[REVIEW] EVO 3D - iGrip Car Dock, HTC Car Upgrade Kit, HTC OEM Silicone Smerge Case
Here's my little review of the iGrip Car Dock, HTC Car Upgrade Kit, HTC OEM Silicone Smerge Case!
EDIT: I added some pros and cons to the car docks, some things I experienced on my way to work this morning.
HTC Car Upgrade Kit
Contents: Car Upgrade Kit, USB cable, dual USB port car charger, round sticky pad for mounting on a dash.
- Designed specifically for the EVO 3D
- Little vibration when driving
- includes the USB cable and dual USB port car charger
- Can be rotated from portrait to landscape mode easily
- Price tag (59.99)
- Doesn't rotate 360 degrees both directions (one way rotates farther then the other)
- Phone will not fit in the dock with ANY case on
iGrip Car Dock (some of these pics are dark, my apologies)
Contents: iGrip Car Dock, sticky pad for dashboard mounting, little hook to hold up a charger when plugged into the dock
- Works with a case installed! (Excluding cases like the Defender, which are big and bulky) There's an insert that can be removed to allow for the cases, a nice feature
- Price (There's a thread here
where you can order one for just over $26 shipped, but they retail for $39.99)
- Extends closer to the driver when mounted because the arm is longer. I find this beneficial when driving, you don't have to reach so far forward to touch the screen.
- Can be rotated 360 degrees from both directions, just loosen the know behind the dock.
- There's a little more vibration than the official HTC dock
- Doesn't come with any form of car charger
- Can't be easily rotated while driving, due to the knob you need to loosen up in the back before you can rotate the dock, and then tighten up the knob.
Between the two, I'm keeping the iGrip and returning the HTC dock. It's all plastic yes, but a very good product, also because it can be used with a case (see below)
HTC OEM Silicone Smerge Case
I love this case. It's not made to withstand any kind of a drop (I don't think, and I'm not going to find out!
) It will protect the phone from getting scuffed up and scratched up. It does attract a little lint, but I think all cases do (due to crevices they create around the phone)