Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+][05 Jul. - V1.16] BetterBatteryStats

Tip us?

kpavl01
Old
(Last edited by kpavl01; 13th February 2013 at 12:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 218
Default Re: [APP][2.1+][26 Jan. - V1.12RC7] BetterBatteryStats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpfenhai View Post
To be honest i dont see a real problem here...
So im not really sure what to advice, sorry.. im currently on the latest cm10 nightly and my deep sleep is even worse than yours, but my drain is less, so i assume the kernel & modem combination you are using is causing your problem.

2 Last question, how crowded is your wifi? could you try wifi analyzer from market and switch to a less crowded wifi channel? It may bring a measurable difference.
How is your signal receptiion in your area? The syncloop makes me think the mobile network could be unstable.

Good Luck mate!
I am in bed now and I will read the whole post when I wake up.

1. I have 3 phones and one pc on my wifi network. I use static ip (i could try without it).

I searched for wifi analyzer. My wifi network is the strongest and i dont know what to do in that app. Added pictures at end!

2. Signal reception is ok but today I played a little bit with it. Switching from 2g to 3g, airplane mode etc.
This modem is XXLPS and it is the best one I tried.

Signal is from -75 o -85 while on 3g (i couldnt find a good modem until now and i noticed when changing too much from data on/off, 3g/2g, airplane that signal tends to get lower).

About signal I could use the phone tomorow without playing with signal and dump a file again.

EDIT:

Did you disable
autostarts from GSF ? ------No, what is that?

guess its normal due to
your huge amount of data transfer from
playstore.-----today I only downloaded adobe reader

Added pictures.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Karpfenhai
Old
Thanks Meter 2286

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpavl01 View Post
I am in bed now and I will read the whole post when I wake up.

1. I have 3 phones and one pc on my wifi network. I use static ip (i could try without it).

I searched for wifi analyzer. My wifi network is the strongest and i dont know what to do in that app. Added pictures at end!

2. Signal reception is ok but today I played a little bit with it. Switching from 2g to 3g, airplane mode etc.
This modem is XXLPS and it is the best one I tried.

Signal is from -75 o -85 while on 3g (i couldnt find a good modem until now and i noticed when changing too much from data on/off, 3g/2g, airplane that signal tends to get lower).

About signal I could use the phone tomorow without playing with signal and dump a file again.

EDIT:

Did you disable
autostarts from GSF ? ------No, what is that?

guess its normal due to
your huge amount of data transfer from
playstore.-----today I only downloaded adobe reader.

See the figures, it states 150 mb via Wi-Fi from playstore..

Anyway, this screen recommends you the ideal channel for your environment:

This is my signal strength:

The second channel 1 almost as strong as yours could be the culprit. Use what Wi-Fi analyzer tells you as add ideal channel or just try channel 3 or 8.

Good luck!

Tapatalked from my Galaxy SII
Galaxy SII + Nexus 10 32Gb,
What else?
Maintaining, HTC Sensation (Pyramid), Galaxy SIII / IV , Zopo P980 + other Phones and Tablets..
The Following User Says Thank You to Karpfenhai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acme99
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Hello! I have a Galaxy SIII, and some battery drain that's driving me crazy... My phone will be ok for most of the day, then for no apparent reason will start to drain the battery like crazy. Like go from 80% to 15% in 3-4 hours. I have to restart it to stop it... Using Battery Monitor Widget I can see that normal usage is about 40-70 mA, then it jumps to 300-400+ mA until it dies.

I installed BBS, but since this crazyness starts whenever it likes to I can't get a clean log. Is there a way to start logging from a precise place in time or extract an period of time to analyse? I can't figure this out... Like right now, it's been acting crazy for the last 3 hours, but I unplugged it this morning... How can I get only the last 3 hours?

Thanks!
Asus Infinity TF700T, unlocked, TWRP, CleanROM Inheritance 3.1
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, CWM, stock ROM
Samsung GS3 i9300, full stock

kozmo21
Old
Thanks Meter 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by acme99 View Post
Hello! I have a Galaxy SIII, and some battery drain that's driving me crazy... My phone will be ok for most of the day, then for no apparent reason will start to drain the battery like crazy. Like go from 80% to 15% in 3-4 hours. I have to restart it to stop it... Using Battery Monitor Widget I can see that normal usage is about 40-70 mA, then it jumps to 300-400+ mA until it dies.

I installed BBS, but since this crazyness starts whenever it likes to I can't get a clean log. Is there a way to start logging from a precise place in time or extract an period of time to analyse? I can't figure this out... Like right now, it's been acting crazy for the last 3 hours, but I unplugged it this morning... How can I get only the last 3 hours?

Thanks!
When you notice it starting to act up, just go to menu > set custom ref. ... it will start from that point. Just make sure when you save the dump it says custom, instead of boot or unplugged.
The Following User Says Thank You to kozmo21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cute_kayani
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Hello,

Yesterday i got OTA on Official JB Spain, which i flashed fews weeks ago.
But after yesterday's update my battery is at worst situation.

I am getting this partial wakelock, and this is eating my battery. Please tell me what is this and which app it can be, so that i can remove it. This all happened after OTA on official Spain JB.

*sync*_com.google.android.apps.magazines_Account {name=EM, type=com.google} (com.google.android.apps.magazines.Google Play Magazines)

It_ler
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14652
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_kayani View Post
Hello,

Yesterday i got OTA on Official JB Spain, which i flashed fews weeks ago.
But after yesterday's update my battery is at worst situation.

I am getting this partial wakelock, and this is eating my battery. Please tell me what is this and which app it can be, so that i can remove it. This all happened after OTA on official Spain JB.

*sync*_com.google.android.apps.magazines_Account {name=EM, type=com.google} (com.google.android.apps.magazines.Google Play Magazines)
Go to your menu Settings > Application manager > All tab > search for Google Play Magazines, click it to open app infos, then click on Disable.
Then reboot the phone and this wakelock should be gone.

Good luck !

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_prog View Post
so, when my device is "awaken" (but the screen is still off) the option "wifi off when screen goes off" (so to speak) won't be working that way?

Aha! I tried pinging my phone from my computer and the packets arrived! That means my wifi is NOT turning off when the screen goes off

I guess I could have seen this from the BBS logs, right? and the do show it: "Wifi On (): 8 h 34 m 17 s (30857 s) Ratio: 100.0%"

edit: well, just tried the same on my girlfriend's phone (S2 also) on ICS and it behaves the same way but she doesn't have battery drainage.
Wifi on shows only the state of the wifi toggle (wifi toggle on all the time in your case).
You have to look at Wifi running - that shows how long the wifi really was used.

After turning off the screen, the phone needs some time (about 5-8 minutes) to stop wifi and go into deep sleep ... depending on your apps (wakelocks).
So for your wifi test, you should wait for ar least 10 minutes after turning off the screen ... then try to ping the phone via wifi.
Haven't tested it myself ... so please report back your results.

Good luck !
Phone: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v4.1
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANE2 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch recovery
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.

kpavl01
Old
(Last edited by kpavl01; 13th February 2013 at 08:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpfenhai View Post
See the figures, it states 150 mb via Wi-Fi from playstore..

Anyway, this screen recommends you the ideal channel for your environment:

This is my signal strength:

The second channel 1 almost as strong as yours could be the culprit. Use what Wi-Fi analyzer tells you as add ideal channel or just try channel 3 or 8.

Good luck!

Tapatalked from my Galaxy SII
Thanks. Wifi analyzer reccomends chanel 14.

Could you tell me what are autostarts from gsf?

Edit

I disabled all i could (only one or 2 recievers left). I used rom toolbox pro and clicked on advanced freezer.

Does disabling autostarts from gsf affect anything?

It_ler
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14652
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpavl01 View Post
Thanks. Wifi analyzer reccomends chanel 14.

Could you tell me what are autostarts from gsf?

Just have a look at post #3.
There you will find a link to Karpfenhai's description of how to optimize Autostarts for Maps ... with screenshots and a short description.
Autostarts are like app based rules, on which trigger (event) an app will be started.
With root and some apps (such as Gemini Apps Manager and Autostarts from Play store), you can change the default autostart options for the apps.
GoogleServiceFramwork (GSF) is a very important/basic app needed for many system apps/functions.
So be very careful when changing any autostart option for it.
Disabling the wrong option can lead to even more wakelocks and worse battery life.
Phone: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v4.1
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANE2 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch recovery
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.
The Following User Says Thank You to It_ler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kpavl01
Old
(Last edited by kpavl01; 13th February 2013 at 09:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 218

Thanks. I will see that.

I noticed that some recievers cant be disabled. Came back to default.

EDIT: Sorry about editing too much.

1. My phone shows 100% battery even after 30 min of usage. What could be the reason? Later on it is all good. I even think that it later loses the % he should lose before (when he stayed at 100%).

2. My phone was in water the other day and it was in rice for 3 days. Could any of that be the reason?

3. Should i disable ony that recievers that are told by Karpfenhai?

Note: I don't use maps and dont have it installed. I can't see that he wrote about GSF autostart recievers?

4. There is no channel 14 on my router so I picked 13, we will see....i think my neighbours use automatic channels.

And i noticed this!

nemer12
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Google services eating my battery over the night 123 wake looks + i think..

also i dont understand my phone stays awake when the screen is off or not ? because the Battery MAnagement from Sony..says that it stays 90% percent of time.

please help
Ericsson T628i - > Siemens A55 - > SPV C500(AKA HTC with Windows Mobile 2003) - > Nokia 7360 L'amour Edition - > Sony Ericsson K800 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson K850 - > Sony Ericsson W910 - > Sony Ericsson W960 - > Nokia E66 - > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 - > Nokia 2310 (WTF) - > Iphone 3GS - > Iphone 4 - > Iphone...4 - > Sony Xperia S - > HTC ONE X -> Sony Xperia T -> Sony Xperia Z

make.believe

Tags
alarms, battery drain, battery monitor, battery stats, wakelock, wakeup