Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 46,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.1+][05 Jul. - V1.16] BetterBatteryStats

Tip us?

daveid
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Just for ****s and giggles, I installed this on my Acer Iconia A500 running 3.1. Everything looks good, thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to daveid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thebeardedchild
Old
Thanks Meter 41
So in the future, will there be a more graphical display of battery usage stats and such? It's a little harder for me to see which apps are running rogue when I'm just comparing numbers...
Also, I'm wondering if a "since power on" could be a reference point for stats. Or is it? I'm just seeing since charged, unplugged, then last and current...dunno what all of them mean.

chamonix
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 13220
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Yep, "other usage". I'd love to be able to see that exact data on GB.

Any chance you can dig that out of wherever it is to display in your app? Certainly, running time, being the most important.
We have the original code so it's "only" a matter of porting it and seeing if it runs correctly on GB. Feature request added, I'll keep you updated
The Following User Says Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chamonix
Old
Thanks Meter 13220
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid View Post
Just for ****s and giggles, I installed this on my Acer Iconia A500 running 3.1. Everything looks good, thanks!
Thanks for the feedback! I'll add 3.1 under supported versions

chamonix
Old
Thanks Meter 13220
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeardedchild View Post
So in the future, will there be a more graphical display of battery usage stats and such? It's a little harder for me to see which apps are running rogue when I'm just comparing numbers...
Also, I'm wondering if a "since power on" could be a reference point for stats. Or is it? I'm just seeing since charged, unplugged, then last and current...dunno what all of them mean.
I'm still a little puzzled by "last" and "current" too; the names come from the original constants but I agree that they are not speaking at all.
Added as a feature request.

I will look into the time axis but I'm not very confident that I can correlate e.g. a wakelock with the time it was set and lifted. Brandall had a similar question and I already looked into the timers without finding anything. But I'll take it up as a feature request anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vault1965
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Thanks for great app. One question, what exactly is backup process in Android system? I have this process at top of wakelock activity with one hour where other stuff is barely couple of minutes.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
HTC One M7 UL + Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110 + Xperia SP
ROM: Any good one out there
Kernel: As above
Radio: Virgin alternative rock
Skin: My own
Mods: All Mod Cons

chamonix
Old
Thanks Meter 13220
Quote:
Originally Posted by vault1965 View Post
Thanks for great app. One question, what exactly is backup process in Android system? I have this process at top of wakelock activity with one hour where other stuff is barely couple of minutes.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
I think meant is the "android backup service" (http://code.google.com/android/backup/index.html). It is a service that offers cloud backup/restore of your settings and offers an API for other apps to do the same (http://developer.android.com/guide/t...ta/backup.html).

AFAIK you can turn it off (but will lose the automatic backup) under Setting -> Privacy ->Back up my data.
If it's the right service the wakelocks should stop.
Backups are useful though but no need to do it in the cloud, I'd recommend scheduling a regular backup using titanium instead (that's my setting).

I'd be happy if you could confirm and tell me the exact name of the service for me to take that info up in the how-to post of this thread

R3wt3d
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Hi

Just installed this...looks interesting, thanks.

>And here's the point: my SGS2 drains about 2-10 mAh where it was up at 20-100 mAh before I started cleaning stuff up.

Can you tell me how you found out the amount?
I'm using sgs2 aswell and I hate to see that battery drains even I do not use it during work.

Keep up the good work! cheers!

nobnut
Old
(Last edited by nobnut; 23rd July 2011 at 08:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2422
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3wt3d View Post
Hi

>And here's the point: my SGS2 drains about 2-10 mAh where it was up at 20-100 mAh before I started cleaning stuff up.

I'm using sgs2 aswell and I hate to see that battery drains even I do not use it during work.

There are many apps providing battery data on the Market. Battery Monitor Widget is one of them

@Chamonix congratulations on making the XDA news page and tweet!

Sent from my HTC Flyer using vodka

Never, ever conform
IOHWIRI

chamonix
Old
Thanks Meter 13220
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3wt3d View Post
Hi

I'm using "Battery Monitor Widget" to monitor battery drain (updating first post)

The Following User Says Thank You to chamonix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
alarms, battery drain, battery monitor, battery stats, wakelock, wakeup