Netflix 1.3 working on Xoom

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5132789

Working fine on 3G Tiamat 1.1 - now if only we could get HBOGO working...

B Dizzle

Jun 29, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Ah I see. Is it just me ... it doesn't look like it is streaming HD. I just assumed it was stretching the phone app and that was why it didn't look sharp.

Don't get me wrong. I am sure happy to have it all! But now I want to eat my cake too! :D

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
Ah I see. Is it just me ... it doesn't look like it is streaming HD. I just assumed it was stretching the phone app and that was why it didn't look sharp.

Don't get me wrong. I am sure happy to have it all! But now I want to eat my cake too! :D

I agree, hopefully one day we'll get quality as good as YouTube or Vevo

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
EDIT: Anybody tested HDMI out?
I did...

apparently there are several thread on XDA about this...

anyway to quote what I posted here -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15836523&postcount=12

Its working pretty good on my VZW 3G Xoom (over wifi... as I don't have 3G service activted on my Xoom)

And as an added bonus... HDMI out to my TV continues playing the movie!! (i.e. started playing a movie on the XOOM, then connected microHDMI cable to the TV, and the movie is playing on both the Xoom screen and TV Screen). It looks better on the Xoom screen, as with other attempts at video out across microHDMI to the TV, video is a little jerky and too warm.

kirbygauthier

Oct 14, 2010
in canada with the latest wifi us build - 3.2 and still getting the ca.Netflix.com/nd..something that it can't stream at my location. Anyone else?

Sistema1927

May 11, 2011
Albuquerque
Working great!

I didn't even need to enter my login info. since it picked it up from the non-streaming version that I had loaded earlier.

patass

Feb 21, 2009
it works now, something was being screwy before. Finally i can just connect my tablet to my living room tv instead of lugging my consoles back and forth.

Lolento

Jul 31, 2007
I'm definitely glad that it works but the streaming quality compared to my iPhone is just garbage...maybe Netflix is still holding back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

wow this actually works and everything is in landscape. yessss. stock 3G xoom meaning 3.1. Just in case something happens to your dropbox i uploaded the apk. it should be fine since the app is free in the market and we didnt make any changes to it.
    Can I get a screen shot of of how it looks on the larger screen? I really need some screenshots to see how my edits have affected the layout on larger screens anyway. (Although, the majority is loading from the web and not contained in the app, as I just stated :D )

Technically, no... nothing is visually off centered, but the touch screen points are not aligned properly because it is not optimized for Honeycomb just yet. I have a very difficult time hitting the text box so that I may bring up the keyboard and type in the search bar. True, the app is pretty much a web browser pointed directly at the Netflix website, but the app itself could use some big screen optimizations for our Honeycomb tablets to scale properly and to have liquid smooth scrolling.

And for some reason we cannot use the new app zoom compatibility feature from 3.2 to make it fit properly. I thought Netflix was mostly a phone app at this time since it isn't optimized for Honeycomb?

Screenshot attached...
    yepper

Confirmed working on my 3.2 rooted xoom. Nice.
    After all that, I tried it again. I gave it some more time, and the signal actually clears up within two to the minutes. It's actually such good quality that I can plug my Xoom into my 36"LCD TV and the movie streams beautifully!

Apologies to all, especially slim.