Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,879 Members 50,180 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2nd-init for the Droid X2!

Tip us?

dragonzkiller
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1356

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhde View Post
Look into Atrix, it's tegra2 and I believe they already have a unofficial port for CM7. It may need minimal tweaking since nearly every hack for the X2 this far has been modified atrix stuff.
Sent from my DROID X2
Yeah you're right I saw that like 2 seconds after you said something. This is the address to my github. It is an almost direct copy of the Atrix one right now besides the system.prop.

https://github.com/dragonzkiller/cm7...torola_daytona

That and a few changes to make it say daytona.

cash_back
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurioHonoo View Post
Yes, I have super user access, and no such file exists in my data folder

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App
Same thing happend to me reboot and try again.

KurioHonoo
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I rebooted and tried again, still getting no permission

Sent from my DROID X2

dragonzkiller
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1356

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk View Post
Isn't everything atrix now 2.3.3? so wouldn't you need to work from old cm with out gingerbread... i hope i'm wrong
My girlfriend has a Huwaei Ascend and it has 2.1 on it, and supposedly it's upgradeable to 2.2. That being said there is an unofficial port for it for CM7 which as we know is 2.3.

juhde
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk View Post
Isn't everything atrix now 2.3.3? so wouldn't you need to work from old cm with out gingerbread... i hope i'm wrong
Yes you're wrong

Sent from my DROID X2
iPhone - You're holding it wrong

ericerk
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhde View Post
Yes you're wrong

Sent from my DROID X2
Goood!! can't wait to see some cm7
Click Here!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ericerk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ricovox
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Can someone please comment on how 2ndinit compares to the "Droid X2 System Recovery" originally Posted c21johnson in terms of function?

My understanding is that ROMs etc could be flashed with the Recovery, so is 2ndinit simply an alternative method to flash ROMs? Can 2ndinit also function as a recovery method as well?

Or is 2ndinit something completely different altogether?

Thanks!

myriad46
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricovox View Post
Can someone please comment on how 2ndinit compares to the "Droid X2 System Recovery" originally Posted c21johnson in terms of function?

My understanding is that ROMs etc could be flashed with the Recovery, so is 2ndinit simply an alternative method to flash ROMs? Can 2ndinit also function as a recovery method as well?

Thanks!
Nothing personal, but you may be over your head in this particular forum. The developer forum is pretty technical. By all means, read it and follow it, but asking "entry level" questions might get you flamed around here. I don't think it's right, I'm just trying to save your feelings a bit. Once things get a little more fleshed out and "prime time" someone will post a nice set of instructions for the average user in the General forum. I've been sufing the forums for 2 years and flashed many many roms and kernels on my last phone, and I don't know what the heck these guys are talking about half the time.

However, these are the guys that are going to get us things like CM7 on our Droid X2. So the best advice I could give you would be to step back and let them work.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, just trying to help.
Moto X - Verizon
The Following User Says Thank You to myriad46 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MikeJ92YJ
Old
Thanks Meter 94

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricovox View Post

Thanks!
I Really Hope I'm Not Gonna Get Frowned Upon By Posting This But If You Wanna Know How It Works Read This Like I Have.

http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd...d_how_it_works
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeJ92YJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edgan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurioHonoo View Post
I rebooted and tried again, still getting no permission
Please give me the output from the commands below.

ls /system/xbin
ls /system/bin
ls -R /system/rootfs