Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,627 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Tip us?

dop2010
Old
(Last edited by dop2010; 14th February 2012 at 12:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I still want dop2010 to try this bundle as-is without any changes!! Please let us know.
Ok, I tried original bundle and it works! Thanks!
Even my game works, unbelievable!!

This page on wiki says "It is recommended that you update the various components of XDAndroid with incremental updates" so I thought I should just use the latest files... Are there updates for my hadrware? how can I find them?

What about my second problem with WM? Do you know how to fix it?

mweirauch
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dop2010 View Post
What about my second problem with WM? Do you know how to fix it?
So you say, in WinCE a bigger part of the panel area does not work? Is this "reproduceable" in any application? Or is this a "launcher" issue. Like Sense going mad?

I know from my TOPA days, that occassionally the Sense install was screwed when coming back to it. To see if this is only a sense issue, switch to that windows launcher thingy. During development I mostly disabled any "launcher" WinCE thingy... (which also gave faster turn-around times )
HTC Touch Diamond 2 | If you like what I am doing: Donate Thanks!

dop2010
Old
Thanks Meter 14
In home screen I can only press "Start" and top bar icons and two buttons in the bottom of the screen ("Phone" and "Contacts"?).
Everything else doesn't work.

When I press "Start", a list of programs opens, I can scroll it and start some programs (e.g. File Explorer). But I can't start Settings for example - the icon is highlighted, but nothing happens.
And some windows or programs don't disappear from the screen after I close them.

It's hard to explain, but it looks like the screen is not refreshing when it should..

mweirauch
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dop2010 View Post
In home screen I can only press "Start" and top bar icons and two buttons in the bottom of the screen ("Phone" and "Contacts"?).
Everything else doesn't work.

When I press "Start", a list of programs opens, I can scroll it and start some programs (e.g. File Explorer). But I can't start Settings for example - the icon is highlighted, but nothing happens.
And some windows or programs don't disappear from the screen after I close them.

It's hard to explain, but it looks like the screen is not refreshing when it should..
That sounds really like a HTC Sense issue. Are you runing a custom Sense install? Like MaxSense or some such? Try resinstalling. Otherwise try toggling the home screen "launcher" in the settings from and to Sense.

Otherwise, I dunno how to resolve this. I usually had to reinstall and was done.
HTC Touch Diamond 2 | If you like what I am doing: Donate Thanks!

dop2010
Old
Thanks Meter 14
WM works well now - probably rebooting with proper kernel file fixed it.

kadooosh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I copied the folder to my sd card and the startup file but is it normal the first boot takes ages?
I'm talking about 1 hour +
I allready restarted it but its been going for a long time now again.
Its still active though I see its doing something.
Sometimes the screen goes black and when I turn the on button its back again(standby?).

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadooosh View Post
I copied the folder to my sd card and the startup file but is it normal the first boot takes ages?
I'm talking about 1 hour +
I allready restarted it but its been going for a long time now again.
Its still active though I see its doing something.
Sometimes the screen goes black and when I turn the on button its back again(standby?).
Did you skip the calibration step? Tap the screen a few times (5 to be exact). It should boot, but your screen will not be configured correctly.

Please re-read the first post, it has instructions on what to do for screen calibration (and is one of the steps to follow for installation )

For reference, it should take ~10 minutes for the first boot. Anything over 15 is probably not going to finish.

ais11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have installed FRX07.1 on HTC Touch Diamond. Although it seems to be working but every action/click is dead slow. Is it normal on Touch Diamond or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ais11 View Post
I have installed FRX07.1 on HTC Touch Diamond. Although it seems to be working but every action/click is dead slow. Is it normal on Touch Diamond or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
This is the TD2 section, not the regular Diamond section.

The regular Diamond only has 192 mb of RAM... So yes, slowness is expected. There's not a lot that can be done - no SD card slot in the DIAM so you can't put in a faster random read/write card... So check my Speed Improvements thread. Might help.

ais11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks arrrghhh