Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,781 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][July 20][WIP] MIUI Android Desire S

Tip us?

fugutrev
Old
(Last edited by fugutrev; 21st July 2011 at 11:38 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [ROM][July 20][WIP] MIUI Android Desire S

I'm new to this but here we go :) This is a port of the Desire HD Miui rom 1.7.15 with english patch. I'm using parts of superkids excellent Cyanogen rom to fix the hardware issues. It's a work in progress so don't get upset if things don't work.

So far from my testing these things work (your mileage may vary):
Camera (face camera not quite yet but main camera works nicely)
WIFI
GPS
Phone
Audio
Volume Keys
etc.

Not working:
Bluetooth
Sim contacts
Video playback
probably other stuff too

Installation instructions

Full wipe, install from recovery and then flash the excellent Unity V2 kernel from here. If overclocking is your thing, I use setcpu set to 245760 min, 1209600 max with smartass scaling.

The default kernel included won't enable WIFI so if you want it, flash the Unity kernel.

Try it out and see what you think. I'll try to look at fixing things as and when i get to them but bluetooth isn't going to be high on my priority list as I don't use it (but you're welcome to pull the rom apart and give it a whirl yourself!) I don't have a lot of time so if you want to try fixing things, please do as we'll all benefit :)

Download here (Mediafire)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fugutrev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Beukhof1
Old
(Last edited by Beukhof1; 21st July 2011 at 12:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Nice ill test it right away... flashing now :)

Update: everything you say is working works but you can add wifi to not working.
Current devices: HTC ONE (M8) Gun Metal / Nexus 5 32gb Black / Huawei ascend P7
Previous devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (black) (N9005) / Nexus 5 16gb Black / Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB / Samsung Galaxy S4 Black (i9505) / Samsung Galaxy Note II White / Archos Gamepad / Sony Xperia Tablet Z / HTC one Black / Sony Xperia Z Black / Meizu MX2 / Samsung Galaxy Note II White / Google Nexus 7 / Samsung Galaxy S III / Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 3G / HTC One X / Sony Xperia S / Samsung Galaxy S II

x8h8kenan
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukhof1 View Post
Nice ill test it right away... flashing now :)

Update: everything you say is working works but you can add wifi to not working.
wifi can be worked if using MDJ V2 kernel

How about battery cost?

Can the phone sleep correctly?

Now all the MIUI roms have a battery drain because the phone sleeps incorrectly.

faddys123
Old
(Last edited by faddys123; 21st July 2011 at 07:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Is camera quailty good?

Edit : I looked in the forum for the MDJ v2 kernel couldn't find it can you post a link please

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

belantara
Old
Thanks Meter 1
still wait'n for perfect MIUI rom...

chris5s
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by faddys123 View Post
Is camera quailty good?

Edit : I looked in the forum for the MDJ v2 kernel couldn't find it can you post a link please

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App
I think this link is for the kernel recommended?

Peace

Anyone got any screenshots?
Lumia 820 - stock
HP Touchpad 16/32GB - webOS/Android
Xiaomi 1S
The Following User Says Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faddys123
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s View Post
I think this link is for the kernel recommended?

Peace

Anyone got any screenshots?
thanks but apparently the wifi didnt working with that i will test it now anyways

chris5s
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by faddys123 View Post
thanks but apparently the wifi didnt working with that i will test it now anyways
No probs. Wifi not working is a ROM issue, I have that kernel flashed to my own custom ROM, wifi is fine.

Looking forward to seeing more MIUI development ... and some screenshots too
Lumia 820 - stock
HP Touchpad 16/32GB - webOS/Android
Xiaomi 1S

fugutrev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by belantara View Post
still wait'n for perfect MIUI rom...
Thanks for letting us know. I was concerned that you might try this one and be unhappy with it. On a more serious note, this kind of post does not help anyone! Did you even download this rom to try it or are you just informing us that you won't be happy until a 100% working Miui rom falls into your lap. We'd all love a perfectly working Miui rom but it won't happen overnight!

You're in a development forum, by it's very nature, you're not going to ever see many 100% working roms, hence the development in the forum name.

kartikk
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugutrev View Post
Thanks for letting us know. I was concerned that you might try this one and be unhappy with it. On a more serious note, this kind of post does not help anyone! Did you even download this rom to try it or are you just informing us that you won't be happy until a 100% working Miui rom falls into your lap. We'd all love a perfectly working Miui rom but it won't happen overnight!

You're in a development forum, by it's very nature, you're not going to ever see many 100% working roms, hence the development in the forum name.
+1

@belantara
you need to understand that the devs are doing this in their free time & are not asking for anything in return other than a little support
so if you have a negative comment why do you want to post it & discourage them??it isnt always easy finding the bugs & correcting them
Press the Thanks button if i helped you

Device : Samsung Galaxy Nexus
ROM : [ROM] [Official] VANIR (4.3 Nightlies)
Kernel : VANIR stock 4.3

Device History : HTC Desire S > Samsung Galaxy Nexus