You will need-
a)METHOD 1-APK Manager from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695701 METHOD 2-APK tool-windows-http://code.google.com/p/android-apk...r.bz2&can=2&q= and APKtool.jar-http://code.google.com/p/android-apk...r.bz2&can=2&q=
b) .zip manager ( 7-zip or winrar for windows and archive manager for linux)
c) text editor ( Notepad++ in windows or gedit/write in linux )
d) framework-res.apk from /system/framework that you want to modify and build.prop from /system.
e)Root explorer/Fileexpert or adb to pull framework-res.apk and build.prop
First thing using root explorer or adb pull the above files to your computer.Then do the following..
For editing framework-res.apk you can use
1) Once you extract APKManager you should have a folder called "APKManager," somewhere.Put apkmanager to the root of your C Drive.
2) Within that folder there's another folder called "place-apk-here-for-modding". Place you desired framework-res.apk into that folder.
3) Navigate back to the root of "APKManager", and double-click "Script.bat"in windows or "Script.sh" in linux
4) Press option 9 to decompile the apk. (It may take some time)
5) Once finished, navigate to "APKManager\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values".
6) Inside look for a file called "bools.xml". Open it using your notepad++ or gedit
and find and change the
"<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>" to "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>"
7) Remember to save! Not "save as," but save.
8) Double-click "Script.bat" or "Script.sh"again, and choose option 11 to build the apk
9) Say "y" to first option.The program will ask if it is a system app..say yes.Then again yes to copy. Then it will extract to keep folder.Then an option will come to delete the resources.arsc
10) Open the keep folder, and delete resource.arsc before saying yes to the last option.
11) Say "y" to the last option.
12) It will ask you to press any key, do that, and it will finish.
13) Navigate to the "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder, and you'll see a new file called, "unsignedframework-res.apk" open it with a .zip manager, and take the resource.arsc file from it, and transfer it to your original framework-res.apk without extracting it,i.e,through 7-zip/winrar/archive manager(Which should be in the same folder)
14) Now push the modified original framework-res.apk(with new resource.arsc) onto your phone /system/framework using adb or copy by root explorer/fileexpert, and set permissions using root explorer to -rw -r -r or use chmod 644 framework-res.apk using adb. There wil be force-closes using root explorer when copying..just ignore that and set permissions and reboot.
15) Now pull build.prop from /system to your computer
16) Open build.prop(in samsung ROMs) and modify the line.
'debug.sf.hw=1' is the line in the file. Replace it by '#debug.sf.hw=1'. Indirectly you are just changing the line into a comment by adding a #
17) Now take this file and replace your original build.prop. You can do this by using adb or root explorer and set permssions similarly as in above.
18)Reboot and go to settings>>display>>animations and choose all animations. Enjoy your crt screenoff animation.
19) You will lose your boot animation once you do this(in samsung ROMs) . Enable custom boot animation here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1161423.But you have to deodex your firmware to use custom boot animation.
1) Download APKTOOL
On Windows, download apktool-windows and apktool.jar
Extract the file contents in each archive into your Windows folder:
2) Save your framework-res.apk file to a place that you know
like to: C:\hktw\framework-res.apk
Open the command prompt
On Windows, press the Start button, type: cmd, press the Enter button
3) You’ll need to change the directory of your commands to the one where you saved your .apk file
Type the “cd” command and then the directory where you saved your file.
Now you need to tell apktool to decompile the framework…
apktool d -f framework-res.apk
You should see in your .apk folder a new folder has been created: “framework-res”
4) Inside of that folder you can now see all of the decompiled parts of your .apk
Change "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>" to "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>"
5) When you’re done editing, you’ll need to recompile the .apk
apktool b -f framework-res
Note the inclusion of the “.apk” during decompilation, and the exclusion of the “.apk” during recompilation
6) After you’ve sent the recompile command, apktool will work and eventually create two new folders called “dist” and “build”
Inside of the “build” folder will be the recompiled parts of your .apk
7) Open the original .apk file using WinRAR of 7zip
Drag and drop the “resources.arsc” file inside of “build/apk” to the root of your original .apk
8) Now place that modified framework-res.apk in your /system/framework.
9) Then follow steps 15-19 of method 1. Thats it.
Thanks to these forums for the tutorial-