SK4g Weird issues with ANY ROM...

OP LinuxAssailant

18th July 2011, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

243 posts
More
I have the VZW D1 (Bugless Beast, CM6.xyz, CM7) and D2 (CM7), and never had issues such as these Samsung issues:

Upon installing ANY ROM, EVERYTHING works fine. I set everything up, and it all appears fine. I reboot. Might work fine, or might lag, and have missing buttons (e-mail Compose button graphic, or Missing graphic on WiFi toggle in the shade.)

When I do think everything is perfect, I reboot to recovery (via Quickboot, OR Clockwork) back it all up as-is. Then reboot, and it is whack again!

I am at a loss, and do not know what to do, maybe my initial ROM drop whacked out with the mounts!?

I wipe everything, including dalvik before, AND after the ROM is written, same issue every time... after a few reboots, WHACKO again.

Couldn't be Launcher Pro, could it?

Is there a Vanilla Build for this phone at all? (I HATE the TW dialer, as I come from the Moto World [Lean, mean, and basic]...)
Last edited by LinuxAssailant; 18th July 2011 at 07:25 PM.
18th July 2011, 07:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,670

3,047 posts
More
there's only 3 roms available for the SK4G & CM6 or CM7 isn't it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d

I have the VZW D1 (Bugless Beast, CM6.xyz, CM7) and D2 (CM7), and never had issues such as these Samsung issues:

Upon installing ANY ROM, EVERYTHING works fine. I set everything up, and it all appears fine. I reboot. Might work fine, or might lag, and have missing buttons (e-mail Compose button graphic, or Missing graphic on WiFi toggle in the shade.)

When I do think everything is perfect, I reboot to recovery (via Quickboot, OR Clockwork) back it all up as-is. Then reboot, and it is whack again!

I am at a loss, and do not know what to do, maybe my initial ROM drop whacked out with the mounts!?

I wipe everything, including dalvik before, AND after the ROM is written, same issue every time... after a few reboots, WHACKO again.

Couldn't be Launcher Pro, could it?

Is there a Vanilla Build for this phone at all? (I HATE the TW dialer, as I come from the Moto World [Lean, mean, and basic]...)

18th July 2011, 07:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Selden
Thanks Meter: 264

1,418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution

there's only 3 roms available for the SK4G & CM6 or CM7 isn't it .

"I have the VZW D1 (Bugless Beast, CM6.xyz, CM7) and D2 (CM7)" hes talking about the the droid 1 and droid 2 when he said cm6 and cm7 not the sk4g try to help if you cant then dont post

as for your problem i would say did you check your mounts? this could be a problem also try to delete launcher pro then re download it!

there is currently no vanilla rom i wish though i heard someone was wroking on it over at rootzwiki but they havent updated the thread in forever so i dont know.
18th July 2011, 08:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

243 posts
More
Is there any known issues with using Clockwork Rom Manager, or Quickboot (the one these builds come with, OR the one from the Market) to get into recovery?

Is there anyone running ROMs from here, and the "ShootMe" app for screen-scrapes?

Just trying to narrow this down to maybe a memory leak with my 1st real non-MotoDev.
Last edited by LinuxAssailant; 18th July 2011 at 08:57 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread