3rd party battery mah database

Tip us?

bitslizer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by swang169 View Post
So are the "oem" batteries on ebay really htc oem? They go for around $10....
case by case, there have been cases of known fake OEM for other HTC batteries

Scougar
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by swang169 View Post
So are the "oem" batteries on ebay really htc oem? They go for around $10....
I seriously doubt it. Most likely fakes.
At some point as a professional developer I'm actually going to try writing something/working with/for Android... so far.. I've managed Hello World LOL.
Huawei Y300 budget wonder phone.
HTC EVO 3D - Gone to a watery grave (Awesome phone).
LG Optimus 2x P990: SOLD

aznmode
Old
Thanks Meter 747
Some of those ebay oem batterries look legit or atleast I can't tell the difference with the sticker. Good question.

bitslizer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
updated with Gallio 2000mah Calibration result

lhayati
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Ok I just received my 3500mAh eBay battery today. I bought the Battery Monitor Widget Pro app and. I charged the device to 99% and am currently discharging using the 'MAX' method.

So it's as simple and charging it then discharging it a few times? and when will the avg mAh appear? (after 1 discharge / charge?). I really want to contribute, but i'm kind of confused by the method displayed on the first post.

Thanks,
Louis

Please Press Thanks If I Have Helped You Out

Official MIUI v4 GSM EVO 3D!

bitslizer
Old
(Last edited by bitslizer; 11th April 2012 at 06:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhayati View Post
Ok I just received my 3500mAh eBay battery today. I bought the Battery Monitor Widget Pro app and. I charged the device to 99% and am currently discharging using the 'MAX' method.

So it's as simple and charging it then discharging it a few times? and when will the avg mAh appear? (after 1 discharge / charge?). I really want to contribute, but i'm kind of confused by the method displayed on the first post.

Thanks,
Louis
yes just discharge it to as close to 1% as possible and charge it to 100% (must let it charge all the way to 100%/green light), then unplug and use the phone to about 95% and check the calibration screen.
the 3x cycles basically just to ensure that you are getting a steady/accurate result (sometime something can skew the numbers high or low)

What part of the instruction are you confused on? I'm all for making it more clear/easy to understand and any feedback will be appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to bitslizer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lhayati
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitslizer View Post
yes just discharge it and charge it to 100% (must let it charge all the way to 100%/green light), then unplug and use the phone to about 95% and check the calibration screen.
the 3x cycles basically just to ensure that you are getting a steady/accurate result (sometime something can skew the numbers high or low)

What part of the instruction are you confused on? I'm all for making it more clear/easy to understand and any feedback will be appreciated
Thanks I understand it now (thanks given)

I didnt understand the 2% thing:

"I can get mine to about 2% with the 3500mah by plugging in, restarting the phone and unplugging while its starting till it auto shut off again, and repeating about 2 or 3 times"

It's just a bit confusing. And the formatting of it it's too close. If you can space out each step it would be great.

bitslizer
Old
(Last edited by bitslizer; 11th April 2012 at 11:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhayati View Post
Thanks I understand it now (thanks given)

I didnt understand the 2% thing:

"I can get mine to about 2% with the 3500mah by plugging in, restarting the phone and unplugging while its starting till it auto shut off again, and repeating about 2 or 3 times"

It's just a bit confusing. And the formatting of it it's too close. If you can space out each step it would be great.
ok

The larger the charge range the more accurate result will be,
pay attention to when your phone auto-shutoff is it at 5%? 3%? if after auto shutoff you force/trick the phone to turn on you can make the phone get to a lower % state, I can usually get my phone to 2% or 1%, although once purely by accident when i started the phone back up it was actually at 0% :eek:

but don't try to over do it, as too low can damage Li-ion battery

Pretty busy in the office lately, I'll re do the formatting and the google spreadsheet thing once I have a chance

----

Update putted up a google spreadsheet and re-format the first post a little to make it easier to read

lhayati
Old
Thanks Meter 175

DONATE TO ME
Ok I got my result and it came to this:

Not as impressive as yours :/ I think that with more runs I could have got a higher score.

bitslizer
Old
(Last edited by bitslizer; 12th April 2012 at 12:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
hmm that strange

1) try using the force power up trick to get to 2% battery left

2) you did not do the after 100% charge, use phone till 95% step

3) did you delete battery history from before?