[LIST] CyanogenMod-7 : List of working features and what not

Search This thread

pastime1971

Apr 25, 2011
Plesanton, CA
not working as of nightly # 219 (2012.02.12)

USB OTG (host mode) : (see dedors' post)
voodoo sound : (will be replaced with a full patch by the author)

working but with issues

calendar : all day event reminder is on UTC time zone. (a well-known issue with android ?)
led button brightness goes black : (see hackworks' post)
data connection loss : (see vitaminxero's post) temasek may have found a workaround, see his post
initial google account setup > menu > wireless setting redirects to mobile setting (see hbls00190's post)
camera : crashes on changing zoom/preference while recording (see similar issue on issue tracker 3222 and 3929)
camera : image quality drops after video mode. (see petyo.tsanov's post)
camera : framerate is poor w/ front facing camera (see sandro's post)
camera : volume keys take FFC picutre regardless of advanced setting
headset play buttons don't work when phone is asleep. (see grognaz's post)
unchecked Settings > Display > Auto-rotate screen also disables proximity sensor (see Keltek's post and a potential workaround)

possible issues
camera crashes upon rotation (see aremcee's & wfd's post)
(i guess it is fair to say rare) BSOD

other apps with issues
adobe flash player (not stable?) youtube 360p and 720p work fine, but not 480p (for me)
google+ 2.0 causes FC contacts when changing contact (see temasek's post)
skype video chat (still video upside down ? needs confirmation)
tango talk video is flipped (see sandro's post)
viber : often crashes (see alexxio's post)
smartshare : instantly crashes (see alexxio's post)
gameloft cache download causes bsod : (see Kostja_V's post)
google map 6.0.x : compass is broken (?)

edit: if something is not working (and you are not sure), i suggest backup, wipe dalvik-cache, reinstall the latest cm, and test it again before you restore anything else, to make sure it is cm issue. please use cm stock kernel and preferably RIL matching your BB. also check your custom_backup_list.txt and make sure it is a culprit-free

Last edited:

pastime1971

Apr 25, 2011
Plesanton, CA
working as of nightly # 219 (2012.02.12) ... other than obvious...

FM radio
HDMI mirroring
WiFi tethering
USB tethering to linux-pc
USB tethering to win-pc
USB accessory mode (see dedors's post)
USB mounting of internal and external sd to pc (win, linux)
LED notification (with more light options since #88+)
1920x1088p 30fps recording (since #65)
touch to focus in camera (since #69)
bluetooth keyboard & mouse supports (see Wing_Zero85's post)
lockscreen wallpaper (since #81)
bluetooth PAN (since #108)
mount internal storage as /mnt/sdcard (since #115)
camera timer (since #117)
ext4 fs support (since #146) : needs CWM 5 or higher
new ring style lockscreen (since #154)
A2DP (since #163)
gtalk video chat (portrait & landscape)

resolved issues
automatic time and date (since #80)
alarm (fixed in #84)
gps/compass/proximity sensor (fixed in #84)
gps wakelock (since #111)
zoom in 720p recording : (needs LeJay's mod, and the first shooting reverts zoom, but it works after that.)
network and usb issue: secure clock is reverted (since #114)
network icon (since #121)
email app w/ color (since #123)
contacts birthday date (since #146)
battery refresh
gallery share menu clipping (since #155)
in call audio quality (microphone) (since #164 & refined in #171) too loud in call (headset) volume still exists
network traffic miscount (since #172)
1080p play over HDMI (since #177)
notification sound (since #184)
torch sleep crash (since #191)
USSD issue (#196)
youtube hang (since #199)
volume key wakerock (since 2011.11.28) https://github.com/CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-star/commit/52991424efccf1b749f9e05e0b6bd5223fe6b66f
32bpp image banding issue in Gallery3D (since 2012.01.30.)

tentatively fixed (needs confirmation)
charging bsod (#172 or later when kernel is updated w/ nvrm_user.c commit, needs comfirmation)
in call bsod : the original tester (vadonka reports he doesn't get it any more. however there are a few people still reporting the issue. needs confirmation)
camera : dim preview & flickering (since libcamera.so update on 2011.10.05.) needs confirmation
phone : in call volume (earpiece) is always maxed (issue tracker 4161) needs confirmation

links
ChangeLog for CM7 P990 : http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p990
Commit history for LGE star kernel : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-star/commits/android-tegra-2.6.32
Very old nightlies : http://goo-inside.me/cm/p990/nightly
cm issue tracker : http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list

tutorials
baseband smartflash : http://android.modaco.com/topic/335494-12-aug-smartflash-stock-baseband-release-103521-20110725/
stock rom restore : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1007825 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035041

Last edited:

pastime1971

Apr 25, 2011
Plesanton, CA
this is not an official feature list, but rather a personal gathering of scattered information. (or maybe a poll)

i start this thread to give you a summary of the up-to-date status of cyanogenmod-7.
basically, i will try to compose a list of working features and not, so you can check them in a single page, not search through 6000+ posts on cm nightly thread.
that way, it would be easier than ask "is it working ...?" there.

i will try to keep it up-to-date as much as possible.
if something is not on the list, let me know, and i will try to find it out as much as i can.
if something is wrong on this list, let me know here. (i am no expert. so, if i am wrong with something above, please bear with me)
i will try to keep up with posts here, and make changes...

edit: i will try to update the list for the latest nightly.

edit: i personally thank everyone who has helped me make the list as thorough as possible.

Last edited:

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
Wifi still get disable when screen locked for more than 15-20 min as in 2.2 or it works ?

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

marradr

Nov 1, 2007
Milan
If the GPS is active and the phone go to sleep sometimes (for the most) the phone lock with display off and I have to remove the battery.... anyone else with this bug?

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

pastime1971

Apr 25, 2011
Plesanton, CA
If the GPS is active and the phone go to sleep sometimes (for the most) the phone lock with display off and I have to remove the battery.... anyone else with this bug?

i didn't have that problem. (compass froze though.)

edit: i just ran MAP, let the phone sleep for 5 min, turned it back on, the map still works fine... (compass too)
edit: did a second test. it works fine after 15 min sleep...

Last edited:
Reactions: aksolanki

marradr

Nov 1, 2007
Milan
i didn't have that problem. (compass froze though.)

edit: i just ran MAP, let the phone sleep for 5 min, turned it back on, the map still works fine... (compass too)
edit: did a second test. it works fine after 15 min sleep...

Thanks for your test, if you can, try with GPS active for all the day and without Maps or other apps that use the GPS open. I have a colleagues with same phone, same ROM and same problem.

pastime1971

Apr 25, 2011
Plesanton, CA
Thanks for your test, if you can, try with GPS active for all the day and without Maps or other apps that use the GPS open. I have a colleagues with same phone, same ROM and same problem.

i'm sorry i'm confused. what did you mean by GPS active ? you mean Settings > Location & security > Use GPS satellites = checked ? or running a background app that tracks GPS location ?

stevvie

Jan 6, 2009
thanks for this thread I will watch to see if or when A2DP is fixed. As that is the ONLY reason stopping me from using CM7

Wing_Zero85

Nov 2, 2010
I've read in the first post that USB OTG function is missing in CM7.
But is it avaiable in some other roms? (stock, Modaco, etc...)
Or Cyano had announced to implement this feature? (My ex device, desire Z, never had this feature with CM7).

Or is it only a your personal hope? :)

pastime1971

Apr 25, 2011
Plesanton, CA
I've read in the first post that USB OTG function is missing in CM7.
But is it avaiable in some other roms? (stock, Modaco, etc...)
Or Cyano had announced to implement this feature? (My ex device, desire Z, never had this feature with CM7).

Or is it only a your personal hope? :)

i'm not sure. i'm gonna need expert to pitch in here for the answer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    not working as of nightly # 219 (2012.02.12)

USB OTG (host mode) : (see dedors' post)
    voodoo sound : (will be replaced with a full patch by the author)

working but with issues

calendar : all day event reminder is on UTC time zone. (a well-known issue with android ?)
    led button brightness goes black : (see hackworks' post)
    data connection loss : (see vitaminxero's post) temasek may have found a workaround, see his post
    initial google account setup > menu > wireless setting redirects to mobile setting (see hbls00190's post)
    camera : crashes on changing zoom/preference while recording (see similar issue on issue tracker 3222 and 3929)
    camera : image quality drops after video mode. (see petyo.tsanov's post)
    camera : framerate is poor w/ front facing camera (see sandro's post)
    camera : volume keys take FFC picutre regardless of advanced setting
    headset play buttons don't work when phone is asleep. (see grognaz's post)
    unchecked Settings > Display > Auto-rotate screen also disables proximity sensor (see Keltek's post and a potential workaround)

possible issues
    camera crashes upon rotation (see aremcee's & wfd's post)
    (i guess it is fair to say rare) BSOD

other apps with issues
    adobe flash player (not stable?) youtube 360p and 720p work fine, but not 480p (for me)
    google+ 2.0 causes FC contacts when changing contact (see temasek's post)
    skype video chat (still video upside down ? needs confirmation)
    tango talk video is flipped (see sandro's post)
    viber : often crashes (see alexxio's post)
    smartshare : instantly crashes (see alexxio's post)
    gameloft cache download causes bsod : (see Kostja_V's post)
    google map 6.0.x : compass is broken (?)

edit: if something is not working (and you are not sure), i suggest backup, wipe dalvik-cache, reinstall the latest cm, and test it again before you restore anything else, to make sure it is cm issue. please use cm stock kernel and preferably RIL matching your BB. also check your custom_backup_list.txt and make sure it is a culprit-free
    working as of nightly # 219 (2012.02.12) ... other than obvious...

FM radio
    HDMI mirroring
    WiFi tethering
    USB tethering to linux-pc
    USB tethering to win-pc
    USB accessory mode (see dedors's post)
    USB mounting of internal and external sd to pc (win, linux)
    LED notification (with more light options since #88+)
    1920x1088p 30fps recording (since #65)
    touch to focus in camera (since #69)
    bluetooth keyboard & mouse supports (see Wing_Zero85's post)
    lockscreen wallpaper (since #81)
    bluetooth PAN (since #108)
    mount internal storage as /mnt/sdcard (since #115)
    camera timer (since #117)
    ext4 fs support (since #146) : needs CWM 5 or higher
    new ring style lockscreen (since #154)
    A2DP (since #163)
    gtalk video chat (portrait & landscape)

resolved issues
    automatic time and date (since #80)
    alarm (fixed in #84)
    gps/compass/proximity sensor (fixed in #84)
    gps wakelock (since #111)
    zoom in 720p recording : (needs LeJay's mod, and the first shooting reverts zoom, but it works after that.)
    network and usb issue: secure clock is reverted (since #114)
    network icon (since #121)
    email app w/ color (since #123)
    contacts birthday date (since #146)
    battery refresh
    gallery share menu clipping (since #155)
    in call audio quality (microphone) (since #164 & refined in #171) too loud in call (headset) volume still exists
    network traffic miscount (since #172)
    1080p play over HDMI (since #177)
    notification sound (since #184)
    torch sleep crash (since #191)
    USSD issue (#196)
    youtube hang (since #199)
    volume key wakerock (since 2011.11.28) https://github.com/CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-star/commit/52991424efccf1b749f9e05e0b6bd5223fe6b66f
    32bpp image banding issue in Gallery3D (since 2012.01.30.)

tentatively fixed (needs confirmation)
    charging bsod (#172 or later when kernel is updated w/ nvrm_user.c commit, needs comfirmation)
    in call bsod : the original tester (vadonka reports he doesn't get it any more. however there are a few people still reporting the issue. needs confirmation)
    camera : dim preview & flickering (since libcamera.so update on 2011.10.05.) needs confirmation
    phone : in call volume (earpiece) is always maxed (issue tracker 4161) needs confirmation

links
    ChangeLog for CM7 P990 : http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=p990
    Commit history for LGE star kernel : https://github.com/CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-star/commits/android-tegra-2.6.32
    Very old nightlies : http://goo-inside.me/cm/p990/nightly
    cm issue tracker : http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issues/list

tutorials
    baseband smartflash : http://android.modaco.com/topic/335494-12-aug-smartflash-stock-baseband-release-103521-20110725/
    stock rom restore : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1007825 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1035041
    this is not an official feature list, but rather a personal gathering of scattered information. (or maybe a poll)

i start this thread to give you a summary of the up-to-date status of cyanogenmod-7.
    basically, i will try to compose a list of working features and not, so you can check them in a single page, not search through 6000+ posts on cm nightly thread.
    that way, it would be easier than ask "is it working ...?" there.

i will try to keep it up-to-date as much as possible.
    if something is not on the list, let me know, and i will try to find it out as much as i can.
    if something is wrong on this list, let me know here. (i am no expert. so, if i am wrong with something above, please bear with me)
    i will try to keep up with posts here, and make changes...

edit: i will try to update the list for the latest nightly.

edit: i personally thank everyone who has helped me make the list as thorough as possible.
    I tested a gameloft market game, as suggested, when the screen powers down and i try to access the phone the screen remains black (but the backlight goes on)
    However once the game finishes downloading its cache, the phone is accessible again.

According to some postings of 177 many bugs have been fixed with the new userspace. I cannot reflash rightnow, but i suggest people re-confirm issues with 177.

I saw reports of the flash issues being fixed at least.
    I have an issue that i didn't find anywhere (hard to search thru nightly thread thou).

Contant name does not show for incoming calls, nor in the Call Log, unless contact has the number as Home number. At the moment i change number type from Mobile to Home, call log recognizes the person right away.
    Is this know issue? Its not on the list.

Thanks

EDIT: never mind, looks liked it was caused by faulty titanium restore. I manually deleted contacts from it, restarted phone, and it seems to work.
    Just if anyone would have the same problem..