Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Evo 3D DLNA to XBox

OP gthing

18th July 2011, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag SL,UT
Thanks Meter: 47

777 posts
More
I understand the "Connected Media" app lets you play video from your phone to DLNA-compatible devices. I also learned that the Xbox 360 should be DLAN compatible.

I spent some time fiddling with it but I couldn't get Connected Media to show my Xbox -or- get my phone to show up on the xbox. I'm a little unclear on how this is supposed to work. Has anyone done this? Would you mind giving me a step by step? Is there something I need to enable on the xbox end or something else I may have missed?

Thanks
18th July 2011, 09:52 PM   |  #2  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 23

226 posts
More
Use the media share app, not connectededoa app. I use it on my xbox everyday. Both phone and xbox.must be connected to same network. On media share app, check the share button then select which folders from your SD card to share on your xbox. It will work, if not, must be some firewall issues on your home network.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App
19th July 2011, 12:33 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 383

1,831 posts
More
Just take your EVO3D, plug it up through usb, select disk drive from the notification bar then you could listen to music & watch videos without any app.

My ''xDU4L C0R3 SH00T3Rx'' shot you down in 3D!
19th July 2011, 11:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag SL,UT
Thanks Meter: 47

777 posts
More
Thank you both for your suggestions - the media share app works great and I'll try out the USB share thing.

One thing, the media share app doesn't show all the directories (such as DCIM) as available to share. Anyone else have this issue?
27th August 2011, 01:05 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 100

517 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navymoss35

Use the media share app, not connectededoa app. I use it on my xbox everyday. Both phone and xbox.must be connected to same network. On media share app, check the share button then select which folders from your SD card to share on your xbox. It will work, if not, must be some firewall issues on your home network.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Hi,

My eve 3d can detect my TV just fine but i can't seem to get it to find the xbox360. Is there anything that i need to do on the 360 to enable DLNA besides being on the same wifi? The media share app you're talking about is IMS correct?

Thank you
27th August 2011, 09:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag High Point, NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,128

2,766 posts
More
I have the same issue. My phone finds my Sony Bravia TV and can send media to it, but does not find my PS3. I used the media server. Worked wonderfully. Although I'm sure with some quick searching I could find the answer. Just wanted to say I experience the same thing.
27th August 2011, 11:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 100

517 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptoro07

I have the same issue. My phone finds my Sony Bravia TV and can send media to it, but does not find my PS3. I used the media server. Worked wonderfully. Although I'm sure with some quick searching I could find the answer. Just wanted to say I experience the same thing.

For it to work on the ps3 download IMS on your android and run it. Then on the ps3 go to pictures/videos etc and u should see IMS there.just run whatever u want from there

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread