Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A Farewell and Goodbye

Tip us?

slade87
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4242

DONATE TO ME
Default A Farewell and Goodbye

Dear Community,

I decided to not continue developing for the x-mini pro for now.
Which basically means I will not release any new ROMs and will not provide any more support regarding the old ones.
The decision has been hard but I just can't put up with it anymore. There is a group of people who are very ungrateful and even send cuss at me to release updates or giving support and so on. I am not a slave and I am doing all of this besides my work, university and life. I am doing this in my freetime and I don't need to put up with this.
This doesn' mean everybody in the forums is like that the most people appreciate the work and thank me so let me return the thank you and thank you guys for your support.
Another reason for me leaving is the fact that my work is being used and modified, which is perfectly fine but using the same and calling it faster or better or tweaked or whatever else and later turns out nothing is changed and no credits annoys me.
Besides that I have been working on basically all the core functionality of RomManager and I feel like the project was taken from me while I had my exams and this makes me sad. However this is the only project I will keep working on as it is MY Baby.

As for all the people who supported me, I want to thank you for the great time I had.
As for my Donators I will provide you with links whenever (I don't know when or if) I make a new version for my personal use. Whatever you do with the link is your free decision. So all Donators thank you very much for your support!! I honestly appreciate it!

If I feel like working on ROM's again I'll let you know but for now I need a break from this.
Quote:
If you like my work please give me a thumbs up and click on the thanks button!
Or buy me a beer and donate ! Thank you
KernelPanic Kernel|GinTonic ROM | Froyo ROM | Gingerbread ROM | DualTouch Driver | Keyboard Layouts | APP Keyboad Layout Setter | ROM FAQs | ROM Manager for Phone

The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to slade87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

norrie2204
Old
Thanks Meter 25
for me your roms have been a pleasure and ive appreciated everything you have done,,i hope your happy in whatever life brings and wish you all the success in the world,take care

pumakkiotto
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slade87 View Post
Dear Community,

I decided to not continue developing for the x-mini pro for now.
Which basically means I will not release any new ROMs and will not provide any more support regarding the old ones.
The decision has been hard but I just can't put up with it anymore. There is a group of people who are very ungrateful and even send cuss at me to release updates or giving support and so on. I am not a slave and I am doing all of this besides my work, university and life. I am doing this in my freetime and I don't need to put up with this.
This doesn' mean everybody in the forums is like that the most people appreciate the work and thank me so let me return the thank you and thank you guys for your support.
Another reason for me leaving is the fact that my work is being used and modified, which is perfectly fine but using the same and calling it faster or better or tweaked or whatever else and later turns out nothing is changed and no credits annoys me.
Besides that I have been working on basically all the core functionality of RomManager and I feel like the project was taken from me while I had my exams and this makes me sad. However this is the only project I will keep working on as it is MY Baby.

As for all the people who supported me, I want to thank you for the great time I had.
As for my Donators I will provide you with links whenever (I don't know when or if) I make a new version for my personal use. Whatever you do with the link is your free decision. So all Donators thank you very much for your support!! I honestly appreciate it!

If I feel like working on ROM's again I'll let you know but for now I need a break from this.
you're one of the best of this community. I understand how you feel. I hope you change your idea as soon as possible,

Regards

Ravencz
Old
Thanks Meter 26
It's sad to see developers leave such a small community but I totally understand your reasons. Good bye and good luck in your future projects

D4rKn3sSyS
Old
(Last edited by D4rKn3sSyS; 19th July 2011 at 06:42 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 15983

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slade87 View Post
Ok bro no prob with that, if that annoys you, ill just stop working on it, but have this clear, my idea was improving it all i can, helping you, not stealing your idea, seems like it's a sin, so good luck and good bye.
Im gonna commit last changes, and then delete sources, you can delete my svn account
If that made feel you sad, think on all the time I put on rom manager, and now i feel like i lost my fkn time on some that wasn't even mine, and you say was taken from you?
I won't never get my time back again
At least i learned some android programming, and thank you for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKn3sSyS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrGentlemen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It is sad that you stop you project6 that we all loved, but I understand that.
Life must go on and that is more important than this.

I have really love your work and will wait and hope that you continue whit it.

I wish you all luck.
Danke.

Snusdus
Old
Thanks Meter 39
It has been a great time with you here
Hope to see you back some day

Thanks!

batwingnz
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Your contribution has been invaluable Slade, as you well know. Churs for all the awesome, bra.

galvic
Old
Thanks Meter 99
No man! Why! Plz no! Your the greatest developer! Mini pro development forum without you is you bull****! Your roms are the best! CM6 by slade is the best rom i've used! If people copy your project, edit them and upload u shudnt give a ****! Coz whats original will always be original! Plz man no dont leave, ur the best and most helpful dev! Dont leave :'( :'( :'(
guess whos back?
Like my work n ideas,click Thanks

galvic
Old
(Last edited by galvic; 19th July 2011 at 08:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Ok bro no prob with that, if that annoys you, ill just stop working on it, but have this clear, my idea was improving it all i can, helping you, not stealing your idea, seems like it's a sin, so good luck and good bye. Im gonna commit last changes, and then delete sources, you can delete my svn account If that made feel you sad, think on all the time I put on rom manager, and now i feel like i lost my fkn time on some that wasn't even mine, and you say was taken from you? I won't never get my time back again At least i learned some android programming, and thank you for that.

Quote:
This also includes froyocomb n cyanocomb
guess whos back?
Like my work n ideas,click Thanks