Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck at S/W upgrade during update

Tip us?

chrisdepew
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I finally got the drivers for NV flash installed. Once I run Flash stock recovery, should the phone boot properly? It will just like stock right? Mine is just stuck in S/W update still. What should I do?

speedsk8x
Old
(Last edited by speedsk8x; 22nd July 2011 at 07:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzilnit View Post
I am wondering is this 2.3 which i finally got working on my as well from the kdz the one that was released today or months ago
It's the one from yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdepew View Post
I finally got the drivers for NV flash installed. Once I run Flash stock recovery, should the phone boot properly? It will just like stock right? Mine is just stuck in S/W update still. What should I do?
I should have been more clear. After you flash the stock recovery, it is going to still show the S/W Upgrade screen. You want to be at the S/W Upgrade screen so you can push the KDZ via the steps I posted.

CaliLove310
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsk8x View Post
As many have stated, pushing the v21E_00.kdz via the KDZ_FW_UPD program does work. It's just touchy.

This is a step by step guide to get you back in to working shape.

Note: You MUST do this via a PC running Windows XP. Running Vista/7 in compatibility mode is not going to work, period.

Part 1: Download the files you will need below.

V21E_00.kdz
KDZ_FW_UPD_EN
One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-06-16.rar
LG USB Drivers G2x

Part 2:

1) Install the LG G2x USB drivers to your WinXP machine.
2) Extract the entire contents of the One-Click recovery in to a folder and keep it handy.
3) Remove the battery from the phone. Hold both volume buttons and plug in the USB cable. If you are asked for a driver, look in the APX folder where you extracted the One-Click recovery archive.
4) Run OneClickRecoveryFlasher.exe and flash the stock recovery. Wait for the process to finish and close all windows and unplug the phone.
5) Put the battery back into the phone and turn it on. You will be back at the S/W Upgrade screen. This is where you want to be! Now plug the USB cable back in to the phone. If everything is up to snuff you should have no driver problems at this point.
6) Extract KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.7z in to a folder. Inside is a msxml.msi. You need to run and install this first!
7) Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe.. Leave the type set to CDMA and the phone mode set to DIAG. DO NOT CLICK ON "Read phone information"
8) Click the folder icon and load the V21E_00.kdz
9) Click launch software update (and pray!)

What you will see:

The log window will immediatly show:
22:41:02 : Launching SW update
22:41:02 : Unpacking KDZ

Then it will stop for a while.
After this you will most likely see:
22:41:16 : KDZ file extraced
22:41:21 : Files were extracted.
22:41:21 : LGMobileDL Load.
22:41:21 : Port = 5
22:41:21 : Connecting to phone
22:41:33 : Check Phone mode = 1

It will pause again before you see:
22:42:08 : Phone type check.......
22:42:08 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
22:42:08 : _SetAuthMark Fail
22:42:08 : AuthMark가 정확히 Phone에 Write 되지 않았습니다!
22:42:08 : _SetAuthMark Fail
22:42:08 : LoadCDMAPhoneData() Error
22:42:08 : _DetachDLL Call
22:42:08 : _DetachDLL Call End
22:42:08 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\V21E.wdb
22:42:08 : Param : moduleDir =
22:42:08 : Param : waitTime = 33000
22:42:08 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 0
22:42:08 : Param : PhoneMode = 1
22:42:08 : Param : BinVersion = V21E_00
22:42:08 : Param : AuthMark = 0
22:42:08 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

Finally after another pause you should start to get spammed by the following message:
22:42:41 : CDMA: wParam = 2007, lParam = 0
22:42:41 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2007, 0)

You will even hear the USB disconnect/reconnect sound several times.
The sound and spam will continue until the lParam counts to 100.
It should look like:
22:46:25 : CDMA: wParam = 2005, lParam = 100
22:46:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2005, 100)
22:46:25 : CDMA: wParam = 2001, lParam = 0
22:46:25 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(2001, 0)

After it gets to 100, your phone will reboot to the LG logo before going
blank. After a few moments of the blank screen you will get the TMO G2x splash before being dropped back in to your working phone.

Be patient as this takes a while. If at any point the program freezes for more than a few moments, it's most likely going to fail and you will need to try again.

Hope this helps. =)

Thanks to everyone who helped figure this out.

Edit: Added some missing info.
These instructions worked perfectly for me! I'm so glad I got my phone back. I had to go the whole day without it. Although I was using my Nexus S meanwhile, I did miss my G2x.
Use this link, Dropbox, to create a dropbox account. We both receive an extra free 250mb.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaliLove310 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr.johnsexydavis911
Old
Thanks Meter 5
After about 10 tries KDZ worked and gingerbread was loaded. The only problem is I don't have a signal and it says unknown for baseband? Do I need to install a zip or something? Someone help

Odemata
Old
Thanks Meter 0
To get into the recover hold down the down volume button and power untill you see android icon and box. at that point tap the home button and you'll get boot into android recovery. but i'm stuck there. I don't know how to select the factory wipe setting

mr.johnsexydavis911
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odemata View Post
To get into the recover hold down the down volume button and power untill you see android icon and box. at that point tap the home button and you'll get boot into android recovery. but i'm stuck there. I don't know how to select the factory wipe setting
Do you have clockwork recovery installed?

Odemata
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had it installed but when I tried to get into the recovery clockworks doesn't load but the stock recovery. I've been trying the solution that was posted above and i just keep getting the program crashing. my screen is stuck on s/w upgrade. this has really ticked me off. I like the phone but its been nothing but problems. I don't think i'll buy another non nexus phone for android again

josepr07
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Why, does it matter? I try CWM internal, external, wipes, flash Roms and nothing works, Im so fkng pis*ed . I dont have xp.

Odemata
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I guess i'll have to use my n1 and call support in the morning to get a replacement. after this i'm not really feeling this phone. bad launch, plenty of bugs, delayed response to fix, and now this.

Bspence415
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i cant even open the file after i downloaded it it ask me what do i want to open it with what should i do?