Dan, thanks for starting the thread! Responsive Devs always get Donations
So, I was blown away to find InvisiBright. I've been using the Curvefish widget (just like, oh, everybody) and a year ago I thought it was hands-down the best. Not any more.
I was searching for something that might be integrated into the Notification Bar. Basically, just pull down the Notification Bar and there's the exact same things from the Curvefish widget; preset levels, toggle for AutoBrightness, and/or a slider.
Your app is a lot better than that. I stumbled across it from your DroidForums post
Long Press Search
should be a much more common feature, for tons of apps. Especially since it's just an option, easily changed, and SOO easy to code!
Good idea including it, and a pretty good Pro upgrade. Lite still works great, Pro is just a bit better.
Here are my suggestions, may or may not be good ideas, or even possible;
- Semi-transparent (with user adjustable alpha) overlay on the (right) slider side, when changing the brightness level; then you can tell which part of the screen is Adjust, and which is Confirm
- Sliding level indicator, (e.g. 3-px yellow line?) to go along with the Toast of percentage (user selected option, just like the "Show percentage" option)
- Preset levels, preferably user-set; possibly snap the slider to the presets. Or maybe Far Right = Slider, Middle = Preset buttons, left = confirm
- Shorter Toast duration after left-touching to set the level
- Confirmation that the level has been set (but this might be addressed by the disappearing of the semi-transparent slider)
- Vertical/horizontal slider option
- Toggle for Auto Brightness EDIT: maybe "- Quick toggle back to auto-brightness with menu key" addresses this already... I haven't tried that Pro feature yet...
Common nerd favorites:
- Donate, rather than Pro version, and/or
- "XDA version"; Paid in the Market, Free here for supporters
- Developer forum [x]!
- Open Source [_] (but we can't always have everything)
Make one of the changes, and I'll buy the Pro to show support, and encourage you to do the rest!
(All my info is in my sig)
By the way, you are in close competition with Brightness Rocker
. It's a pretty clever alternate-use of the otherwise single purpose Vol Up/Down buttons. But you responded faster than Nikhil, and went to XDA, even! And you don't have the conflict with actually changing the Volume in order to adjust brightness. Maybe you could figure out how to intercept the Vol Up/Down keys as a different trigger, since some of us have Long Press Search mapped to Camera, Screenshot, QR Scan, etc.
An iPhone is not my Desire
--------HTC Desire--A8181 HT06x AMOLED--------
AlphaRev 1.8 S-OFF HBOOT 0.93.1000 Bravo CM7
----ClockworkMod 220.127.116.11 CyanogenMod 6.1.1----
-----gapps-hdpi-20101114 ADW Launcher EX-----