Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ASUS Transformer Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal (Windows) | 2011-09-22

Tip us?

brk
Old
(Last edited by brk; 3rd June 2012 at 12:35 AM.) Reason: Updated version
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288

DONATE TO ME
Default ASUS Transformer Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal (Windows) | 2011-09-22

New tool for rooting all eee Pad versions. Get it here: Asus Transformer Root ToolKit V8.0

Quote:
Universal root toolkit v7.1

Hi all. Universal root toolkit v7.1 is now available. This is a upgraded version of my old v6 script. It is now universal and it creates the modified boot image and the CWM Recovery image with your own stock images. This is like the Universal script from Rebound821 but ported to Windows and with a GUI (graphic user interface) and some more tools. After several beta versions, at last the v7.1 final version is available.
XDA video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ja1IL_kg7vo

Quote:
This method still doesn't work for B70 revision Pads
Note: some users have reported that with this script they have successfully root their pad. It seems that some B70 rev. pads don't have the new bootloader

What you can do with this tool:
- Root your pad in a simple way
- Backup boot, stock (and system)
- Restore backup
- Flash custom rom (in NVflash flavor)

Screen shots:

What you need:
- Asus Transformer Eee Pad with Asus USB cable
- Asus sync and drivers installed in windows
- Know how to get to APX mode
- Know how to turn USB Development on (in android)
- Install built-in nvidia drivers
- Read the instructions
- Know what you are doing.
- dot.net framework 4.0 (download from microsoft)

NOTE: I still need your help to get this program better. I tested the program myself with my pad and it worked fine., but if it doesn't work for you don't just say it doesn't work! Please make a print screen of the error, and send it to me, with a description of what happened and pad version. Only this way I can check if there are still errors in the program.
Thanks.

After installing CWM with this tool, please go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1213723 and update CWM recovery to last version available.

Download: Brk's Asus Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal
Mirror: Brk's Asus Root ToolKit V7.1 Universal

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk.
Quote:
Old V6 down bellow
Quote:
Hi all,
This started has a front-end for the "Pure Root" method original from Mashi, and has grown to something more than that. I've to say thanks for all the other members that have help me with this, because this has become a community script, I'm only one part of the gear that "makes the world turn". Thanks to you all.

Why "unsecure"? Because this method changes a security flag in the boot image that allows to push superuser binary, superuser.apk and busybox through ADB. I call it "unsecure" instead of "insecure" because this method doesn't turn you pad to a insecure pad, only opens a window to make superuser available.

For history purposes:
I've created a batch script, using mashi "Pure Root" original scripts and implemented some others, that makes rooting transformer more user friendly.
I added some other functionalities, like backing up current (or stock) boot and recovery, and also scripts for install busybox, install stock boot or(unroot) and stock recovery (you need this for install OTA updates).
Original 8.4.4.11 Root Boot images are mashi work, so thank him for is work. Thanks Gee One for HC3.2 US unsecure boot.img and for the explaining on how to unsecure images. Thanks rebound821 for your great script that makes it very simple. Thanks Rayman for the BlobTools and the BootTools.

Disclaimer:
As is usual, use this at your own risk. You can open the script to see what it does (there are no tricks here). If you find a bug please report it.

If your pc OS is Linux you can root with this script: Universal root for stock firmware. It makes everything very very very simple

Please read FAQ before trying to root your pad. Please read the menu from top to bottom before trying to do anything. This script has worked for many people, if it doesn't work for you it's because you have made an error in the process. Read FAQ again and start from beginning.
Unzip the file and double click "Brk.RootKit.bat" file and follow the menus.
Read About/FAQ option in menu for instructions.

Notice that you still have to install APX driver (driver folder included) and ADB need to be able to communicate with your pad.

To install APX driver:
1- turn off your pad
2- Connect pad to computer (windows)
3- Press Volume UP + Power Button at same time
4- Windows should pop a sound like it found a new hardware
4.1. Pad screen will stay off/black
4.2. Find the icon of "searching for driver" in windows
4.3. Click in the option to make windows stop looking for driver.
5. In control panel open system>Hardware devices
5.1. Find a yellow icon with exclamation mark saying APX
5.2. right mouse click and choose Update driver
5.3. in wizard select to find yourself the driver
5.4. Point driver update to usbpcdriver in rootkit folder
5.5. let windows intall apx driver
6. Continue with batch script
OLD version
For HC3.1 and HC3.2 beta
Quote:
V5 beta 6 update:
For people having rooted 8.4.4.11, it's easy to flash Roach's 8.6.5.6 US or 8.6.5.6 WW CWM zip update (I recommend this!).

If you have a rooted 8.4.4.11 with CWM Recovery pad and you insist on using this method to update your pad, to make OTA update install you only have to restore stock Recovery, you don't have to restore stock boot. After that you can install OTA upgrade and then you can root again with this method

OLD V5 beta 6 download:
download link: v5 beta 6 here
mirror:v5 beta 6 here multiupload mirror

OLD versions V6 for HC3.2 only

if you have other version (HC3.1), please update to HC3.2 first
Quote:
If your pad is WW (8.6.5.7) v6.2.1
Download Brk.RootKit_WW v6.2.1
Quote:
If your pad is WW (8.6.5.9) v6.3
Download Brk.RootKit_WW v6.3
Quote:
If your pad is US (8.6.5.6) v6.1
Download Brk.RootKit_US v6.1
Quote:
If your pad is US (8.6.5.9) v6.3.1
Download Brk.RootKit_US v6.3.1
Quote:
If your pad is TW (8.6.5.6) v6.1
Download Brk.RootKit_TW v6.1
Quote:
If your pad is TB (8.6.5.7) v6.2
Download Brk.RootKit_TB v6.2
Quote:
If your pad is TB (8.6.5.9) v6.3
Download Brk.RootKit_TB v6.3
Quote:
If your pad is DE (8.6.5.9) v6.3
Download Brk.RootKit_DE v6.3
Quote:
How to root - Mini-fast-guide
1. Put your pad in APX mode and select option 1 to backup your current boot.img and recovery.img (recommended)
2. Turn your pad off and reboot to APX again
3. With your pad in APX mode, select option 4 to install the unsecure boot.img and recovery (optional)
4. reboot your pad to android OS
5. Go to settings>applications>development and check USB debugging
6. Check is ADB is working with option 7
7. Select option 5 to install superuser binary and superuser.apk
8. Select option 6 to install busybox
9. reboot
10. Done. In android apps you should see an app called superuser. Try a program that needs root (like titanium backup) and check if it asks to get root access

PrintScreen:
The Following 131 Users Say Thank You to brk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Coroner
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you for the script, it works with my ww Version.

But i have problems with de recovery. I can not boot into recovery. I have always a normal rebbot when i try to boot in recovery.
I have flash back to Stock Recovery. When i try to boot into recovery, it shows a green Android with a yellow exclamation mark in the middle.

What can i do?
The Following User Says Thank You to Coroner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turbulent28
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Does this address the "issue" of people not being able to install clockwork? Also, is the us image included here already? (i know it wasnt when you posted it in the pure root thread)

I was close to attempting to root my TF (latest update 4.11) but read a lot of people having issues not being able to install clockwork

Thanks

brk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coroner View Post
Thank you for the script, it works with my ww Version.

But i have problems with de recovery. I can not boot into recovery. I have always a normal rebbot when i try to boot in recovery.
I have flash back to Stock Recovery. When i try to boot into recovery, it shows a green Android with a yellow exclamation mark in the middle.

What can i do?
My script try to install ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3 Recovery, several people said it was success.
If it doesn't work for you, please replace recovery.img from /images/recovery/ with this one: recovery.img
Please tell me if it works this way.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulent28 View Post
Does this address the "issue" of people not being able to install clockwork? Also, is the us image included here already? (i know it wasnt when you posted it in the pure root thread)

I was close to attempting to root my TF (latest update 4.11) but read a lot of people having issues not being able to install clockwork

Thanks
There was a bug in the script that was not flashing CWM. I think now is ok.
If it still doesn't work, please try the recovery.img from my last post.
Please give feedback. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to brk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turbulent28
Old
Thanks Meter 5
thank you

ill try this when i get back home ( at work now )

mikewong27
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Smile Unroot with script??

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
Hi all,
I've created a batch script, using mashi "Pure Root" original scripts and implemented some others, that makes rooting transformer more user friendly.
I added some other functionalities, like backing up current (or stock) boot and recovery, and also scripts for install busybox, install stock boot or(unroot) and stock recovery (you need this for install OTA updates).
Root Boot images are mashi work, so thank him for is work.

As is usual, use this at your own risk. You can open the script to see what it does (there are no tricks here). If you find a bug please report it.

Please pay attention to what version is your pad. If you flash a US boot on a WW pad, you will brick the pad.

Unzip the file and double click "Pure.Root.3.1.bat" file and follow the menus.
Read About/FAQ option in menu for instructions.

Notice that you still have to install APX driver (driver folder included) and ADB need to be able to communicate with your pad.

To install APX driver:
1- turn off your pad
2- Connect pad to computer (windows)
3- Press Volume UP + Power Button at same time
4- Windows should pop a sound like it found a new hardware
4.1. Pad screen will stay off/black
4.2. Find the icon of "searching for driver" in windows
4.3. Click in the option to make windows stop looking for driver.
5. In control panel open system>Hardware devices
5.1. Find a yellow icon with exclamation mark saying APX
5.2. right mouse click and choose Update driver
5.3. in wizard select to find yourself the driver
5.4. Point driver update to usbpcdriver in tf_rootkit folder
5.5. let windows intall apx driver
6. Continue with batch script

Updated version available V3:
Changelog:
- fix paths for nvflash
- fix command for busybox install
- fix CMW install bug
- fix path for backup files.

Download link: here

PrintScreen:
I was wondering if you can modify the same script to unroot? If you can do that, this script will be an "all-in-one" root and unroot script.... Similar to "one click root/unroot" for Samsung Captivate...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikewong27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 288

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewong27 View Post
I was wondering if you can modify the same script to unroot? If you can do that, this script will be an "all-in-one" root and unroot script.... Similar to "one click root/unroot" for Samsung Captivate...
I think it does that, if you flash stock boot and stock recovery, I guess your pad will be unrooted and with stock recovery. You just have to uninstall superuser.apk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Coroner
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
My script try to install ClockworkMod 3.1.0.1-solarnz-R3 Recovery, several people said it was success.
If it doesn't work for you, please replace recovery.img from /images/recovery/ with this one: recovery.img
Please tell me if it works this way.
It works :)

Thank you so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to Coroner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikewong27
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
I think it does that, if you flash stock boot and stock recovery, I guess your pad will be unrooted and with stock recovery. You just have to uninstall superuser.apk
If I flash the stock boot and stock recovery, wouldn't it wipe your data? I am hoping the unroot script will not wipe the data... I think the "one click root/unroot" for Samsung Captivate doesn't wipe my data... It will be great if someone will create a similar script to do the same for Transformer...

The Following User Says Thank You to mikewong27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
backup, pure, rom, root, stock