Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Which Phone have the TRUE Power??
HTC Sensation 198 62.86%
Samsung Galaxy S2 117 37.14%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

HTC Sensation is better than SGS2

OP jony013

17th July 2011, 05:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
HTC chip-set of 1.2 dual core and andreno 220 is far more better that SGS2's 1.2 dual core and 2008's Mali-400 chip-set. I used both the handsets and now using HTC Sensation after SGS2.
The main problem with HTC is it's locked boot-loader and it's stock rom which is really not ready to use the full power.. The power is not equally distributed. Benchmark is not everything as sensation has issues with sense 3.0 and better pixels than the SGS2. Below is some link where you can understand the whole technical issues.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1050968

http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...dreno-220-gpu/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1169376
Last edited by jony013; 18th July 2011 at 11:04 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jony013 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2011, 05:12 PM   |  #2  
jrwingate6's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charm City
Thanks Meter: 126
 
1,604 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
The Exysnos processor is better than the Dual Core Snapdragon just like the Hummingbird was better than the single core Snapdragon. Just be happy with your Sensation and stop trying to justify your purchase. Once the Sensation becomes as smooth as the GSII then we can talk bench marks but for right now during every day real world use, the GSII feels faster. Not to mention the GSII brings hardware acceleration to the browser. Something our Qualcom can't do.

By the way...Error 404 on both links.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrwingate6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2011, 05:23 PM   |  #3  
*damo*'s Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 946
 
1,372 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
I prefer the sensation to sgs2 regardless of benchmarks or performence, mostly because of sense and nicer aesthetics
But I do have one concern, if you got to system/lib/egl, all the libs say adreno 200, could that be affecting performance?

HTC Swyped from my Sensation using XDA Premium
The Following User Says Thank You to *damo* For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2011, 05:32 PM   |  #4  
brusko1972's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brampton
Thanks Meter: 26
 
402 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Actually the OP is right about the adreno 220 being better than the mali 400. The difference is the way samsung optimized the performance of their GPU with drivers and such. But for what the GPU can do spec wise, adreno 220 is superior. Too bad htc did not do a good job of showcasing that.
The Following User Says Thank You to brusko1972 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2011, 06:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwingate6

The Exysnos processor is better than the Dual Core Snapdragon just like the Hummingbird was better than the single core Snapdragon. Just be happy with your Sensation and stop trying to justify your purchase. Once the Sensation becomes as smooth as the GSII then we can talk bench marks but for right now during every day real world use, the GSII feels faster. Not to mention the GSII brings hardware acceleration to the browser. Something our Qualcom can't do.

By the way...Error 404 on both links.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Thanks for your reply, I updated those link. Now you will know what you said is not true. I am not justifying anything, True will be true. SGS2 is overclocked to 1.2 by samsung and its all software issues which is, what makes the benchmark result great. Main thing is Other than the GL benchmark, all benchmarking soft is not up to date for the sensation. As its use console-quality 3D graphics and high-end effects such as vertex skinning, full-screen post-processing shader effects, dynamic lighting with full-screen alpha blending, real-time cloth simulation, advanced shader effects like dynamic shadows, god rays, bump mapping.
17th July 2011, 06:58 PM   |  #6  
rockky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag chicago
Thanks Meter: 157
 
2,200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Question
I trialed one on ATT...and: No its not...(unfortunately)
17th July 2011, 07:35 PM   |  #7  
psn1819's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 2
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
I think both phones need a cyanogen 2.3.4 rom and then we can see how they perform against each other..sadly for us sensation owners... August couldn't come any quicker lol.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
17th July 2011, 07:47 PM   |  #8  
jrwingate6's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charm City
Thanks Meter: 126
 
1,604 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jony013

Thanks for your reply, I updated those link. Now you will know what you said is not true. I am not justifying anything, True will be true. SGS2 is overclocked to 1.2 by samsung and its all software issues which is, what makes the benchmark result great. Main thing is Other than the GL benchmark, all benchmarking soft is not up to date for the sensation. As its use console-quality 3D graphics and high-end effects such as vertex skinning, full-screen post-processing shader effects, dynamic lighting with full-screen alpha blending, real-time cloth simulation, advanced shader effects like dynamic shadows, god rays, bump mapping.

Let me ask you something. If the Adreno is so good then why does HomeRun Battle 3D lag sometimes on my Sensation but never lagged once on my Tegra II powered G2X. I could care less about benchmarks or how Samsung is reaching the high numbers. What matters more to me is real world use. I could also care less if Samsung or HTC optimized there processors better than the other. Bottom line. Both of them should be optimized for best performance upon mass release. HTC always has problems with there drivers and quite frankly, the Adreno 220 could be 10 times better than the Mali or the Tegra II but if it doesn't have the software to back it up then its no good to me or you. By the time we get root or better drivers, Tegra III will be out smoking everything in its path including the Adreno 220.

By the way, the Adreno may be better than the Mali but the Snapdragon is very much inferior to the Exynos which is more powerful when it comes to raw processing power. I wish HTC would just ditch Qualcom all together because TI and Samsung continue to **** all over them.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to jrwingate6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2011, 08:01 PM   |  #9  
Teso Dos Bichos's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psn1819

I think both phones need a cyanogen 2.3.4 rom and then we can see how they perform against each other..sadly for us sensation owners... August couldn't come any quicker lol.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

It will not be August/September for the Sensation. Yes it will be unlocked but that is when the custom rom process begins. It will be weeks to months later before you get any stable releases of everything.
17th July 2011, 08:12 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2005
The final product Samsung has provided in the Galaxy S II appears to be significantly faster than what HTC provides in the Sensation. I do not use the individual parts of my phone. I use the final product. So whoever optimized what does not matter to me as much as what I see on the screen and hold in my hand.

I prefer the Sensation right now. That is also what I own. The phone before that was the G2x and I liked that one as well...I preferred it to the Galaxy S 4g and the MyTouch 4g. Before that I had a preference for GS 4g...and it goes on from there. I buy the phones I prefer. It is kinda funny to see people defend the smartphone they bought as though they designed and built it themselves.

Sent from my LG-V909 using XDA Premium App

The Following User Says Thank You to pinhead For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes