5,605,766 Members 47,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3.2 XOOM or the Asus Transformer?

Tip us?

hipertec
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default 3.2 XOOM or the Asus Transformer?

I am debating to get my first tablet. But having a hard time deciding if I should get the Xoom or the Asus Transformer. Or should I wait to see whats coming in the next few months...
I researched and seems that the negative reviews of the Xooms was when it first came out so wanted some feedbacks from new owners or reviewers.
Please help me decide.

Kippui
Old
(Last edited by Kippui; 22nd July 2011 at 12:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Rank these if your looking at the 32 gb models

1. Build quality
2. Updates
3. Price

if #2 is price then get the transformer
If you care about 1 + 2 then get the xoom.

If your worried about it being outdated then buy it from a place with a 90 day return policy for electronics

okantomi
Old
Thanks Meter 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kippui View Post
Rank these if your looking at the 32 gb models

1. Build quality
2. Updates
3. Price

if #2 is price then get the transformer
If you care about 1 + 2 then get the xoom.

If your worried about it being outdated then buy it from a place with a 90 day return policy for electronics
I don't know how you can do better on price than $399. at Staples for the fabulous Xoom.
Transformer Infinity 32Gb - JB 4.1.1
ROM: CROMI v4.4 with _that kernel
Nexus 7 32Gb - JB 4.2.2
ROM: between sparksco's sabremod and sbdags' CROMi with M-kernel
SGS2 Epic 4G Touch - JB 4.2.2
ROM: Evervolv, Baked or Magical Unicorn
Xoom WiFi - JB 4.2.1
ROM: EOS 4 Wingray Nightly 180
Rockin' TWRP Touch Recovery on everything!

When someone--anyone--helps you, give them a THANKS!

hipertec
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Important to me is features and quality. I'm stuck between the two because I do like motorla products but the features on the TF looks great too. I've heard the TF has a better screen than the Xoom too. Is the correct?
Also, is there a retailer that has 90 return that can match the staples coupon?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA App

JanetPanic
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipertec View Post
Important to me is features and quality. I'm stuck between the two because I do like motorla products but the features on the TF looks great too. I've heard the TF has a better screen than the Xoom too. Is the correct?

The screen quality on the transformer is better. Light bleed on the transformer is a bit of an issue however.

playya
Old
Thanks Meter 1762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Yea I just got the Asus today for a friend and paid $299 for that you really can't go wrong. The screen does look better and you have to ability to get the keyboard to make it a net book. She did that and I must admit its nice piece. I like my Xoom but if I had a choice since mine was purchased for me I would of gotten the TF...
DeBloat your AOKP/CM10 fast and pain free click here
---------------------------------------------------
"Hey if you can type it you can search it" - Google is your friend - Let me Google that for you
--------------------------------------------------
Proud owner of a Nexus 4 on LiquidSmooth 2.5/Samsung Galaxy S2(AT&T)and Wifi Only Xoom

Kippui
Old
(Last edited by Kippui; 22nd July 2011 at 02:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by okantomi View Post
I don't know how you can do better on price than $399. at Staples for the fabulous Xoom.

my post wasn't very descriptive xD maybe he might want the $399 - $100 transformer.

@ OP The transformer has that laptop thing and a better screen + price vs functionality. The xoom has it matched everywhere else. If you don't plan on rooting then we are spoon fed from google.

ghodzilla5150
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
I am debating to get my first tablet. But having a hard time
deciding if I should get the Xoom or the Asus Transformer. Or should I wait to see whats coming in the next few months...
I researched and seems that the negative reviews of the Xooms was when it first came out so wanted some feedbacks from new owners or reviewers.
Please help me decide.
At Staples you can get the Xoom for $398. If build quality mean's anything to you then Xoom is a No Brainer. This AWESOME device does not feel cheap. Screen looks great to me and I have 5 Blu-Ray's on it and get compliments all the time, and even from other ipad2 owners. Netflix looks Great. The Xoom for me

hipertec
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Where did you get the tf at?

JanetPanic
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Where did you get the tf at?

I do not know where he picked it up from but you can get it at Office Depot and they will honor the Staples coupon. Office Depot honored the coupon without any debate for me but if they do you can always point them to their policy:

http://www.officedepot.com/renderSta...e/lowPrice.jsp

Quote:
How does our Price Match Guarantee work for in-store purchases?

If you find a lower price at another store on a new, identical item, show us the lower price at the time of purchase and we will match it on the spot. Or show us the lower price within 14 days of your Office Depot purchase and we will pay you the difference. Our price is the final price you pay after any discounts, coupons, instant savings and mail-in savings are applied. We will match the other store's point-of-sale price after deducting their instant rebates and coupons. We will not match the other store's mail-in rebates nor will we deduct the value of any gift with purchase.