XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Casio Commando

Tip us?

frodoz737
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Casio Commando

Have been monitoring the few posts related to the Casio Commando. Have learned of the ability to root, freeze and remove. Netflix won't work, processor can't be OC'ed and no Super Hacks show any interest in developing this phone. It serves my purpose as a "Rugged" smart phone and I was aware of the hardware and software limitations prior to purchase.

So here is my question: Other than the ability to use the Commando for "Tethering", is there any other reason I should mess with this thing? Serious question.

Respectfully and Thanks.

schmude07
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default I love my commando

My wife and I each bought a commando about 3 weeks ago and we love it. Hers is stock so far, while I am the guinea pig. I have rooted my GzOne and tethered it to my Asus transformer tablet with no problems. We both have Netflix loaded on the phone and it works fine, no jerky pictures. I watch TV shows while I commute on the bus. The speed and responsiveness - no complaints. I also like that it has Gorilla glass. I tend to just slide mine into my pocket and sometimes forget that change or keys are in it. So far no scratches.

Tethering and Netflix were my main requirements, so I am very happy. by the way if you are interested in buying it, don't go to a Verizon store, get it at wirefly.com - it is free plus free shipping, so save yourself $200. Also, if you let me, I can get $25 for each referral. We got our Blackberries there two years ago (free) too.

Dean
The Following User Says Thank You to schmude07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bmowery
Old
Thanks Meter 0
can the commando install .apk files? im trying to get my dad the music junk app for his phone and its being a pain in the butt. i personally have the EVO so everything is super easy to do on it...

Retired Marine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Commando can do .apk.

I Need to know the method of getting into the bootloader. Selected to backup current rom in ROM Manager, and when I restarted it went into the bootloader, but couldn't get past warning triangle. No combination of buttons worked.

Of course, I didn't google it, but I couldn't find it here at XDA so thought maybe such information would help others here.

rjglenn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
A custom recovery has been posted by getitnowmarketing on androidforums.com. The recovery does work but you still cannot boot into recovery from off, it has to be called from terminal emulator or adb.