5,594,564 Members 33,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.0.9 for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide (MoDaCo edition)

Tip us?

paulobrien
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5673
Default ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.0.9 for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide (MoDaCo edition)

Cool! I got a myTouch 4G Slide!

Not cool! No ClockworkMod recovery!

Solution! Make my own.

You must have a 'S-OFF' device to install this recovery image!

Here is my unofficial MoDaCo build of ClockworkMod for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide / aka HTC Doubleshot. In order to flash this recovery, you need to have temproot or permanent root via Fr3evo (grab from here, push to /data/local, run via ADB then reconnect after it drops your connection for root access). If you need ADB, you can grab it here.

You use this image at your own risk! Proceed with caution!

To install, simply...
  • Download the ClockworkMod image file from here
  • Copy the file to /data/local ('adb push doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img /data/local')
  • Write the image to the recovery partition ('dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21')
  • Do a recovery reboot to test ('adb reboot recovery').
That's it!

P
Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien

Follow MoDaCo Android on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to paulobrien For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raycaster3
Old
Thanks Meter 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulobrien View Post

Solution! Make my own.

Here is my unofficial MoDaCo build of ClockworkMod for the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide / aka HTC Doubleshot. In order to flash this recovery, you need to have temproot or permanent root via Fr3evo (grab from here, push to /data/local, run via ADB then reconnect after it drops your connection for root access). If you need ADB, you can grab it here.

To install, simply...
  • Copy the file to /data/local ('adb push doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img /data/local')
  • Write the image to the recovery partition ('dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21')
That's it!

P
Thanks for this! Man I wish I had mine in my hands already! I'm gonna give this a shot as soon as it arrives

Sent from my demonSPEED Glacier
DARKSIDE

Reviewers
Old
Thanks Meter 1667
Mine is S-ON :eek:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycaster3 View Post
Thanks for this! Man I wish I had mine in my hands already! I'm gonna give this a shot as soon as it arrives

Sent from my demonSPEED Glacier

Newest & Current Beastly Device:
T-Mobile Galaxy S III → 4.2.2 SuperNexus by Faryaab
Galaxy Tab 10.1 → 4.0.4

raycaster3
Old
Thanks Meter 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Mine is S-ON :eek:
Boo! Damn

Sent from my HTC Glacier
DARKSIDE

Akujin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
So what does hboot do to /dev/block/mmcblk0p21 after the phone is turned back on if you temp root and dd it?
myTouch 4G Slide Black v1.0 - SPL: 1.44.1107 Revolutionary S-OFF
myTouch 3G Black v1.0 - SPL: hboot 1.33.0013d - Radio: 2.22.27.08 - ROM: cm-6.1.0-RC1-DS-2708port_S

Desktop: Q6600, 8GB DDR2, ASUS MAXIMUS FORMULA, Asus Geforce GTX 470, Raid 0 SSDx2 Windows 7
Work Laptop: Asus G51J, i7 720QM, DDR3 8GB, Geforce GTS 360M 1GB, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB

masker2011
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank you!

masker2011
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulobrien View Post

Solution! Make my own.

To install, simply...
That's it!

P
what does this means 'dd if=/data/local/doubleshot.clockworkmod.4.0.0.9.modaco.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21'

michaelmab88
Old
(Last edited by michaelmab88; 4th August 2011 at 06:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
That line of code just copies the recovery image from a directory on the phone to the special place where a recovey image is supposed to be.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to michaelmab88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

masker2011
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmab88 View Post
That line of code just copies the recovery image from a directory on the phone to the special place where a recovey image is supposed to be.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App
My device is ship s-off can't use this methods.so i used sdcard flash succeeded. Thanks!

cberbes
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Crossing my fingers that someone finds a way to get S-off on these. I'm too spoiled with CM7, I forgot what it's like to have a "stock" phone that you can't delete unwanted apps, overclock, tweak, etc.

I think I might just box up the MTS4G and continue to use my G2 until true root is available.

The Following User Says Thank You to cberbes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]