Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+][05 Jul. - V1.16] BetterBatteryStats

Tip us?

chamonix
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13224
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut View Post
Excellent work! Just what Gingerbread needs. The very best of luck with the app!

Thank you.

Sent from my Motorola StarTac using Voodoo
Thank you for the support and for the testing!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chamonix
Old
Thanks Meter 13224
Default Bug in Network Usage stat

nobnut has reported incomplete stats for network usage (list does not show all apps that have generating network traffic). I reproduced this on Gingerbread where my phone only shows google maps traffic. I could reproduce this on HSDPA as well as on Wifi. The figures that are shown seem ok and increases when I use Maps.
Now interesting is that this problem can not be reproduced on Froyo where reported apps concur with the Network stats from Spare Parts.

As the stat is incomplete I'll remove it from the app till I can find a solution.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nobnut
Old
Thanks Meter 2422
When I noticed this, it occurred to me that perhaps user apps were not reporting their data, whereas the system apps were. I can get readings for a number of apps, they are all system apps however.

This may just be concidence.

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

chamonix
Old
Thanks Meter 13224
New version 0.4.0 is out. See second post for download link and changelog
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nobnut
Old
Thanks Meter 2422
Your blog link still reads 0.3.1

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI
The Following User Says Thank You to nobnut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lexluthor
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeardedchild View Post
Ah, I see, so I use this app instead of Spare Parts. Well awesome, thanks for the clarification, and the useful app!
Not sure since I can't get there on spare parts.

It was in battery history and I think it was the default that came up that said "running" and it gives a percent of the time the phone is running.

I've seen that pegged at 100% with no wake locks, so that still indicated a problem.

dmarden
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Very cool, thank you for your efforts. Downloaded and following on twitter/subscribed to the thread.

chamonix
Old
Thanks Meter 13224
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut View Post
Your blog link still reads 0.3.1
oops, fixed, thank you

chamonix
Old
Thanks Meter 13224
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Not sure since I can't get there on spare parts.

It was in battery history and I think it was the default that came up that said "running" and it gives a percent of the time the phone is running.

I've seen that pegged at 100% with no wake locks, so that still indicated a problem.
Ok here's what I have on Froyo going to Spare Parts:
. Battery Information: useless
- Usage stats: it's an poorly formated list of apps with the launch count and CPU time
- Battery History: a list of graphable buttons with following stats: Other usage, Partial Wake Usage, Sensor Usage, GPD Usage, Network Usage, CPU Usage. Each shows a list of apps/processes with blue/red bars.

Maybe you are talking about "Other usages". Here I see % running, %screen on, %wifi on
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lexluthor
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamonix View Post
Ok here's what I have on Froyo going to Spare Parts:
. Battery Information: useless
- Usage stats: it's an poorly formated list of apps with the launch count and CPU time
- Battery History: a list of graphable buttons with following stats: Other usage, Partial Wake Usage, Sensor Usage, GPD Usage, Network Usage, CPU Usage. Each shows a list of apps/processes with blue/red bars.

Maybe you are talking about "Other usages". Here I see % running, %screen on, %wifi on
Yep, "other usage". I'd love to be able to see that exact data on GB.

Any chance you can dig that out of wherever it is to display in your app? Certainly, running time, being the most important.

Tags
alarms, battery drain, battery monitor, battery stats, wakelock, wakeup