Custom Tablet Sleeve - Under $5
So I'm a cheap guy and decided to make my own tablet sleeve. I forgot to take photos while I was making it but here are some photos of the aftermath.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Get 2: Craft Foam Sheets, about 1/8in thick (8.5in x 11in)
2 Fabric Squares, Walmart has $1 fabric squares that are just the right size
1. Cut both the craft foam sheets to the size of your tablet (the glass side)
1.1 Iron the fabric if you want
2. Fold the fabric in half nice sides together
3. The foam is going to be placed on the folded fabric
Place the long side of the foam next to the crease in the fabric
At this point, use the ruler to trace around the 3 sides of the foam at a distance of about 1/2 inch. So that you have an outline of the foam that is larger on 3 sides by 1/2 inch.
4. Do the same to the other fabric
5. Keep the fabric folded and cut out the outline (when done you should have a piece of fabric that is like 2 tablets next to each other.
6. Do this to the other piece of fabric
7. Now fold one of the fabric pieces in half so that the not nice side is together
8. Put one of the foam pieces in-between the fabric and in the middle
9. Do this to the other one too
10. Sew REALLY close to the foam but not on the foam for both pieces
11. Sew both parts together on the three sides with the extra fabric about 1/8in away from the foam
12. Cut any excess fabric off
13. fold inside-out
14. If you understood my really awful directions you should have a decent tablet sleeve!
Here's some pics