[HOW-TO] - Enable GSM phone calls on your S-OFF Flyer :)

Search This thread

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Prerequisite:

1) 3G Flyer
2) S-Off (get yours from Alpharev soon!)
3) Root

Using root explorer or your favorite text editor edit the build.prop file under /system/build.prop and edit the following lines:

Code:
ro.ril.reject.cs.ss.enabled=0
ro.ril.reject.mo.ussd.enabled=0
ro.phone.function=1

To enable Bt Headset profile change the following:

Code:
ro.bt.profiles	= 4270403
service.brcm.bt.ag_supported = 1

Save your changes and reboot your device. Look under the programs menu you will see the phone app :) you will now be able to make and receive calls.

Tested on a 3G UK unlocked flyer using an AT&T SIM.

EDIT: now with full BT support!!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Now someone please find out to enable the FULL market for us. Changing simply the fingerprint does not work!

kokyew

Jan 28, 2006
Hello clubtech,

Can this be done with just temp-root? Since /system/build.prop is the only file we need to edit.

Thanks.

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
Hello clubtech,

Can this be done with just temp-root? Since /system/build.prop is the only file we need to edit.

Thanks.

This is unlikely because the changes made in the said config file:
1. Cannot be saved and
2. When you reboot, root is lost.

S-Off is what we now need. Indeed, fingers crossed.

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
with temp root:
adb shell cat /system/build.prop > /data/build.prop
adb pull /data/build.prop

open pulled build.prop with notepad++ or whatever text editor you like, make changes suggested by OP. save file

adb push build.prop /data/build.prop
reboot .. and done

theory says that if a different build.prop file is in /data will overwrite the one from /system (same principle applies to apps from /system that when are updated in market new versions are installed to /data and system uses the ones from /data instead of ones from /system)

Last edited:
Reactions: cyko

veria100

Sep 24, 2008
Did not work for me.
I changed both build.prop in /system and /data but after reboot both of them back to default!

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA App

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
with temp root:

open pulled build.prop with notepad++ or whatever text editor you like, make changes suggested by OP. save file

reboot .. and done

theory says that if a different build.prop file is in /data will overwrite the one from /system (same principle applies to apps from /system that when are updated in market new versions are installed to /data and system uses the ones from /data instead of ones from /system)

Did the settings hold/work on your temp root Flyer?

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
with temp root:

reboot .. and done

What is your answer to my earlier question?

andmaf

Jul 2, 2011
Not work for me with temp root as I said.

It won't work with temp root only. You need permanent root and s-off. The reason being is that the phone is designed to (when s-on) check on boot if any changes have been made to system files. If they have been made, it will automatically revert them back to the original file. That is why "temp-root" won't persist between reboot, and this is the reason I believe it is not working for you. When you reboot the phone, it is just reverting the changes you made to the build.prop file. Sorry, but I think that you will have to way until AlphaRev releases their s-off method.

Once they release their s-off method it should work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Prerequisite:

1) 3G Flyer
    2) S-Off (get yours from Alpharev soon!)
    3) Root

Using root explorer or your favorite text editor edit the build.prop file under /system/build.prop and edit the following lines:

Code:
    ro.phone.function=1

To enable Bt Headset profile change the following:

Code:
    ro.bt.profiles	= 4270403

Save your changes and reboot your device. Look under the programs menu you will see the phone app :) you will now be able to make and receive calls.

Tested on a 3G UK unlocked flyer using an AT&T SIM.

EDIT: now with full BT support!!

Enjoy!
    Will a OTA update overwrite the build.prop file?
    Yes, undoubtably.

I have a call button even with numbers:

2011-07-31_00-55-27.jpg
    if anyone has any problem editing the build.prop file... just take a look at this pdf I created (using a few threads made a detailed tutorial)

http://bit.ly/qR1OmO

EDIT**** short link works now.. sorry about that!
    with temp root:

reboot .. and done

Cant get proper phone call enable

Trick that the OP has posted on first page as first post, is applicable for htc flyer 510e running on GB 2.3.4, rooted and having HBOOT data as below:-
    Revolutionary
    Flyer PVT Ship S-off RL
    HBOOT-6.10.1002
    MI CROP-0950
    RADIO-3809.07.04.06_M
    eMMC-boot
    and other details as below:-
    Software number:- 2.27.720.1
    Kernel Version:- 2.6.35.10-gfc8464e
    Htc-kernel@and 18-2 # 1
    Thu Jul 14 01:05:51 CST 2011
    Baseband Version
    20.3504.30.089BU_3809.07.04.06_M
    build.prop of my mentioned device has same lines as OP mentioned in first post, that is as below:-

ro.phone.function=1

ro.bt.profiles = 4270403

so, does the trick applicable for this one?
    Ok, we have that one htc flyer 510e as I mentioned above and it is like walkie-talkie in which if we want to hear the voice of person who stands in other side of call, we have to put our tab in speaker mode but in this case, person on other side will not be able to hear our voice because mic itself may turned off automatically somehow,
    ….and the person on other side is able to hear our voice only when we turn our speaker off but in this case we will not be able to hear the voice of that person.
    ….means, either you can hear the voice of person standing on other side of call by turning on the speaker or the person can hear your voice by turning off the speaker….but both cannot hear the voice at the same time….
    Ok, I did not understand following:-
    ro.phone.function=1

I mean, what? Is it the build.prop after changing or Is it build.prop to change as below:-
    ro.ril.reject.cs.ss.enabled=1
    ro.ril.reject.mo.ussd.enabled=1
    ro.phone.function=1

Can I get both the default build.prop and modified build.prop for HTC flyer 510e running on android 2.3.4 having same confings as I mentioned above?
    What if I change
    from
    Ro.ril.enable.dtm = 0
    To
    Ro.ril.enable.dtm = 1
    It is found under ace RF team request
    Also, what if I change:-
    from
    # Default network type.
    # 0 => WCDMA preferred.
    ro.telephony.default_network=0
    to
    # 0 => WCDMA preferred.
    ro.telephony.default_network=1
    or
    # 1 => WCDMA preferred.
    ro.telephony.default_network=1
    …and what if I change:-
    from
    ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=0
    to
    ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1
    ?
    Fine, what should I do to enable proper phone call enable? Should I have same software/HBOOT/Radio/Kernel version in order to get that?
    If yes, from where I can get that and how can I install that?

Thanks in advance....