Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[Q] Fc's on most of the GB roms

OP FridayJ

22nd July 2011, 03:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

40 posts
I've tried Apex, Mosaic, dlev and Continuum roms... With all but continuum, I get force close's after restoring apps/data in Tibu.

Example, I wipe data cache, dalvic and then flash one of the roms. Once it's booted up, I go into Titanium, do a batch restore of apps, and once it finishes, I go to start Angry Birds and it fc's. It can be any of the apps, its not just directed at Angry Birds. (it even happens with stock apps, like Memo or messaging)

So, last night I flashed back to Continuum and not one fc... but, I'm missing some of the goodies from the other roms. EDT tweaks for one!!!

Anyway, I guess my question is what's the diff between Continuum and the other roms, as far as this specific problem?

Thanks
22nd July 2011, 03:03 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,068

5,347 posts
Donate to Me
More
seems like an issue with data restore in tibu...idk why it worked for continuum but...try and delete all the backups and run a fresh batch backup now that they are running. then flash another rom and see if that still happens.
Last edited by studacris; 22nd July 2011 at 03:07 PM.
22nd July 2011, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by studacris

seems like an issue with data restore in tibu...idk why it worked for continuum but...try and delete all the backups and run a fresh batch backup now that they are running. then flash another rom and see if that still happens.

Will give this a shot!!! Thank you!
22nd July 2011, 04:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FridayJ

Will give this a shot!!! Thank you!

Damn! Didn't work... but, I perhaps made a mistake by wiping data/factory reset along with the cache's....

I just don't understand, because really, it's not rocket science and yet I don't see other people with the issue!
22nd July 2011, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,351

5,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Check for tibu updates, and go into preferences and force tibu to use system busybox instead of its own (option is at bottom of pref menu). I would also check for updates to superuser.
23rd July 2011, 12:43 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

40 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhaley30705

Check for tibu updates, and go into preferences and force tibu to use system busybox instead of its own (option is at bottom of pref menu). I would also check for updates to superuser.

Giving this a shot as well, thanks!
23rd July 2011, 12:55 AM   |  #7  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 29

59 posts
More
I had a similar problem as well. I tried the Dlev and Obsession ROMs but got FC's on some apps on both using the same method as you described. I tried one more time with Obsession but also installed the Symply GSII theme before restoring apps and everything worked fine. I'm not sure why that would have made a difference but my phone has been working great for a couple weeks now.
23rd July 2011, 03:32 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

40 posts
Well, I'm not sure what worked and what didn't... I tried the busybox change but still had fc's when I installed dlev's rom. So, I tried Apex again, and so far, no fc's. I just don't get it...

Thanks for everyone's input!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread