Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bricked your phone/by deleting lg home luncher

Tip us?

BlackRose 22
Old
(Last edited by BlackRose 22; 25th July 2011 at 05:15 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Bricked your phone/by deleting lg home luncher

Well I'm here to help you the same thing happened to me and i found a much user friendly fix
before you do any think READ ALL THE STEPS FIRST.. AND NOTE IM NOT TO BLAME IF YOU MAKE YOUR PHONE WORST/something goes wrong.. FOLLOW THESES STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK
1. Factory reset your phone( If you didn't flash an custom recovery just look up the combo keys for such a task) sorry don't remember at the moment
2. Reboot your phone and it should run the set up wizard like when you first got your phone
3. Go through the steps and make sure you sign in to your Gmail account and have A connection either that would be your 3g or you turn on The wifi when asked
4. When done and you click finish you should be at a black screen and the status bar should be there pull it down to make sure it's working..
5. Android market time send a home launcher to your phone any one.. If that doesn't work for some reason.. This is where gmail comes in play
6. Just get to your near by computer and get an apk of an home LUNCHER file and send it to your gmail.. I would tell you where to find a free one but can't post wired stuff on the site sorry.
7. Your phone should get it and all you do is excess it from the status of bar. It takes you to your gmail app of course and you install it from there.. You MAY run into not having unknown sources checked but it should promt you to check it.. And if you can't get back to gmail the back button/ hold home button should get you back there.. And install and there you go.. You have got your phone back with no kdz or whatever you call it/ others.. If don't want to go through that this should just work fine.. Oh another thing.. (((If your phone Does reboot but you can't unlock it just get someone to call you then end the call and you should be on the home screen with a blank screen then just FOLLOW STEPS 5-7))

KickAss City Mik_CM7 FK V18.BFS

Jameslepable
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRose 22 View Post
Well I'm here to help you the same thing happened to me and i found a much user friendly fix
before you do any think READ ALL THE STEPS FIRST.. AND NOTE IM NOT TO BLAME IF YOU MAKE YOUR PHONE WORST/something goes wrong.. FOLLOW THESES STEPS AT YOUR OWN RISK
1. Factory reset your phone( If you didn't flash an custom recovery just look up the combo keys for such a task) sorry don't remember at the moment
2. Reboot your phone and it should run the set up wizard like when you first got your phone
3. Go through the steps and make sure you sign in to your Gmail account and have A connection either that would be your 3g or you turn on The wifi when asked
4. When done and you click finish you should be at a black screen and the status bar should be there pull it down to make sure it's working..
5. Android market time send a home launcher to your phone any one.. If that doesn't work for some reason.. This is where gmail comes in play
6. Just get to your near by computer and get an apk of an home LUNCHER file and send it to your gmail.. I would tell you where to find a free one but can't post wired stuff on the site sorry.
7. Your phone should get it and all you do is excess it from the status of bar. It takes you to your gmail app of course and you install it from there.. You MAY run into not having unknown sources checked but it should promt you to check it.. And if you can't get back to gmail the back button/ hold home button should get you back there.. And install and there you go.. You have got your phone back with no kdz or whatever you call it/ others.. If don't want to go through that this should just work fine.. Oh another thing.. (((If your phone Does reboot but you can't unlock it just get someone to call you then end the call and you should be on the home screen with a blank screen then just FOLLOW STEPS 5-7))

KickAss City Mik_CM7 FK V18.BFS
I found that simply reflashing using the LGMDP program or if have recovery use cubes recovery files http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1168245 works well (make sure you have right v20x baseband for you are), both take about 5 minutes and I had a similar problem to you but everything other than the status bar was force closing.