Wi-Fi Fix for CyanogenMod 7 for all builds. *Now with flashable zip*
All credit goes to ASASlide
This is a possible fix for the wi-fi issues that plagues some users that use CM7. Well thanks to a great guy, ASASlide, a fix has been found. This is his steps.
1. Download the Salsa Slide Beta rom (4.0 has worked best for me).
2. Download the cm7 rom of choice (I'm on ver 133 of the nightlies currently).
3. Open each rom zip file in separate windows with your favorite zip file manager.
4. Navigate in each window to /system/etc/wifi. You will notice the cm7 directory has fewer files, plus a subdirectory called "softap".
5. Notice the files in the cm7 wifi directory. Overwrite all of these with the files of the same names from the Salsa Slide Beta window.
6. In the cm7 window, now navigate into the "softap" directory.
7. Notice the files in the cm7 softap directory. Overwrite these with the files of the same names from the Salsa Slide Beta window.
8. Save the modified cm7 zip file, and flash to the Slide.
You will have to repeat the process for each new cm7 version you want to flash.
Same disclaimer as usual. No one is responsible if your phone dies.
If this thread is a nuisance or you want to make new people to look through tons of posts on the nightly thread, please PM me, I will tell a mod to remove this thread right away.
Fix attached on this post-the wifi fix in a nice, handy, simple .zip file that can be flashed in clockworkMOD v220.127.116.11. I need help with the edify scripting if you guys want it for clockworkMOD v18.104.22.168
- already modded nightly 135