Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more
Post Reply

[Q] Droid Incredible 2 - Randomly Shuts Off

25th July 2011, 04:29 PM   |  #1  
Bohemus's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 13
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
I recently bought a brand new DINC2, and almost every night while on the charger the phone shuts off on its own. Whats really annoying is that I use this phone for my alarm clock and have been late to work twice already. Dont want to get fired over this phone! Has anyone else had the same problem with this phone? What did you do to fix it?
25th July 2011, 05:31 PM   |  #2  
knipp21's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag FT Riley BIG RED ONE
Thanks Meter: 578
 
3,791 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemus

I recently bought a brand new DINC2, and almost every night while on the charger the phone shuts off on its own. Whats really annoying is that I use this phone for my alarm clock and have been late to work twice already. Dont want to get fired over this phone! Has anyone else had the same problem with this phone? What did you do to fix it?

First I would recommend you buy an alarm clock till its fixed...


Are you rooted? What Rom
Are you stock? What version? Any otas?

Tried a factory reset?


This is all very important info I need to know

sent from my phone
25th July 2011, 05:52 PM   |  #3  
stelv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 233
 
1,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
HTC is suppose to release another OTA bug fix. I saw some info over at Droid-Life. HTC knows the alarm is broken. If you are unrooted most of us had to do a factory reset after the gingerbread ota update.
The Following User Says Thank You to stelv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2011, 06:17 PM   |  #4  
Bohemus's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 13
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Completely stock, on froyo - unrooted. No OTA as of yet. Have not tried a factory reset at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knipp21

First I would recommend you buy an alarm clock till its fixed...


Are you rooted? What Rom
Are you stock? What version? Any otas?

Tried a factory reset?


This is all very important info I need to know

sent from my phone

25th July 2011, 06:28 PM   |  #5  
Bohemus's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 13
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
I took a look at droid life, seems like the OTA is a minor update for server connections. I'm still on Froyo, so will apply the GB update first and factory reset after the update to see if that solves the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelv

HTC is suppose to release another OTA bug fix. I saw some info over at Droid-Life. HTC knows the alarm is broken. If you are unrooted most of us had to do a factory reset after the gingerbread ota update.

25th July 2011, 07:08 PM   |  #6  
stelv's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 233
 
1,278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Just got the update. Didn't fix alarm clock.

sent from my inc2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes