file posted on the top of page 4 for eco5 was that meant for srf or emerald envy

as it works on srf...

is it safe to use on srf if its for emerald envy?

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
the Land of Beer & Cheese
well thats interesting that that on specifically works on srf and Urban Regeneration :eek:

Wonder y that is and other roms need there own made jar file with it in it..

I was decompiling .jars last night just looking at them. And I started with the one from reRFS its really small compared to ones from all the roms we have talked about in this thread.

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.

Reactions: BeerChameleon

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
I was decompiling .jars last night just looking at them. And I started with the one from reRFS its really small compared to ones from all the roms we have talked about in this thread.

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.

hmm wonder why the size change?

Sorry, been at work all day. On my way home now, Ill test and log the latest ef02 version

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

Cool :cool:

comtrade

Jan 25, 2011
Kansas City
I am on SRF 1.2 and installed the zip and it failed on me. I just want to verify that I did the correct steps.

1. Flashed the zip with the purple 3.1.0.1 CWM
2. Wiped Dalvic cache
3. Reboot and select the Sprint Hotspot App
4. Clicked on Activate Hotspot

Error 67: Registration failure. Your Sprint data service username and/or password ma b incorrect. Please try again.

It could also be failing because of the Sprint branding issue on SRF 1.2

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
I am on SRF 1.2 and installed the zip and it failed on me. I just want to verify that I did the correct steps.

2. Wiped Dalvic cache

Error 67: Registration failure. Your Sprint data service username and/or password ma b incorrect. Please try again.

what zip did u use?

Necrosan

Dec 12, 2007
Milwaukee

2. Wiped Dalvic cache

Retry downloading and flashing http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6400726/SRF12_4gtest.zip again?

No idea otherwise - the mod is done correctly.

ski21

Apr 25, 2009
No i'm on v5 b13. I just haven't changed sig. I'm trying out chris's ef02 rom now. It's been a while since I flashed it. I forgot how long it takes too boot the first time.

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
No i'm on v5 b13. I just haven't changed sig. I'm trying out chris's ef02 rom now. It's been a while since I flashed it. I forgot how long it takes too boot the first time.

maybe my zip is bad :( cause another user pm me that my flash wouldnt flash on the bonsai v5

try pushing the jar file to system/framework, boot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache then reboot ;)

ski21

Apr 25, 2009
maybe my zip is bad :( cause another user pm me that my flash wouldnt flash on the bonsai v5

try pushing the jar file to system/framework, boot into recovery and wipe dalvik cache then reboot ;)

I'm loading up chris's ef02 rom. Going to play around with it a while. I had marcus's rc10 rom, but it kept going into airplane mode and wouldn't come out. I'm just a flasholic i guess

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: 9/1/2011 EH17 Hotspot Hack

UPDATE: 8/17/11 - Redownload EH06HotspotHack.zip if you downloaded it before 11:50AM on 8/17/11 pacific time, as I have reverted back to the last bit of hacked code for framework.jar. The expanded code I tried to allow it to use wasn't playing along nicely.

UPDATE: 8/16/11 - EH06 version complete. Here's a message to sprint/samsung - why you adding BS code to the functions I'm modifying? Tsk tsk.

To all users - I will not be supporting _ANY_ EG22 rom stuff anymore, as nearly all of the roms are deodexed incorrectly (too old of baksmali version) and have plenty bugs. Leaving the files attached for any lone EG22 users.

EH06+ only from now on.

Enjoy the tethering users!

VIDEO from qbking documenting process: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-HQBQvf3c

EH17HotspotHack.zip = DEODEXED EH17 ONLY
    EH06HotspotHack.zip = DEODEXED EH06 ONLY
    EG22HotspotHack.zip = DEODEXED EG22 ONLY
    SRF1.2HotSpotHack.zip = SRF 1.2 ONLY (EC05 _MIGHT_ WORK, TEST!!)
    BonsaiB14HotspotHack.zip = BONSAI B14 ONLY
    UrbRegen111HotspotHack = Urban Regeneration 1.1.1 ONLY

Report bugs in the thread. Thanks

NOTE: REQUIRES DEODEXED ROM

NOTE2: This hack renames "Sprint Hotspot" to "Wireless Hotspot"! If it's not renamed - it didn't install correctly! 3 finger recovery boot and try installing again!! (CWM issue, bug them to fix it)

NOTE3: Files modified are /system/app/Settings.apk & /system/framework/framework.jar & /system/framework/services.jar

NOTE4: epichackedhotspot.zip attached is legacy for use on EF02 deodexed. I will not be making a 4G version for EF02 - use EG22 from now on seeing as it's better in nearly all ways.

NOTE5: Yes, I know the installer for my zips all say for EG22. The files in the zip are correct for the version you downloaded, though.

Special thanks to frogor for being a broskito
    Thanks to chris41g for packaging up the zips and rounding testers (flimsy you whiner here you go ;)) up for me
    Thanks to dodgejcr for figuring the stupid compression bug out ;)
    Heres an EI22 updated hotspot hack (Tested on 3g only, not in 4g area atm):

http://www.mediafire.com/?i6f16nrs61ts8rp

(Deodexed rom only!)
    Apparently it's due to the fact winrar/windows zip cannot create a zip CWM will recognize, even when implicitly told to not compress stuff.

About to upload a .zip with a modified Settings.apk and the framework.jar. This gets rid of the "Sprint Hotspot" name and changes it to "Wireless Hotspot."

Looks cleaner to me.
    Doesnt work with ef02 plus.... Oh well thankgod for nandroid.. Os it possible to make this compatible with chris41g' s ef02 plus?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

What errors are you seeing in logcat?
    What exactly is happening?
    The files in this update zip _CAME_ from Chris41g's EF02 plus, which I am running right now with these hacks, so there's no reason they shouldn't work for you..

Also, this more than likely will ONLY work with Chris41g's EF02 stuff, especially if there are modifications in his Settings.apk that are particular to his ROM.

Let me know what you come across and I'll see what I can do. If it turns out it's because of my Settings.apk modification I can always remove that/put it in a separate zip for those who want "sprint hotspot" renamed.

Thanks!

(For those too anxious to wait for another zip - install it and restore your ROM's custom Settings.apk. Make sure you're only applying this to EF02! This stuff will SURELY only run on EF02 based ROMS! I am able to modify other frameworks for 2.2 etc but I need a copy of the framework.jar from the particular build/rom you use so I can perform the modification.)
    Yeah, they need to get that worked out. All you have to do is toggle Wireless Tether (the green one) on and off and you'll be able to restart Wifi Tether (yellow) without rebooting your phone.

The main thing that bugs me about Wireless Tether is a) it doesn't interact with our device correctly (look up the ANDROID_TETHER intents and WIFI_AP intents and see what I'm saying) and b) whenever you stop it (on ef02, anyway) it reboots the phone. This was with the latest beta.

The built in stuff is made by samsung for the phone, and communicates with the rest of the OS using certain intents that are very useful. It also works very well in my day or so of testing. (Uninstalled android wireless tether right away ;))