[APP]Quick Wifi Switcher (now with widgets and Eclair support)
Quick WiFi Switcher
is an app to quickly switch between your (configured) APs.
This is useful, when you're in an area where more than one configured AP is available. Sometimes Android decides to switch between them for different (unknown to me) reasons. Reconnection to the AP of your choice is now fewer clicks away than through the settings.
You start it by long-pressing your search button, or via shortcut.
Info shown on top:
- Current SSID
- Current IP
- Current Signal (bar and RSSI)
In the selection list you have the following info:
- Signal strength (Icon and RSSI)
- Encryption settings
- Configuration state (Green -> configured, Red -> unconfigured)
- Connection state (connected AP is selected in the list)
The list contains all discoverable APs in range.
The following functions are implemented to date:
- Enable/Disable WiFI
- Scan for surrounding APs (automatically on startup / manually via button)
- Connect to previously configured AP
- Reconnect current AP
- Open WiFi Settings for unconfigured APs (for now)
- User Setting for closing on selection
There are two widgets implemented for now:
- Info Widget (1x2)
- Switcher Widget (1x1)
The Info Widget shows information about the currently connected network:
- signal level (RSSI and Icon)
For the Switcher Widget you have to choose a configured network. This will be monitored. Whenever the system scans for APs, the widget will update itself with the current info about the chosen network.
- A network in range has a signal level icon
- If the network is the current one, the text will be gray, else red
- Touching the widget will automatically connect to the chosen AP
- support for Eclair (2.1) added
- widgets added
Android 2.2 is needed for now, will check if 2.1 is possible.
Android 2.1+ is needed.
If you downloaded Version 0.6 before and can't install, please redownload. The manifest error has been fixed.