Search This thread

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana

DREAMSFORGOTTEN
AND ANDROID CREATIVE SYNDICATE PRESENT
AOSP+ PREMIUM FOR THE NEXUS 4G

What's this all a-boot?

When I got my Nexus I was excited about the possibilities with the Roms out there. Coming from the Epic, where there is no Miui and CM7 (yet) I was glad we had the freedom to flash them on the Nexus S. Until I bought mine and started playing with it. I fell in love with the pure AOSP rom already included and didn't need anything else. There are a few things that I would have like to have back coming from the touchwiz interface on the Epic. I wanted music controls on the lockscreen. The widgets in the status bar on touchwiz known as quick panel. And the lockscreen chooser app to change the lockscreen. I have finally put them together in a single rom for those who want the AOSP rom with just a little extra.

snap20110827_000445.png
snap20110827_000527.png
snap20110827_000543.png
snap20110827_000604.png
snap20110827_000636.png

This ROM I built from source. I have the following edits to the source:\
FULL LIST COMING SOON
Currently incorporating repos from OMFGB githup and Sbrissen TSMPoolParty github
Vendor/Device files courtesy of Bugless Pete
Java Tips courtesty of Parabola

FEATURES:
Rotary LockScreen with Music Controls [More LockScreens Coming Soon]
CM7 Power Control Widgets customizable on the fly
Swype to clear notifications
Reboot in power menu
App God_Mode added courtesty of the T3hh4xx0r
Working in God_Mode.apk
*UI SETTINGS:
**Over Scroll Effects
**Accelerometer
**Clock Options
**Hide Alarm
**Expanded Status Bar
**Volume controls skip tracks on long press while phone locked
**Power Widgets change notify colors on the fly
**Customize Widget Buttons (Power Widget)
**Hide USB Debugging Icon

Non Working in God_Mode
Lockscreen settings, dont even mess around in this menu!
Hide Battery
Battery As Text
Screen On/Off animation
Lock Screen settings

This rom is ALPHA cause I built it last night/this morning 8/27/11. I haven't been on it a full day but battery is amazing, it's fast. Do a full wipe so there are no conflicts coming from AOSP+Premium 2.0 RC1

Please report any and all bugs to the thread as you may/may not experience them. Only you can help make this rom better, never hesitate to report something broken. This rom will be updated as I can or as the githubs I'm merging change. All new versions will be able to be flashed right over no wipe after this one HOPEFULLY!.....Always Enjoy!

Transparent Mms.apk
Update, trans mms works when you flash rom, let it boot, then flash mms do not flash at the same time you flash

Install Instructions:

Put Zip on SDCard, both ROM and GAPPS
Factory Data Reset Phone/ Delete Dalvik Cace **NECESSARY STEP (After this rom the future updates won't require a reset again)
Flash in CWM recovery, no need to reboot, flash ROM, GAPPS, and any
kernel to fix the wifi module (Wifi WILL ERROR on you unless you follow this step)
Reboot
Enjoy

Need a visual aid?
Special thanks to my buddy Qbking fellow acs member who put together this awesome video to show the install process
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK5cc0pYpRs

UPDATED AUGUST 27, 2011 RELEASE OF AOSP+Premium V.3.0 Alpha 1. FOLLOW THE LINK AND CHOOSE 2.3.5

DOWNLOAD

HERE
**Link to home site this is to track traffic and stats on downloads, no hoops to jump or payments necessary.

ADD ONS:

link to my transparent mms.apk
which works as long a you don't flash with the ROM you have to fully boot the ROM to flash this in cwm recovery

DOWNLOAD
Premium Animations

Set of animations to change up the way windows transition from one to the other. They look great going in spare parts and choosing fast, but you loose the crt lock animation :(.

Revert to original animations?:
DOWNLOAD
Stock Animations

***Warning, these are MetaMorph Zips NOT CWM zips. You download Metamorph from the market. Run the app once. It will install a folder to your sd card called AndroidThemes. Inside this folder, place the proper zip file. In Metamorph choose the zip and it will extract it. After the extraction is done, it will give you a chance to apply theme. Apply it. Reboot the phone with the option, the new files will be in place.
PATCHES

Last edited:

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
Support/Changelog/Thanks/

FRTSM LockScreen Parts:

TSM is Team Sbrissen Mod, and Lockscreen parts is exactly what it sounds like.

With this ROM, choose soft menu, settings, Lockscreen Parts

In the StatusBar Settings those options take a little bit longer to show up. Custom carrier text takes a reboot.

In Lockscreen Settings all the lockscreens work the following does not:
Disable Lockscreens
Lockscreen Wallpaper
Custom MSG

In the 4tab Lockscreen on the TOP RIGHT TAB, its now been modded to only open mms due to a reboot issue

The rest should be all good to explore. Let me know of any issues. Thanks for trying my rom and remember, the NS4G devs work hard so you don't have to!

ChangeLog:

Rom v1.0
A.O.S.P. Source Build
Modded SystemUI.apk to accept Sammy Quick Panel Widgets from i9000
Modded SystemUI.apk/Policy/Framework-res.apk to work with TSM Lockscreen Parts
Pre Rooted
More to come

Rom 2.0
Fixed Hide Signal Status, Alarm and Battery Icon in TSM parts, StatusBar Settings
Properly zip aligned and png optimized.
Edited settings.apk in source code before compiling
Added r2d2 lock
Added in hide battery, signal, alarm
Added in show dbm level for signal strength
Modded tsm parts to remove the choices for non functional lockscreens
Added bugless pete's tether fix

Maddoggin, for everything, great dude, convinced me to get hooked on the tsm. Its you that come a long way dog!
Sbrissen creator of lock screen parts
Dagr8 helping in irc
Zhkilla support from day 1
k0nane support, smali advise thanks a bunch really
Shabby entertaining me while I work, I want my boot ani now! Dammit!
Rjmjr 69 for lending his ear when i curse out smali code at 3 am
The syndicate (acs) great working with you guys.
Mikyinid clowning a me and giving tips! And for the deodex I did most the code on.
Parabola everything
Flyers for anything I ask for at the drop of a hat, like Rj!
Bugless Pete for allowing me to pick his brain, use his device and vendor files, and helping along the way a dev who assist other devs is king in the advancement of android.

Last edited:

SA-07

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2010
Wow! Looks great!!! Too bad I can't flash this on my gsm... :(

:D

SA-07

Jun 21, 2010
Yeah sure, can you email me anything you want me to test? I'd be happy to.

SA-07

Jun 21, 2010
Can I just flash this or do I have to do all that :p

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
Everyone Hang on I forgot to fix an error in the update zip, the Updater-Script is labeled Crespo not Crespo4g so if you don't know how to go and add that to the updater script, it will fail in CWM recovery. Apologies, I'll note the thread once the long upload is finished!

Skimp Killah

Apr 27, 2007
I remember you from the epic fourms, hair cut? Man I don't miss my epic one bit.

Sent from my Nexus S 5g, at work, gettin paid.

bnitty

Dec 18, 2010
Lawrence, KS
this maybe a noob question, but I've never had an AOSP ROM & just wanted to know what it was about advantage wise say compared to cm7

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
this maybe a noob question, but I've never had an AOSP ROM & just wanted to know what it was about advantage wise say compared to cm7

CM7 is based on AOSP so it's very similar CM7 adds it's own additional features not found in AOSP but if you got a Nexus S, AOSP is what came on your phone out the box.

Reactions: bnitty

spx_trader

Oct 17, 2010
Detroit
Thanks, giving this a try. on the lock screens I could only get the 4 way one and the cm7 style one to work, are the others working?

edit sorry, i read in the post whats working and whats not

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DREAMSFORGOTTEN
    AND ANDROID CREATIVE SYNDICATE PRESENT
    AOSP+ PREMIUM FOR THE NEXUS 4G

What's this all a-boot?

When I got my Nexus I was excited about the possibilities with the Roms out there. Coming from the Epic, where there is no Miui and CM7 (yet) I was glad we had the freedom to flash them on the Nexus S. Until I bought mine and started playing with it. I fell in love with the pure AOSP rom already included and didn't need anything else. There are a few things that I would have like to have back coming from the touchwiz interface on the Epic. I wanted music controls on the lockscreen. The widgets in the status bar on touchwiz known as quick panel. And the lockscreen chooser app to change the lockscreen. I have finally put them together in a single rom for those who want the AOSP rom with just a little extra.

snap20110827_000445.png
    snap20110827_000527.png
    snap20110827_000543.png
    snap20110827_000604.png
    snap20110827_000636.png

This ROM I built from source. I have the following edits to the source:\
    FULL LIST COMING SOON
    Currently incorporating repos from OMFGB githup and Sbrissen TSMPoolParty github
    Vendor/Device files courtesy of Bugless Pete
    Java Tips courtesty of Parabola

FEATURES:
    Rotary LockScreen with Music Controls [More LockScreens Coming Soon]
    CM7 Power Control Widgets customizable on the fly
    Swype to clear notifications
    Reboot in power menu
    App God_Mode added courtesty of the T3hh4xx0r
    Working in God_Mode.apk
    *UI SETTINGS:
    **Over Scroll Effects
    **Accelerometer
    **Clock Options
    **Hide Alarm
    **Expanded Status Bar
    **Volume controls skip tracks on long press while phone locked
    **Power Widgets change notify colors on the fly
    **Customize Widget Buttons (Power Widget)
    **Hide USB Debugging Icon

Non Working in God_Mode
    Lockscreen settings, dont even mess around in this menu!
    Hide Battery
    Battery As Text
    Screen On/Off animation
    Lock Screen settings

This rom is ALPHA cause I built it last night/this morning 8/27/11. I haven't been on it a full day but battery is amazing, it's fast. Do a full wipe so there are no conflicts coming from AOSP+Premium 2.0 RC1

Please report any and all bugs to the thread as you may/may not experience them. Only you can help make this rom better, never hesitate to report something broken. This rom will be updated as I can or as the githubs I'm merging change. All new versions will be able to be flashed right over no wipe after this one HOPEFULLY!.....Always Enjoy!

Transparent Mms.apk
    Update, trans mms works when you flash rom, let it boot, then flash mms do not flash at the same time you flash

Install Instructions:

Put Zip on SDCard, both ROM and GAPPS
    Factory Data Reset Phone/ Delete Dalvik Cace **NECESSARY STEP (After this rom the future updates won't require a reset again)
    Flash in CWM recovery, no need to reboot, flash ROM, GAPPS, and any
    kernel to fix the wifi module (Wifi WILL ERROR on you unless you follow this step)
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Need a visual aid?
    Special thanks to my buddy Qbking fellow acs member who put together this awesome video to show the install process
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK5cc0pYpRs

UPDATED AUGUST 27, 2011 RELEASE OF AOSP+Premium V.3.0 Alpha 1. FOLLOW THE LINK AND CHOOSE 2.3.5

DOWNLOAD

HERE
    **Link to home site this is to track traffic and stats on downloads, no hoops to jump or payments necessary.

ADD ONS:

link to my transparent mms.apk
    which works as long a you don't flash with the ROM you have to fully boot the ROM to flash this in cwm recovery

DOWNLOAD
    Premium Animations

Set of animations to change up the way windows transition from one to the other. They look great going in spare parts and choosing fast, but you loose the crt lock animation :(.

Revert to original animations?:
    DOWNLOAD
    Stock Animations

***Warning, these are MetaMorph Zips NOT CWM zips. You download Metamorph from the market. Run the app once. It will install a folder to your sd card called AndroidThemes. Inside this folder, place the proper zip file. In Metamorph choose the zip and it will extract it. After the extraction is done, it will give you a chance to apply theme. Apply it. Reboot the phone with the option, the new files will be in place.
    PATCHES
    Support/Changelog/Thanks/

FRTSM LockScreen Parts:

TSM is Team Sbrissen Mod, and Lockscreen parts is exactly what it sounds like.

With this ROM, choose soft menu, settings, Lockscreen Parts

In the StatusBar Settings those options take a little bit longer to show up. Custom carrier text takes a reboot.

In Lockscreen Settings all the lockscreens work the following does not:
    Disable Lockscreens
    Lockscreen Wallpaper
    Custom MSG

In the 4tab Lockscreen on the TOP RIGHT TAB, its now been modded to only open mms due to a reboot issue

The rest should be all good to explore. Let me know of any issues. Thanks for trying my rom and remember, the NS4G devs work hard so you don't have to!

ChangeLog:

Rom v1.0
    A.O.S.P. Source Build
    Modded SystemUI.apk to accept Sammy Quick Panel Widgets from i9000
    Modded SystemUI.apk/Policy/Framework-res.apk to work with TSM Lockscreen Parts
    Pre Rooted
    More to come

Rom 2.0
    Fixed Hide Signal Status, Alarm and Battery Icon in TSM parts, StatusBar Settings
    Properly zip aligned and png optimized.
    Edited settings.apk in source code before compiling
    Added r2d2 lock
    Added in hide battery, signal, alarm
    Added in show dbm level for signal strength
    Modded tsm parts to remove the choices for non functional lockscreens
    Added bugless pete's tether fix

Maddoggin, for everything, great dude, convinced me to get hooked on the tsm. Its you that come a long way dog!
    Sbrissen creator of lock screen parts
    Dagr8 helping in irc
    Zhkilla support from day 1
    k0nane support, smali advise thanks a bunch really
    Shabby entertaining me while I work, I want my boot ani now! Dammit!
    Rjmjr 69 for lending his ear when i curse out smali code at 3 am
    The syndicate (acs) great working with you guys.
    Mikyinid clowning a me and giving tips! And for the deodex I did most the code on.
    Parabola everything
    Flyers for anything I ask for at the drop of a hat, like Rj!
    Bugless Pete for allowing me to pick his brain, use his device and vendor files, and helping along the way a dev who assist other devs is king in the advancement of android.
    Ok guys I'm so far beyond my schedule, I'm hoping your still with me. My initial build was plagued with bugs and I promised I would not release the rom until there were none. The time has come. I've been running the final version all day today and it's ready. I still have to png optimize and zip align the whole rom before uploading so eta is tomorrow during the day. Major thanks to bugless pete for incorporating many of his patches to google's code and helping me with the build environment. Settings.apk is now modded in source code before compiling to fix the nfc option disappearing. The rom will require a full wipe and install from scratch, you will need to flash gapps with it and since 2.3.5 has the bug of wifi not working after the rom is flashed, the stock kernel is include, you'll have to flash a kernel to fix that and to get the bnl/oc features that set this rom ablaze!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

CM7 is based on AOSP so it's very similar CM7 adds it's own additional features not found in AOSP but if you got a Nexus S, AOSP is what came on your phone out the box.
    Hey awesome work...CAn i flash this on Atrix 4G?? Also, my device is GSM..will this work???

Thanx!

This rom will only run on the ns4g, it's an outdated version too, gingerbread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus