G2x Data Connection Only Works While Tethering!??
1) Bill (TMobile) is past due. for about 3 weeks ive been using wifi only in my house to stay connected, working just fine.
2) for about 3 months, ive been USB tethering to my desktop since it doesnt have a wireless card. now it takes my home wifi signal to the phone, thru usb, to the computer. all drivers are full up-to-date.
3) two nights ago i installed the new 2.3 Gingerbread update from LG's site, went without a hitch.
4) ever since then, my data has been freezing at downloads, browser instantly jumps to page not available, "Data Error, Retry" popup, only when im NOT tethering though. normally id blame the update, but there are plentyyyy of people without this problem.
5) yes, you heard right. when my phone is plugged in usb, it wont connect, but when i enable usb tether, the data to the phone works. its almost as if its my COMPUTER giving signal to the PHONE. this is ridiculous. when i unplug, the data continues to work for about 1 minute, then nothing.
im completely stock 2.3 with not a single new app downloaded. so i factory reset and wiped everything, loaded back in as if it was out-of-the-box, same results.
ive tried switching my WiFi off policy to never go to data (shouldnt matter, i did this for weeks without changing that, so i set it back to the standard option) i also know in 2.3 if your screen goes off it switches to data, so i set my screen to stay awake while plugged in.
needless to say... HELP.