FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Worth it to upgrade via the update?

20th July 2011, 02:40 PM |#1  
Paul22000's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
Donate to Me
More
My gf just got the firmware update notification on her phone as we woke up. What's in the update and will it wipe the phone?
 
 
20th July 2011, 02:58 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
Well its gingerbread and no it shouldn't wipe the phone

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
20th July 2011, 05:01 PM |#3  
neidlinger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 447
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul22000

My gf just got the firmware update notification on her phone as we woke up. What's in the update and will it wipe the phone?

If you GF is setting on the 2.2.1 ROM this will be the Gingerbread ROM. It will not wipe the phone in the least. It will keep everything as is. It'll just update the ROM.
20th July 2011, 08:29 PM |#4  
Paul22000's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neidlinger

If you GF is setting on the 2.2.1 ROM this will be the Gingerbread ROM. It will not wipe the phone in the least. It will keep everything as is. It'll just update the ROM.

Thanks. Updated.

It's 2.3.4 but why is there no Google Talk Video Chat?
20th July 2011, 08:48 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
was there a link to follow or how did she get the OTA?
20th July 2011, 10:52 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
The update is for Android 2.3.3 not 2.3.4 so it will not include support for video chat in Gtalk http://androidandme.com/2011/07/carr...lling-out-now/
20th July 2011, 11:32 PM |#7  
krazie1's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul22000

Thanks. Updated.

It's 2.3.4 but why is there no Google Talk Video Chat?

Can you go to Settings/About Phone/System Information/ and tell us the Android Version, HTC Sense Version, Baseband Version and the Build Number?
Last edited by krazie1; 20th July 2011 at 11:44 PM.
21st July 2011, 12:01 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I can't get visonary to unroot my phone it says it isnt rooted yet I have SU and use wifi tethering.
21st July 2011, 01:13 AM |#9  
Paul22000's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDylan1357

was there a link to follow or how did she get the OTA?

Woke up, turned phone on and bam, notification to update appeared.

And I'm pretty sure it was 2.3.4 in the software info. Will check again later tonight
21st July 2011, 02:40 AM |#10  
Paul22000's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazie1

Can you go to Settings/About Phone/System Information/ and tell us the Android Version, HTC Sense Version, Baseband Version and the Build Number?








So there you have it.


So why is there no Google Talk with Video Chat?
Last edited by Paul22000; 21st July 2011 at 02:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul22000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes