[24/07/11] Coldflids ROM JVQ v1 [ROM][2.3.4] Fast | Stable | Addon packages

Search This thread

coldflid

Dec 27, 2010
Here's my new rom :)

It's aim is no other than being a great rom out of the box, that you can fully customize to your likings using the addons provided in the second post. I'm going to be out for a month, but i'll mod the rom and create an app so that you can choose what to install and what you don't want to get installed with the app.
I've removed all Samsung things (or most, maybe i've missed one or two), but they are available in the Samsung APPS Addon. Addons are explained in the second post in more detail.
I've decided there's no poing in including all sgs ii things by default, since this not only can lead to freezes or problems, but you may not want all of it, therefore just install the addons you want.
Please do make suggestions, give a rating if you can and/or give feedback, thanks.

Here is a list of characteristics:

Adfree
mms no auto convert, no contact limit, sent time
3d blur fix
Appwidgetpicker
SIP
SGS II Digital clock widget + email app + email widget
Root
Samsung stuff removed
Init.d support
Busybox
Bootanimation support
Overscroll glow
Browser should work fine, it may fc first time. its lagfree one from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1170365
Huge apn list (thanks cyanogenmod)
Multi-csc
Aosp clock and calculator
SGS II keyboard + aosp keyboard
SGS II memo
AOSP launcher (future version will be modded and much more optimized)
Extended power menu
Aosp lockscreen
Sms mod no auto conversion, 100 persons contact limit, sent time instead of received
Deodex
Zipaligned
OVerscroll glow
Battery %
Sip
Cf root for JVQ
Sdcard read/write speed increased
Juwes ram tweak
Droid 3 + sgs ii wallpapers available at sdcard/wallpapers (droid 3 + sgs ii)
Droid 3 theme (doesn't include icons for now)
Nexus S live wallpapers + microbes
Htc sense live wallpaper
And most important of all: it isn't full of a lot of crap that will make the rom get much slower than it should as time passes by

Many more things

How to install

Requirements:
Gb bootloaders
CWM

Instructions
Copy rom zip to sdcard
Enter cwm and install it. It'll reboot automatically when installation finishes
Let the phone speed up, it may take a few minutes. I recommend a reboot to make sure

Changelog will go here

v1 - initial release

Downloads go here

Wipe: http://www.multiupload.com/MJC2LLP4GO

Remember that if you like my work you can to support, or to contribute to my fund for my next phone ( maybe ts the sgs iii or nexus 3 or another, it'll be the first i can afford)

Screenshots go here

512b7fea-5b13-aec2.jpg
512b7fea-5b20-9f69.jpg
512b7fea-5b91-ad5b.jpg
512b7fea-5bda-7ff4.jpg
512b7fea-5be6-4540.jpg

Thanks to

montymintypie - mms no auto convert, no contact limit, sent time
Chainfire - kernel
Juwe - ram tweak
raksan - 3d blur fix
dhiru1602 - overscroll glow
devs of cm - bat %
sphinx02 - base of theme (didn't have much time)
IIDeViiNII - uploading droid 3 dump (for theme and wallpapers)
C0nvict - for htc live wallpaper
To sphinx02 for browser

If i've missed you please let me know

Last edited:

coldflid

Dec 27, 2010
ADDONS

Rar with many addons:

http://www.multiupload.com/3BTM40KY12

Addons included:

Polaris office
Thinkfree
Samsung clock addon (stock samsung clock instead of aosp one)
SGS II samsung im
SGS II weatherclock widget
Touchwiz 4
Readers hub

Just extract the rar and install through cwm the ones you want (if you install all you'll probably run out of space, so just install the ones you need)

Samsung apps

http://www.multiupload.com/W30JDU3LTF

Open the zip file and delete the ones you don't want installed. copy it to your phone and install it through cwm.

F.A.Q Will go here

other questions you might ask

Is performance better or the same as in JVQ?

Multitasking is much more fluid now, ram management should be better and it should be faster due to deleting all samsung apps and unneccesary apps

How stable is it?

As stable as samsung's rom, you shouldn't experience any FC's that you wouldn't get on stock jvq

What do you get in benchmarks?

55-56fps on neocore
Quadrant 1900 first run, second 2200 with lagfix enabled. This is without media.stagefright true

Do you recommend me to enable lagfix?

Yes

Last edited:

chishty1

Dec 1, 2010
Hope this one doesnt have freeze bug! I like your effort Coldflid, good to see you back in the game :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

coldflid

Dec 27, 2010
Hope this one doesnt have freeze bug! I like your effort Coldflid, good to see you back in the game :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

It doesn't have the freeze bug, this rom is completely different from the old one, totally different aim. Hope you like it

any screen shots? thanks

Edit: Downloading now :p

I've just made them, will attach now...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

bududroid

Nov 4, 2010
Tangerang
Coldflids ROM ? I think you used one of the suggest name on your post in the general section :p
Succes with ur new rom :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

alexhull24

Dec 14, 2010
Looks promising and the features seem to make a lot of sense for a simple and usable daily ROM. I'll try it out soon.

What colour is the overscroll glow?

Thanks for uploading the screenshots. Whenever I see blue status bar icons it makes me uneasy as I think I read that the blue colour on the AMOLED is the fastest to degrade, and secondly that static icons can suffer burn-in, so blue would be a bad colour to choose. I actually prefer the android/gingerbread green themes and icons because they not only look nicer, but because of the pentile screen matrix in the SGS, they seem to be clearer and with better contrast.

What I'd really like to see is a JVQ based ROM that is as close to stock Android 2.3.4 as possible, and this is pretty good. That way we get Samsung optimisation under the hood (where the true AOSP ROMs fall down), but a clean finish. Adding apps and changing kernel is generally quite easy after that. If it's deodexed, should be trivial.

Thanks again for your work. I'm currently on totally stock JVQ (despite the sig) and liking it.

coldflid

Dec 27, 2010
Looks promising and the features seem to make a lot of sense for a simple and usable daily ROM. I'll try it out soon.

What colour is the overscroll glow?

Thanks for uploading the screenshots. Whenever I see blue status bar icons it makes me uneasy as I think I read that the blue colour on the AMOLED is the fastest to degrade, and secondly that static icons can suffer burn-in, so blue would be a bad colour to choose. I actually prefer the android/gingerbread green themes and icons because they not only look nicer, but because of the pentile screen matrix in the SGS, they seem to be clearer and with better contrast.

What I'd really like to see is a JVQ based ROM that is as close to stock Android 2.3.4 as possible, and this is pretty good. That way we get Samsung optimisation under the hood (where the true AOSP ROMs fall down), but a clean finish. Adding apps and changing kernel is generally quite easy after that. If it's deodexed, should be trivial.

Thanks again for your work. I'm currently on totally stock JVQ (despite the sig) and liking it.

Blue status bar icons are when connected to google servers. I'll upload a fix in case you want to change the status bar icons to green. Thanks

Reactions: somberi

demonstone

Mar 11, 2011
Elche
What have you done? Looool, you just couldn't resist without developing, right?

Congratulations then and good luck!!!

Sent from nobody knows where...

coldflid

Dec 27, 2010
Has anyone tried the nexus s status bar i posted earlier? It's cuz i had to apply it twice in order to get it working :S

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my new rom :)

It's aim is no other than being a great rom out of the box, that you can fully customize to your likings using the addons provided in the second post. I'm going to be out for a month, but i'll mod the rom and create an app so that you can choose what to install and what you don't want to get installed with the app.
    I've removed all Samsung things (or most, maybe i've missed one or two), but they are available in the Samsung APPS Addon. Addons are explained in the second post in more detail.
    I've decided there's no poing in including all sgs ii things by default, since this not only can lead to freezes or problems, but you may not want all of it, therefore just install the addons you want.
    Please do make suggestions, give a rating if you can and/or give feedback, thanks.

Here is a list of characteristics:

Adfree
    mms no auto convert, no contact limit, sent time
    3d blur fix
    Appwidgetpicker
    SIP
    SGS II Digital clock widget + email app + email widget
    Root
    Samsung stuff removed
    Init.d support
    Busybox
    Bootanimation support
    Overscroll glow
    Browser should work fine, it may fc first time. its lagfree one from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1170365
    Huge apn list (thanks cyanogenmod)
    Multi-csc
    Aosp clock and calculator
    SGS II keyboard + aosp keyboard
    SGS II memo
    AOSP launcher (future version will be modded and much more optimized)
    Extended power menu
    Aosp lockscreen
    Sms mod no auto conversion, 100 persons contact limit, sent time instead of received
    Deodex
    Zipaligned
    OVerscroll glow
    Battery %
    Sip
    Cf root for JVQ
    Sdcard read/write speed increased
    Juwes ram tweak
    Droid 3 + sgs ii wallpapers available at sdcard/wallpapers (droid 3 + sgs ii)
    Droid 3 theme (doesn't include icons for now)
    Nexus S live wallpapers + microbes
    Htc sense live wallpaper
    And most important of all: it isn't full of a lot of crap that will make the rom get much slower than it should as time passes by

Many more things

How to install

Requirements:
    Gb bootloaders
    CWM

Instructions
    Copy rom zip to sdcard
    Enter cwm and install it. It'll reboot automatically when installation finishes
    Let the phone speed up, it may take a few minutes. I recommend a reboot to make sure

Changelog will go here

v1 - initial release

Downloads go here

Wipe: http://www.multiupload.com/MJC2LLP4GO

Remember that if you like my work you can to support, or to contribute to my fund for my next phone ( maybe ts the sgs iii or nexus 3 or another, it'll be the first i can afford)

Screenshots go here

512b7fea-5b13-aec2.jpg
    512b7fea-5b20-9f69.jpg
    512b7fea-5b91-ad5b.jpg
    512b7fea-5bda-7ff4.jpg
    512b7fea-5be6-4540.jpg

Thanks to

montymintypie - mms no auto convert, no contact limit, sent time
    Chainfire - kernel
    Juwe - ram tweak
    raksan - 3d blur fix
    dhiru1602 - overscroll glow
    devs of cm - bat %
    sphinx02 - base of theme (didn't have much time)
    IIDeViiNII - uploading droid 3 dump (for theme and wallpapers)
    C0nvict - for htc live wallpaper
    To sphinx02 for browser

If i've missed you please let me know
    ADDONS

Rar with many addons:

http://www.multiupload.com/3BTM40KY12

Addons included:

Polaris office
    Thinkfree
    Samsung clock addon (stock samsung clock instead of aosp one)
    SGS II samsung im
    SGS II weatherclock widget
    Touchwiz 4
    Readers hub

Just extract the rar and install through cwm the ones you want (if you install all you'll probably run out of space, so just install the ones you need)

Samsung apps

http://www.multiupload.com/W30JDU3LTF

Open the zip file and delete the ones you don't want installed. copy it to your phone and install it through cwm.

F.A.Q Will go here

other questions you might ask

Is performance better or the same as in JVQ?

Multitasking is much more fluid now, ram management should be better and it should be faster due to deleting all samsung apps and unneccesary apps

How stable is it?

As stable as samsung's rom, you shouldn't experience any FC's that you wouldn't get on stock jvq

What do you get in benchmarks?

55-56fps on neocore
    Quadrant 1900 first run, second 2200 with lagfix enabled. This is without media.stagefright true

Do you recommend me to enable lagfix?

Yes
    Originally Posted by eggshaped
    I'm having a problem where any apps I install from my sd card through My Backup Pro (tried with and without data) aren't showing up in the app drawer. I tried a few times to install them, they did show up once but disappeared again after a reboot.

In the Task Manager they are there but the icon is different (as if it's not recognised) and I have no way to access them. I can install apps from the market without any problems.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.​

Does this only happen while using my rom?
    I'll take a look at this problem and try to find a solution
    Thanks​

Yes, only on your rom I'm afraid. Sorry. When I restore my apps they are there, but after I reboot the phone they are gone. Very strange. Hope you can shed some light on this as I really like this rom but had to go back to F1 so I can use my apps.

I tried wiping cache/dalvic cache and fix permissions but still the same.

Many thanks.

Try enabling lagfix

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk
    When u will give us update coldflid, just curious:p Best regards

As soon as internet allows me too

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk