Notes For Exchange is application to synchronize notes between Android and MS Exchange. This application will NOT store your Notes to some third-party server. It uses standard exchange synchronization of Appointments.
How it works?
“Notes for Exchange” has two parts:
* Outlook Add-in (NotesForExchange_x.zip), that will synchronized your notes with calendar appointments. It creates items at end of February 2036, so it will not collide with your standard events. Using standard Exchange synchronization, these are synchronized with your android phone.
* Android application (ExchangeNotes_x.apk), that displays these special “Appointment” as Notes. Also allows you to edit and delete them.
Android application can be used without Outlook add-in with any other calendar (e.g. gmail). In that case, it’s just simple notes application that stores notes into your calendar.
During testing and usage of this application, no data were lost. But backup of Notes and Appointment is strongly recommended.
This software is provided "as-is," without any express or implied warranty. In no event shall the author be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
Published on android market (v 1.7)
Notes for Exchange site
Current version 1.7
version 0.5 (and above) is not compatible with 0.3 (and bellow)
When upgrading to 0.5(or above) from 0.3 (and bellow)
- synchronize all notes before upgrade. All notes created/updated on device and not synchronized to outlook will be lost!!!
- update both part - outlook addin and android application
APK - current version 1.7
Outlook Add-in - current version 0.7
- <html> notes
- new icon
- fixed crash on ICS
- fixed creating new notes on device
- fixed shortening very long notes
- fixed start on samsung galaxy nexus
- support for android 1.6
- minor layout fixes
- saved position of notes list and expanded folds
- localization - swedish (thanks to iorx)
- fixed lost of actual category after search
- localization - de(thanks to hermann17), cz
- fixed forced close in folded view
- folded by category
- few bugfixes
- fixed bug with forced close
- fixed uncategorized filter
- simple settings of colors and text sizes
- uncategorized in filter
- search in notes
- support for categories
- synchronization process rewrited
- moved to end of February 2036
- APK - layout for large screens
- Outlook - logs into users temp dir
- Outlook - fixed date format (causing duplicity)
- Outlook - ignoring non standard notes
- Outlook - fixed synchronization after hibernation