[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

OP blarfiejandro

27th January 2012, 01:14 AM   |  #4021  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,069

2,632 posts
More
Is it possible to wipe a device and install a rom via ADB Shell? My friend's phone isn't able to wipe anything via recovery so I was hoping someone else could help me figure this out. He messed with apps that shouldn't have been tinkered with (Settings) and other apps, tried making them all transparent and now his phone won't boot.
27th January 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #4022  
Flag Rohnert Park
Thanks Meter: 35

225 posts
More
Themes don't work on new BACKside
TWith the previous version of BACKside I could use Green Machine theme with no problem, but others seemed to not work. With the new version, I can not load any theme. I have an Optimus V with the older screen, if that helps any.
If I don't flash a theme, everything works fine. If I go back and flash a theme, it will not finish booting up.
Does anyone else have this problem?
My procedure:
Download ROM, theme, whatever
Copy to SD card
Reboot to recovery
Wipe the cache
Wipe Dalvik cache
Flash the goodie of the day
Reboot.
If good, repeat with next zip file.
The patch for the ROM loaded fine and works great, by the way.
Edit:
My bad. Downloaded the *correct* Green Machine theme, works fine. My apologies to anyone I have annoyed, irritated, or otherwise upset.
Last edited by cmerlyn; 27th January 2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: RESOLVED
27th January 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #4023  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Question Separate navigation volume?
I have the LG Optimus V, and recently switched from using aospCMod ROM to an IHO based one.
I've tried both BobZHome's own version as well as the BACKside one (currently installed), and both have been super snappy in daily use, BACKside being the more stable one, at least from my experiences.

One thing I did notice was that there was no longer a separate navigation volume control.
When using the Google Maps turn-by-turn voice guidance, and adjusting the volume it shows "Media Volume" along the level bar, where as it used to show "Navigation volume - in both the stock optimus V ROM and aospCMod.

At first I thought that it was just a label issue, but I just tried adjusting the navigation volume with music playing in the background, and both the voice and song volume changed in tandem.
This is different behavior than what I've experienced before, where I could have the music playing at a low level, and the navigation volume set higher so that it would stand out whenever directions were spoken.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Anyway to get the additional volume control back?

Thanks!
27th January 2012, 02:50 AM   |  #4024  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 767

1,868 posts
More
Jerry something odd today happened. I was showing a friend how the scream function of lookout worked. After that I couldnt get sound notifications to work. I cleared cache and dalvik and for a bit it would work but after a while nothing. When trying to set the sounds in the apps I get a force close saying the system.sound is not responding.

I restored a nanadroid I had from yesterday and all seems to be good. But not sure why it happened to begin with.
27th January 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #4025  
Thanks Meter: 67

316 posts
More
Hi Jerry,

Finally got around to installing your latest - running well but the notification bar still gets stuck sometimes (I know, I know, I could be more careful wiping the notifications off but...). Now though when a notification became stuck I also cannot remove any others or even browse up or down in the listing.
27th January 2012, 07:05 AM   |  #4026  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 158

406 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoyskip

Hi Jerry,

Finally got around to installing your latest - running well but the notification bar still gets stuck sometimes (I know, I know, I could be more careful wiping the notifications off but...). Now though when a notification became stuck I also cannot remove any others or even browse up or down in the listing.

For a workaround, download Notification Restart, free on the market. Takes a quick second to restart notification bar and your good to go. Also works really well when applying themes, instead of rebooting

Sent from my EvilFusion-VM670 using xda premium
27th January 2012, 07:14 AM   |  #4027  
Thanks Meter: 20

309 posts
Wondering if u can implement selinux into an updated build how badass would that be!

LG optimus v jerryscript backside iho 1/25/2012
27th January 2012, 12:59 PM   |  #4028  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 567

737 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjit

I have the LG Optimus V, and recently switched from using aospCMod ROM to an IHO based one.
I've tried both BobZHome's own version as well as the BACKside one (currently installed), and both have been super snappy in daily use, BACKside being the more stable one, at least from my experiences.

One thing I did notice was that there was no longer a separate navigation volume control.
When using the Google Maps turn-by-turn voice guidance, and adjusting the volume it shows "Media Volume" along the level bar, where as it used to show "Navigation volume - in both the stock optimus V ROM and aospCMod.

At first I thought that it was just a label issue, but I just tried adjusting the navigation volume with music playing in the background, and both the voice and song volume changed in tandem.
This is different behavior than what I've experienced before, where I could have the music playing at a low level, and the navigation volume set higher so that it would stand out whenever directions were spoken.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Anyway to get the additional volume control back?

Thanks!

I added a setting that I pulled in from gerrit, that changes the default volume control from ringer to media. Perhaps that is messing with the functionality you are trying to get to work. Let me know if changing it helps:
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>Sound>>Default volume media (try both ways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eollie

Jerry something odd today happened. I was showing a friend how the scream function of lookout worked. After that I couldnt get sound notifications to work. I cleared cache and dalvik and for a bit it would work but after a while nothing. When trying to set the sounds in the apps I get a force close saying the system.sound is not responding.

I restored a nanadroid I had from yesterday and all seems to be good. But not sure why it happened to begin with.

What is the scream function of lookout? Is that lookout AV? FYI- I don't recommend or support any current AV, they always mess with systems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoyskip

Hi Jerry,

Strange, I pulled in a code change from CyanogenMod that should have fixed that?!? Hmmm, sausage fingers maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreen30;

Wondering if u can implement selinux into an updated build how badass would that be!

A quick google search should show how to install a couple of flavors of linux, not sure about selinux.

---------- Post added at 04:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolawliet

Is it possible to wipe a device and install a rom via ADB Shell? My friend's phone isn't able to wipe anything via recovery so I was hoping someone else could help me figure this out. He messed with apps that shouldn't have been tinkered with (Settings) and other apps, tried making them all transparent and now his phone won't boot.

Look for fastboot root, I'm pretty sure there is a thread in this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to JerryScript For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2012, 01:15 PM   |  #4029  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 767

1,868 posts
More
Yes lookout av. I was just using it for the locator functions. The reason I was even messing with it was my buddies wife will misplace her phone daily and have it on vibrate or silent. Lookout will make the device "scream" even if in silent mode or vibrate only.

After thinking on it I have a suspicion it is the call lookout uses to activate teh scream function. Im almost certain that is what is happening. This morning I was woke up by my phone doing the scream function...At some point yesterday the lookout service sent duplicate text to me and one never made it, until 430am today. Let me reassure you being woke up by a phone sounding like a police car is 3 feet from you is not pleasant.

I will contact lookout and notify them of a possible issue. I guess I can also file a bug report on github.
27th January 2012, 01:27 PM   |  #4030  
Thanks Meter: 9

91 posts
Found a weird bug this morning. My alarm was going off and when i went to hit snooze the screen transitioned 90 degrees. Then the screen went blank and the only thing i could do was turn the screen on. It was always blank when i hit a button and the only way to get my screen back was to reset the phone. It happened to me 3 times in a row. All the buttons worked but the screen was always blank.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread