No registration required

New to Charge coming from Fascinate

OP gogreenbay07

20th July 2011, 04:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

77 posts
More
I'm coming from the fascinate and will have a charge this Friday and have a few questions. How close is the charge to getting an aosp rom? My favorite rom on the fascinate was MIUI. Which rom would be my best choice on the charge? I like reliability and customization. Please don't flame me if I did something wrong in this post. Thank you for you replies
20th July 2011, 04:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,032

1,606 posts
Welcome to the Charge forum. OMFGB is in the works. MIUI is probably a longshot as the Chinese Devs don't care about LTE as they don't have it yet. LTE will be the issue.

BTW you can't go wrong with GummyCharged.
Last edited by hoppermi; 20th July 2011 at 04:56 AM.
20th July 2011, 04:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 83

899 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreenbay07

I'm coming from the fascinate and will have a charge this Friday and have a few questions. How close is the charge to getting an aosp rom? My favorite rom on the fascinate was MIUI. Which rom would be my best choice on the charge? I like reliability and customization. Please don't flame me if I did something wrong in this post. Thank you for you replies

Welcome, I, myself did the jump last week. Check the thread below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1107797

So far there is no AOSP rom at all. There are some in the works, like OMFGB, but it is no where near complete. But some of the TW roms listed above are very good. I find myself liking TW roms more and more now.
20th July 2011, 06:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppermi

Welcome to the Charge forum. OMFGB is in the works. MIUI is probably a longshot as the Chinese Devs don't care about LTE as they don't have it yet. LTE will be the issue.

BTW you can't go wrong with GummyCharged.

On the fascinate we had a guy named andmer that gave us MIUI and I don't think he was Chinese. I might be wrong though. And I heard about OMFGB coming to the charge but I wasn't sure how far they were with development. If somebody brought MIUI to the charge i could probably donate like $20 - $50 or more depending on how broke i am at the moment
Last edited by gogreenbay07; 20th July 2011 at 06:29 AM.
20th July 2011, 06:53 AM   |  #5  
Flag South Plainfield, NJ and Bloomsburg, PA
Thanks Meter: 0

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreenbay07

Theres no miui, but teamblackhat released gingerbread for it (stock rooted and debloated rooted). Been using debloated and it works like a charm

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread