Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 41,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Phone have the TRUE Power??
HTC Sensation 198 62.86%
Samsung Galaxy S2 117 37.14%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

HTC Sensation is better than SGS2

Tip us?

jony013
Old
(Last edited by jony013; 18th July 2011 at 10:04 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Lightbulb HTC Sensation is better than SGS2

HTC chip-set of 1.2 dual core and andreno 220 is far more better that SGS2's 1.2 dual core and 2008's Mali-400 chip-set. I used both the handsets and now using HTC Sensation after SGS2.
The main problem with HTC is it's locked boot-loader and it's stock rom which is really not ready to use the full power.. The power is not equally distributed. Benchmark is not everything as sensation has issues with sense 3.0 and better pixels than the SGS2. Below is some link where you can understand the whole technical issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1050968

http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...dreno-220-gpu/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1169376
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jony013 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jrwingate6
Old
Thanks Meter 125
The Exysnos processor is better than the Dual Core Snapdragon just like the Hummingbird was better than the single core Snapdragon. Just be happy with your Sensation and stop trying to justify your purchase. Once the Sensation becomes as smooth as the GSII then we can talk bench marks but for right now during every day real world use, the GSII feels faster. Not to mention the GSII brings hardware acceleration to the browser. Something our Qualcom can't do.

By the way...Error 404 on both links.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Current Devices:
Nexus 7 GEN 2
Samsung GS3
Nexus 4
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrwingate6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

*damo*
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 946
I prefer the sensation to sgs2 regardless of benchmarks or performence, mostly because of sense and nicer aesthetics
But I do have one concern, if you got to system/lib/egl, all the libs say adreno 200, could that be affecting performance?

HTC Swyped from my Sensation using XDA Premium

Main Devices: HTC One - Nexus 7
Other Devices: One X - Sensation - Desire HD - Desire

Don't donate to me, give it to a charity or buy yourself a beer!
The Following User Says Thank You to *damo* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brusko1972
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Actually the OP is right about the adreno 220 being better than the mali 400. The difference is the way samsung optimized the performance of their GPU with drivers and such. But for what the GPU can do spec wise, adreno 220 is superior. Too bad htc did not do a good job of showcasing that.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

Moto X
HTC Sensation
HTC Touch HD
Nokia N95
Nokia 6600
Nokia 6310i
Nokia 6310
Nokia 3210
Nokia 5110
The Following User Says Thank You to brusko1972 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jony013
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwingate6 View Post
The Exysnos processor is better than the Dual Core Snapdragon just like the Hummingbird was better than the single core Snapdragon. Just be happy with your Sensation and stop trying to justify your purchase. Once the Sensation becomes as smooth as the GSII then we can talk bench marks but for right now during every day real world use, the GSII feels faster. Not to mention the GSII brings hardware acceleration to the browser. Something our Qualcom can't do.

By the way...Error 404 on both links.

Thanks for your reply, I updated those link. Now you will know what you said is not true. I am not justifying anything, True will be true. SGS2 is overclocked to 1.2 by samsung and its all software issues which is, what makes the benchmark result great. Main thing is Other than the GL benchmark, all benchmarking soft is not up to date for the sensation. As its use console-quality 3D graphics and high-end effects such as vertex skinning, full-screen post-processing shader effects, dynamic lighting with full-screen alpha blending, real-time cloth simulation, advanced shader effects like dynamic shadows, god rays, bump mapping.

rockky
Old
Thanks Meter 153
I trialed one on ATT...and: No its not...(unfortunately)
Palm Treo600
Treo 650
HTC Hermes
Iphone, and 3G,
Nexus One
Htc Evo
Htc Evo 3D
Samsung Galaxy S II 2
Epic 4G Touch
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Sony Xperia Ultra Google Play Edition

psn1819
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I think both phones need a cyanogen 2.3.4 rom and then we can see how they perform against each other..sadly for us sensation owners... August couldn't come any quicker lol.

jrwingate6
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jony013 View Post
Thanks for your reply, I updated those link. Now you will know what you said is not true. I am not justifying anything, True will be true. SGS2 is overclocked to 1.2 by samsung and its all software issues which is, what makes the benchmark result great. Main thing is Other than the GL benchmark, all benchmarking soft is not up to date for the sensation. As its use console-quality 3D graphics and high-end effects such as vertex skinning, full-screen post-processing shader effects, dynamic lighting with full-screen alpha blending, real-time cloth simulation, advanced shader effects like dynamic shadows, god rays, bump mapping.
Let me ask you something. If the Adreno is so good then why does HomeRun Battle 3D lag sometimes on my Sensation but never lagged once on my Tegra II powered G2X. I could care less about benchmarks or how Samsung is reaching the high numbers. What matters more to me is real world use. I could also care less if Samsung or HTC optimized there processors better than the other. Bottom line. Both of them should be optimized for best performance upon mass release. HTC always has problems with there drivers and quite frankly, the Adreno 220 could be 10 times better than the Mali or the Tegra II but if it doesn't have the software to back it up then its no good to me or you. By the time we get root or better drivers, Tegra III will be out smoking everything in its path including the Adreno 220.

By the way, the Adreno may be better than the Mali but the Snapdragon is very much inferior to the Exynos which is more powerful when it comes to raw processing power. I wish HTC would just ditch Qualcom all together because TI and Samsung continue to **** all over them.

Current Devices:
Nexus 7 GEN 2
Samsung GS3
Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to jrwingate6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Teso Dos Bichos
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by psn1819 View Post
I think both phones need a cyanogen 2.3.4 rom and then we can see how they perform against each other..sadly for us sensation owners... August couldn't come any quicker lol.

It will not be August/September for the Sensation. Yes it will be unlocked but that is when the custom rom process begins. It will be weeks to months later before you get any stable releases of everything.

pinhead
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The final product Samsung has provided in the Galaxy S II appears to be significantly faster than what HTC provides in the Sensation. I do not use the individual parts of my phone. I use the final product. So whoever optimized what does not matter to me as much as what I see on the screen and hold in my hand.

I prefer the Sensation right now. That is also what I own. The phone before that was the G2x and I liked that one as well...I preferred it to the Galaxy S 4g and the MyTouch 4g. Before that I had a preference for GS 4g...and it goes on from there. I buy the phones I prefer. It is kinda funny to see people defend the smartphone they bought as though they designed and built it themselves.

Sent from my LG-V909 using XDA Premium App

The Following User Says Thank You to pinhead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]