Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 46,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PORT] Samsung Smart View App For All Android Devices - Makes You Enjoy Your Smart TV

Tip us?

Nokia7Vista
Old
(Last edited by Nokia7Vista; 31st July 2013 at 04:17 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 382

DONATE TO ME
Talking [PORT] Samsung Smart View App For All Android Devices - Makes You Enjoy Your Smart TV

Hi All

I was able to port the Samsung Smart View App so that it can work for all android devices than holding it for the SGS II only.

Description

This application is Wi-Fi remote control for Samsung Smart TV. If both your phone and TV are connected to the same wireless Router, your phone will link to the TV automatically where you can use your phone like a remote control. The TV can also transfer live feeds to your phone.

[Main Features]

-Dual View
Enjoy TV and other multimedia right from your mobile device thatís connected to Samsung Smart TV. You can even send what youíre watching on your mobile device to TV and watch it from TV.
- Bluetooth PowerOn
You can use your mobile device to turn on your TV using Bluetooth (available for certain TV and mobile devices only).
-Remote
Your mobile device can work as remote for your Samsung TV or BD products. Full remote screen is provided by default, and three tabs are provided at the bottom of the screen to help you control connected devices with ease. Onscreen keyboard shows up automatically when you need to enter text.
-Game Controller
With this feature, your mobile device can control games on TV. Full and Simple modes are available. Turn on Gyro function on your mobile device, and control games by tilting your mobile device.
-Settings
You can fine-tune control for TV and BD by adjusting gesture sensitivity in your mobile device.

[How to set up]

1.Check if Wireless Remote Control or Network Remote Control is enabled in your TVís System or Setup menu. If you donít see either of them in the menu, Samsung Smart View App canít be used in your mobile device.
2.Connect wireless/wired router to TV LAN port, or connect Samsung Wireless LAN adapter to TV USB port.
3.Connect your phone to wireless/wired router.

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?i...sung.smartview

Download Link For The Ported Version:

Hotfile

or

MediaFire

Enjoy

Follow me on Twitter / Instagram: @aheqab
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Nokia7Vista For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coolbry95
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Great port. Can you control a surround sound speaker with it too?

Nokia7Vista
Old
Thanks Meter 382

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbry95 View Post
Great port. Can you control a surround sound speaker with it too?
not sure about it yet,, as my Smart TV should arrive by 2morrow

anidrin
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Can you port the tab version? I'd like to use that for my Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App

Kosem
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Works on my Galaxy S, but only as the "remote mode" app - i.e. you cannot use dual view, cannot stream anything to/from the TV.

This basically makes it exactly the same as the Samsung Remote App, which already worked on all phones.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kosem For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nokia7Vista
Old
Thanks Meter 382

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anidrin View Post
Can you port the tab version? I'd like to use that for my Xoom.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App
It should work with the tab

Quote:
Works on my Galaxy S, but only as the "remote mode" app - i.e. you cannot use dual view, cannot stream anything to/from the TV.

This basically makes it exactly the same as the Samsung Remote App, which already worked on all phones.
Don't really know if it fully work,, as I still didn't receive the TV

kauka187
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Its definitely only the remote mode of the app. No dual mode. This on the tab 10.1

Nokia7Vista
Old
Thanks Meter 382

DONATE TO ME
The Dual-View seems to work on only some of the Smart TV's and not all,, As I read in the User Reviews in the market

nautyicars
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia7Vista View Post
not sure about it yet,, as my Smart TV should arrive by 2morrow
Did your TV arrive yet and were you able stream to your phone? I just downloaded it but unable to test intill i get home. Its a different version then the Remote app so im crossing my fingers. Ive got a 55" LED samsung with smartview so im hoping it will work. Im actually on a HTC EVO and i was able to install the app unlike before where the app would fail to install.

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1,485

DONATE TO ME
Duel view will only work on D7000 and D8000 2011 smart tvs i have the D8000 and SG 2
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lufc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android, samsung, smart, smart tv, view