Tip us?

Kylemail2003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
damn this looks sexy as fuark

c19932
Old
Thanks Meter 103
So I did this today. And the result wasn't good, which makes me sad. First of all I used oven cleaner, and the chrome frame wasn't very mirror like. Also, when I glue the pieces back together, I put too much glue and it leaked through in between the gap. I was stupid and tried to wipe it off but it madew it worst and spread it instead. So now there's a splash of glue on the cover. Which makes it very ugly. I'm so sad about this took me 3 or 4 hour of work

zukа
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Buy a cheap cover off ebay, do it again or keep it stock.

big_sw2000
Old
Thanks Meter 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by c19932 View Post
So I did this today. And the result wasn't good, which makes me sad. First of all I used oven cleaner, and the chrome frame wasn't very mirror like. Also, when I glue the pieces back together, I put too much glue and it leaked through in between the gap. I was stupid and tried to wipe it off but it madew it worst and spread it instead. So now there's a splash of glue on the cover. Which makes it very ugly. I'm so sad about this took me 3 or 4 hour of work
Well the dull finish is easy to sort out. Just go buy some metal polish. You will need pleanty of rag, as you polish it the rag will go black. You may need gloves on.
If that dont work, sand it with 2000 grade sand paper, from a car shop, Halfords for exampe.
You may be able to remove the glue, with sticky suff remover, or Methylated spirits. Try on a small area 1st, may melt the plastic.
Steve

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_sw2000 View Post
Well the dull finish is easy to sort out. Just go buy some metal polish. You will need pleanty of rag, as you polish it the rag will go black. You may need gloves on.
If that dont work, sand it with 2000 grade sand paper, from a car shop, Halfords for exampe.
You may be able to remove the glue, with sticky suff remover, or Methylated spirits. Try on a small area 1st, may melt the plastic.
Steve
Most diy shops sell, superglue remover. Again test 1st

Steve

c19932
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_sw2000 View Post
Steve

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Most diy shops sell, superglue remover. Again test 1st

Steve

thank you for your help.

I have no idea how people can just polish their case for 10 min. I did mine for at least 30 min and the black stuffs just never stopped coming off. It's like inifinite so I gave up.. so that's why my case isn't mirror-like

matt95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thank you for your help.

I have no idea how people can just polish their case for 10 min. I did mine for at least 30 min and the black stuffs just never stopped coming off. It's like inifinite so I gave up.. so that's why my case isn't mirror-like
don't give up man the final product is awesome

Donate and support my studies at the MIT University! Unruu HTC RUUs | Setup Android Development Environment on Ubuntu | Decrypt HTC RUUs

shawayne21
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Ill pay for someone to do this to my sensation 4g back cover!

Anyone?
Current Device: AT&T HTC One X
ROM: CleanROM JL Beta 1
Kernel: Stock

matt95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawayne21 View Post
Ill pay for someone to do this to my sensation 4g back cover!

Anyone?
i live in italy so if you can send it to me i'll do it but i guess i'm a bit farther XD

Donate and support my studies at the MIT University! Unruu HTC RUUs | Setup Android Development Environment on Ubuntu | Decrypt HTC RUUs

c19932
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt95 View Post
don't give up man the final product is awesome
haha. So i just spent more time polishing the middle part again (where the HTC sign is). After more than an hour, it finally looked more mirror-like, but i could still get a LOT of black stuffs out if I keep polishing. It does look pretty awesome after more polishing.

For the bezel, I don't think I should polish any more (even though they are not shiny at all) because I already glued the 2 pieces back onto the frame, and it would be a mess to polish the frame with the 2 pieces there.

matt95
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2292

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
haha. So i just spent more time polishing the middle part again (where the HTC sign is). After more than an hour, it finally looked more mirror-like, but i could still get a LOT of black stuffs out if I keep polishing. It does look pretty awesome after more polishing.

For the bezel, I don't think I should polish any more (even though they are not shiny at all) because I already glued the 2 pieces back onto the frame, and it would be a mess to polish the frame with the 2 pieces there.
it took me a day! so i have polished so much that also the black htc logo had become chromed