Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dropbox

Tip us?

farsight73
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 156
Default Dropbox

Hi all,

I just playing around this awesome apps "Dropbox" installed from the Market.
It work very good in syncing your apps,pics,videos,files and other kind of data.

Steps:
1) Install dropbox applications in your PC and run it. You will required to create new user name and password for logging in. For free user you would get 2GB space. But space will increase if you invite others to joint dropbox.

2) In your phone, install dropbox.apk from the market and run it. Using the same user name and password you created earlier to login. You would see exactly the same folders listed in your phone dropbox app as in your PC.

3) Now everything you drop files into this drop box will be available across your sync dropbox. If you have two or three PC or three phones which all of them having dropbox installed. The same files will be available across each other.

4) You can share a folder to your friends around so every one of your friend would get what you wanted to shared with like music,apps,pics..etc..

Conclusion: You would litterally save phone memory space by having your files in dropbox. But you need internet access to access these files.

Check out here : www.dropbox.com to start download the PC dropbox.exe
And here for andriod market: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Let me know anyone of you would like to share folder with me. Email address is the only required to start sharing.
=======================================
Nexus 5: 312K: Running stock deodexed 4.4.4 with ElementalX kernel

Transformer TF101(B60): Kitkat-Katkiss 4.4.4
System Speed: Overclock Dual Core 1400Ghz

vap_66
Old
Thanks Meter 511
You could also use Dropbox for Titanium Backup Pro - save everything to the cloud, so you don't depend on the physical memory.
Also, you can set your torrent client to watch a certain folder on your computer, and sync that folder with Dropbox. Thus, if you add a torrent there (by phone even), and if your computer is on, the download will start automatically.