Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[HowTo] Add more Calendars to Windows Live/Windows Phone 7 Mango

22nd July 2011, 05:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 83

135 posts
Donate to Me
More

Did you know you can sync calendars like Academic, Art & Design, Book, Business, Comedy, Games, History, Holiday, Local Events, Miscellaneous, Movie, Music, News, Political, Radio, Religion, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Science, Sports, Sports: AFL, Auto, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cycling, Football, Golf, Hockey, Motorcycle, Rugby, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Winter Sports, Technology, Television ect. ? If you didn't know, look how to do it:

First you need to search for calendars.

- You can use google and search for calendar .ics or search on this site.
- To obtain the link for your calendar click
- It will appear the window below. There is your link you need!!! COPY IT

Now you need to open and login to Windows Live

- Go to Calendar
- Go to Subscribe
- Select "Subscribe to a public calendar"
- On Calendar URL field enter the URL you found above
- On Calendar name field write the name you want your calendar to have
- Click to "Subscribe to calendar" and "done"

And the last step:

- Go to the phone
- Settings/email&accounts/Windows Live
- Long tap on Windows Live, till appears "sync"
- Press sync
- ENJOY

You need Mango Update for this to work

If there is another thread , I'm sorry, I have searched before and I didn't find it
Last edited by nichitandrei; 24th July 2011 at 09:16 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nichitandrei For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2011, 09:01 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

135 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here are a very few links for calendars (the links you need to add in windows live). A lot more you can find on the site mentioned in the link from the first post. If you find an interesting calendar please feel free and share it with us
Calendar Crestin Ortodox 2011 - webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/h5nh61a9svhugdbpsuevb0u8mo%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics
US Holidays (iCalShare) - webcal://icalx.com/public/icalshare/US%20Holidays.ics
UK Holidays - webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/UK32Holidays.ics
Lesser Known Holidays - webcal://icalshare.s3.amazonaws.com/production/webcal/allical.ics.vcs
US Holidays - webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/US32Holidays.ics
South Korean Holidays - webcal://ical.mac.com/ical/South32Korean32Holidays.ics
Eclipse Calendar - webcal://www.andrade.org/eclipse/ical.php
Astronomy events - webcal://icalx.com/public/wesleyrhall/Astronomy.ics
European Weeknumbers - webcal://www.dreier.no/ical/weeknumbers.ics
Canadian Holidays (updated) - webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/f72sbvvkblj0jdkpfsmqmvvap0%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics
Catholic Liturgical Calendar - webcal://www.newsfromgod.com/ologgio/liturgical.ics
Earth Seasons - webcal://www.herskal.com/calendars/EarthSeasons.ics
Greek Orthodox Christian Calendar - webcal://ical.mac.com/mystery_girl/Orthodox%20Calander.ics
Michigan Football - webcal://ical.mac.com/paulsar/Michigan_Football.ics
Swedish name-days (svenska namnsdagar) - webcal://ical.mac.com/petrah/Namnsdagar.ics
Arsenal FC - webcal://icalx.com/public/piri/Arsenal32FC.ics
FR-Week Numbers - webcal://ical.mac.com/tck/Semainier-Fr.ics
Liverpool FC - webcal://www.me.com/ca/sharesubscribe/1.271963280/M2CD-1-AEB5FDDB-FDFA-46A8-A3BE-E1D6F8AAC11F.ics
Deutsche Feiertage / German Holidays - webcal://www.aslashv.dreamhost.com/davpublic/feste%20Feiertage.ics
Svenska helgdagar - webcal://ical.mac.com/claeson/Svenska%20helgdagar.ics
Astrology - Mercury Retrograde - webcal://ical.mac.com/f_chan/Mercury%20Retrograde.ics
Anime/Game character Birthdays - webcal://ical.mac.com/fredduck/Anime47Game32Birthdays.ics
Norske helligdager - webcal://ical.mac.com/bjorkheim/Norske%20helligdager.ics
Jours Fériés en France - webcal://www.me.com/ca/sharesubscribe/1.13017875/M2CD-7-1-com.apple.syncservices-390E0F61-68D6-4F6C-938D-0D965D673CE3.ics
Tutti i santi italiani (in progress) - webcal://www.clooka.it/DAVdocs/Santi.ics
TV calendar that keeps track of popular US shows - webcal://www.tv-kalendern.se/calendar.ics
Svenskt katolskt kalendarium (lightversion) - webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/teih44cou26jpbs6mamui9gde4%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics
Öppettider Lilla Thérèse bokhandel - webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/624jsioeq5kshl18uacsv17b4s%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics
Muslim Prayer Times for Buford, GA - webcal://praytimes-ics.appspot.com/Buford%2C%20GA.ics?x=34.092&y=-83.964&z=-240&s=2&j=0
Slovenský Katolícky kalendár s menami - webcal://cid-4ef7a832e1ce93ed.calendar.live.com/calendar/Katol%c3%adcky+kalend%c3%a1r++s+menami/calendar.ics
Calvary Missionary Baptist Church - webcal://www.localendar.com/public/cmbchurch?style=X2
Православный церковный календарь (Russian Orthodox Church Calendar) - webcal://www.google.com/calendar/ical/818c6ooal2i3qq79vifpbon66g%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics
Verse of the Day - webcal://icalx.com/public/MelanieJongsma/Verse-of-the-Day.ics
Last edited by nichitandrei; 22nd July 2011 at 09:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nichitandrei For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2011, 09:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Exactly what I was looking for thanks.

Sent from my HD7 running Mango using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
24th July 2011, 05:10 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dubai

135 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhole

Exactly what I was looking for thanks.

Sent from my HD7 running Mango using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

You're welcome man, I'm glad I could be helpful for you
7th September 2011, 11:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
great tutorial
tks!
a very good and useful tutorial!
7th September 2011, 11:25 AM   |  #6  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2

124 posts
More
Holy **** this is incredible! I finally have all my Facebook contact birthdays, FC Chelsea match fixtures and Indian Holiday dates on my phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread