Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stuck at Samsung logo, won't boot please help!

OP kagaos

17th July 2011, 07:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
OK so I was running ROM manager for the first time....and I did "flash clockwork mod recovery" followed by "backup current ROM." What ensued was my phone immediately rebooting, getting stuck on the samsung logo screen.

So what's the deal? Can someone please tell me how to fix this!
17th July 2011, 08:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,031

1,605 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagaos

OK so I was running ROM manager for the first time....and I did "flash clockwork mod recovery" followed by "backup current ROM." What ensued was my phone immediately rebooting, getting stuck on the samsung logo screen.

So what's the deal? Can someone please tell me how to fix this!

You can flash the Factory EE4 found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1172182

That will fix about anything. And don't use ROM Manager, as it is not Samsung friendly.
18th July 2011, 01:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Awesome thank you much! So it is a known issue that ROM manager messes up Samsungs?
I hope I can get it to flash, because I tried downloading ED2 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1111486&page=2 but it came up with a MD5 hash error.
18th July 2011, 01:39 AM   |  #4  
Flag SWFL
Thanks Meter: 96

305 posts
More
Correct, ROM Manager doesn't play nice with our phones.

You can DL any of the stock tar files and use Odin to flash them and be good to go! Try THIS ONE
The Following User Says Thank You to kelmar13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2011, 04:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmar13

Correct, ROM Manager doesn't play nice with our phones.

You can DL any of the stock tar files and use Odin to flash them and be good to go! Try THIS ONE

Sorry, I was going to reply the other day to tell you how grateful I was because this totally fixed it, but for what ever reason I couldn't reply even after refreshing the page due to invalid token or something.

Anyways, THANK YOU!

I hate to go off topic, but I do have another question. Is there any way to reserve some of the SD card memory for use as RAM? Kind of the same way you can use a USB drive as extra ram on Windows.
19th July 2011, 11:40 AM   |  #6  
Flag SWFL
Thanks Meter: 96

305 posts
More
No problem.

No idea, sorry!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
19th July 2011, 12:31 PM   |  #7  
North Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 67

590 posts
More
Does anyone know the requirements a phone has to meet to use rom manager? I was sort of hoping the charge could use the highly praised app

Beamed from my Droid Charge using the XDA premium app
25th December 2011, 07:27 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

84 posts
Question Does this method works for any phone?
I have a T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit 4G. I did install the ROM Manager but I didn't do anything other than rooting it as there's not custom ROM for this phone yet.
It's stuck on the front Samsung Exhibit 4G logo and won't go any further. Please help me fix it. I got it as a gift and have no receipt so no repair from Samsung. Which file should I get to fix it?
Download - PIT File
Direct Download - ED1
Direct Download - ED2
Download thread - EE4
Download thread - EP4

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by Baddude8; 25th December 2011 at 07:39 PM.
25th December 2011, 09:26 PM   |  #9  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 244

1,586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddude8

I have a T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit 4G. I did install the ROM Manager but I didn't do anything other than rooting it as there's not custom ROM for this phone yet.
It's stuck on the front Samsung Exhibit 4G logo and won't go any further. Please help me fix it. I got it as a gift and have no receipt so no repair from Samsung. Which file should I get to fix it?
Download - PIT File
Direct Download - ED1
Direct Download - ED2
Download thread - EE4
Download thread - EP4

Thanks for any help.

You are in the wrong forum. This is for the Samsung Droid charge, not the exhibit 4g. Please don't try to flash anything from here as it will only make the situation worse.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
26th December 2011, 02:27 AM   |  #10  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 528

2,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
HAHAHAHA

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread