Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Tip us?

punkmaxx
Old
(Last edited by punkmaxx; 21st July 2011 at 10:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by blarfiejandro View Post
Excellent. Which kernel?

used kernel v41

EDIT: gonna clean wipe now and try the new build/kernel and test ext2/4 support and data2ext

EDIT: Flashed from clean and setting acct info up now.........

EDIT: set-up was smooth 3g works, WIFI works, OCing seems to work fine.....

EDIT: data2ext working great! attached screenshot of internal space.... Gonna restore data and see if i can get my stuff rolled over from the last two CM7 ROMs i used.

EDIT: Restored /data and /sd-ext from last two systems flawlessly and am up and running with all my data, apps and cm7 themes. attached screenshot.

Final Conclusion: This is my new ROM. Thank you blarfie, jerry, and others
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device.png
Views:	205
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	661761   Click image for larger version

Name:	device.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	661789  

YouArePoop
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Took forever to get apps reinstalled, but all is good and room seems great so far. Link2sd seems to be working flawlessly. Only ran a few linked apps so far, but no issues.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App

5starG
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Punkmaxx gmhow did u get so much internal storage

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA Premium App

brooksyx
Old
Thanks Meter 470
Latest build says sprint as the carrer and has the fm app in it. As for as I know the FM app does not work.

YouArePoop
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx View Post
Latest build says sprint as the carrer and has the fm app in it. As for as I know the FM app does not work.
Says Virgin Mobile on mine

brooksyx
Old
(Last edited by brooksyx; 21st July 2011 at 11:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 470
Hmm that's weird. Oh well I like the direction this rom is going but I think ill wait a few more builds before I upgrade for my everyday rom. I restored my backup of aeth3nos build for now.

Boost & Virgin Mobile Epic 4g Touch CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post28439426
Virgin Mobile Epic 4g CM7 & CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post22403917
Coug Companion App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aC55a3lhY3ciXQ..

YouArePoop
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Mounting sd from recovery to access on computer = bad idea. Totally screwed my phone. And of course I hadn't made a backup after installing this. Had to factory wipe and everything.

jawz101
Old
(Last edited by jawz101; 22nd July 2011 at 02:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 293
Jerryscript, I'm not seeing ext2/4 support in this new download. I use a market app, simple2ext, for data2ext( since it's way to use and revert if necessary) and it doesn't recognize my ext2 partition.i also checked in system/lib/ modules and the only .ko files I see are the 2 wireless ones

[edit] I do see ext2fs gibberish in the /system/lib/ folder & it also looks like my ext2 partition was jacked.

YouArePoop
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouArePoop View Post
Mounting sd from recovery to access on computer = bad idea. Totally screwed my phone. And of course I hadn't made a backup after installing this. Had to factory wipe and everything.

Seems that wasn't the issue. Did a 2nd install. After reinstallinf all apps, same thing. Think it has something to do with Folder Organizer.

blarfiejandro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz101 View Post
Jerryscript, I'm not seeing ext2/4 support in this new download. I use a market app, simple2ext, for data2ext( since it's way to use and revert if necessary) and it doesn't recognize my ext2 partition.i also checked in system/lib/ modules and the only .ko files I see are the 2 wireless ones
I decided to put extfs support in the kernel and not as a module.

Code:
$ adb shell cat /proc/filesystems
nodev	sysfs
nodev	rootfs
nodev	bdev
nodev	proc
nodev	cgroup
nodev	tmpfs
nodev	sockfs
nodev	pipefs
nodev	anon_inodefs
nodev	inotifyfs
nodev	devpts
	ext3
	ext2
	ext4
nodev	ramfs
	vfat
	yaffs
	yaffs2
If you don't see any of the ext filesystems there, your kernel doesn't support it.

Code:
$ adb shell uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.32.9-IHO #53 PREEMPT Thu Jul 21 16:59:29 PDT 2011 armv6l GNU/Linux
Check your kernel version against the OP. I've listed which ones got extfs /in kernel/ which is, unfortunately, what's needed for everything to work right now.
Help support the Inferior Human Organs port of CyanogenMod 7 for the LG Optimus phones: donate today.

Thank you to JerryScript, punkmaxx, MarMed10, Centinel, mustafu, crpeck, El Schisne, BobZhome, takehull, rb64, yogi4, mrg666, asadullah, szfinland, Ostrich Egg, wilberfan, Whyzor, ejlmd, LarryCL, Centinel, nemo3, pandacookie, Dylan, PaulSjolie, and rpertusio for donating money to keep this project alive.