Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

OP blarfiejandro

26th January 2012, 01:18 PM   |  #4011  
Thanks Meter: 9

91 posts
I got a text AND Email about it yesterday. I like the wording. They say you "may" be throttled. Guess Sprint will follow suit in March as well?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App
26th January 2012, 01:29 PM   |  #4012  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 641

2,236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayleekay

I got a text AND Email about it yesterday. I like the wording. They say you "may" be throttled. Guess Sprint will follow suit in March as well?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App

I got it yesterday too.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
26th January 2012, 02:14 PM   |  #4013  
Thanks Meter: 72

329 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmerlyn

Downloading the new version while I back up my apps. I will post my results when I can.
Thanks! You are great!

Darn. Downloaded it, copied it to my sd card. Rebooted into recovery. Wiped files and Dalvik twice for good luck. Installed the new ROM, then gapps, then green machine. Rebooted.
I get the LG logo, then the BACKside screen, then the android with the green thing spinning around. Looks cool. Stops spinning after 9 - 12 loops and hangs. Pull battery, restart. Exact same thing. I will try re-flashing the rom, but I don't have much hope for it. Unfortunately, I deleted the old rom from the card (still have it on my PC).

Reflashing worked. Whew! Had me worried for a bit. Interesting: the second time I did NOT flash gapps, had no problem. Will go back and try to load the fix for the updater.

Correct me if things have changed but I'm fairly sure you should boot the phone once before flashing the [green machine] theme.

Flash ROM > gapps > reboot > reboot recovery > flash theme is how I've done it

Well I stayed away from xda for the past 36 hours... still a lot of talk about the VM throttling but it looks like the squabbling has died down. Thanks for that.
Last edited by mkoyskip; 26th January 2012 at 02:17 PM.
26th January 2012, 05:10 PM   |  #4014  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,072

2,634 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoyskip

Correct me if things have changed but I'm fairly sure you should boot the phone once before flashing the [green machine] theme.

Well I stayed away from xda for the past 36 hours... still a lot of talk about the VM throttling but it looks like the squabbling has died down. Thanks for that.

My News & Weather app is gone on the latest MiRaGe o__o

Sent from my LG-VM670 running Harmonia2 IHO using Tapatalk
Last edited by leolawliet; 27th January 2012 at 12:12 AM.
26th January 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #4015  
Flag Hidden Valley Lake, CA
Thanks Meter: 94

327 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eollie

Look you will not be shut off. Your speed at which you receive the data will be reduced. It is apparent you are completely misunderstanding what is going to happen. They are not taking away unlimited data just unlimited data at 3g speeds. Just like most of the other carriers are doing. In your original post you said you were near wifi 99% of the time, why not utilize that wifi at a much faster speed then suffer with the crappy VM 3G?

Im not trying to get you to stay by no means. Personally it doesnt matter to me. My response and subsequent responses are based on your over-reaction to something you do not understand. And posting how your going to take your ball and go to a more expensive carrier that is going to do the exact same thing. You used the phrase "Corporation Conglomerate bullying" to describe what VM is doing. Yet your willing to go to the worst offender of bullying the people and taking away our options for better cheaper service.

Im sorry this is way off topic, but jesus freaking christ open your eyes and realize how stupid your initial post sounds and to continue to defend that stance...it only makes you look even less informed about how this will work and how other carriers are handling the data caps.

No one is misunderstanding the damn data cap. You just keep misunderstanding what I said.

Get back on topic. This isn't the place for this discussion. I found the apps compatible with an IHO VM670. And that is all I needed.

Sent via LG VM670 IHO
26th January 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #4016  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 641

2,236 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoyskip

You can flash green machine after flashing the rom. It in Jerry's directions.

26th January 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #4017  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 51

471 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFilapo

It's not that it rubs me the wrong way. It's more about the Unlimited Data (I average 3.27gb per month and my GF 2.44gb per month) being why I chose less service with VM instead of going with full service at home with AT&T.

Yes, AT&T will cost more. Yes, VM is amazing. And Yes, I love the reliability of my two VM670s. But without the one thing that made me choose VM in the first place, I feel the need to explore other options. I may not change anything. I have a month of service with VM remaining. We'll see what I do, or do not, find.

Now, we all have had our say on this topic. But, let us all revert to this threads purpose and return to the topic at hand... IHO.

My apologies for starting an off topic rant.

Sent via LG VM670 IHO

Good bye, enjoy your more expensive throttled/capped data at ATT
26th January 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #4018  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 20

160 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken2kold

my wifi stop working on my vm670

Somehow your avatar looks familiar to me.

As for your wi-fi issues, there is a bug in BACKside-IHO-VM670-01182012. Use a newer version.
26th January 2012, 10:36 PM   |  #4019  
Thanks Meter: 3

60 posts
More
Thanks for the update! The two problems I previously had are fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grosskum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #4020  
Thanks Meter: 72

329 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiousn00b

You can flash green machine after flashing the rom. It in Jerry's directions.

Yup, you are correct - thanks. I might have been thinking of UOT or perhaps some other ROM I've used in the past.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread