5,606,297 Members 32,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] - Enable GSM phone calls on your S-OFF Flyer :)

Tip us?

clubtech
Old
(Last edited by clubtech; 25th July 2011 at 11:51 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Default [HOW-TO] - Enable GSM phone calls on your S-OFF Flyer :)

Prerequisite:

1) 3G Flyer
2) S-Off (get yours from Alpharev soon!)
3) Root

Using root explorer or your favorite text editor edit the build.prop file under /system/build.prop and edit the following lines:

Code:
ro.ril.reject.cs.ss.enabled=0
ro.ril.reject.mo.ussd.enabled=0
ro.phone.function=1
To enable Bt Headset profile change the following:

Code:
ro.bt.profiles	= 4270403
service.brcm.bt.ag_supported = 1

Save your changes and reboot your device. Look under the programs menu you will see the phone app you will now be able to make and receive calls.

Tested on a 3G UK unlocked flyer using an AT&T SIM.

EDIT: now with full BT support!!

Enjoy!
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to clubtech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

goenieg
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Aha, i was just looking for that, awesome, thanks!

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Now someone please find out to enable the FULL market for us. Changing simply the fingerprint does not work!
HARDWARE: AT&T 8285 > iPhone 3G > Toshiba TG01 > iPhone 3GS > HD2 > AT&T N1 > EVO 4G > Samsung Galaxy S > Samsung Galaxy Tab > Samsung Nexus S > Atrix 4G > Motorola Xoom > Thunderbolt > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > HTC Flyer > E4GT > Galaxy Note > Galaxy S 3 > Galaxy Note II > HTC One > Galaxy Note 8 > Galaxy S 4

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Updated post to include full BT support!

kokyew
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hello clubtech,

Can this be done with just temp-root? Since /system/build.prop is the only file we need to edit.

Thanks.

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Nope. I tried it and it didn't catch. must be S-off.

contradude
Old
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Just out of curiosity, would a modification of this work on the view? I realize that our plans don't include it but it would be nice to mess with.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
Sprint HTC One Owner
Nexus Q, where art thou? I must have been the only one interested in one that didn't preorder in time

YOSEFE
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokyew View Post
Hello clubtech,

Can this be done with just temp-root? Since /system/build.prop is the only file we need to edit.

Thanks.
This is unlikely because the changes made in the said config file:
1. Cannot be saved and
2. When you reboot, root is lost.

S-Off is what we now need. Indeed, fingers crossed.
"BELIEVE ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, AND THOU [YOU] SHALT [SHALL] BE SAVED..." (Acts 16.31)
SAMSUNG DEVICES OWNED:
GALAXY S4 = Current
GALAXY NOTE 2 = Current
GALAXY NOTE 10.1 = Current
CH@T222 = Current
GALAXY S III = Donated 2013; GALAXY SII = Donated 2013; GALAXY TAB 3 7.0 = Donated 2012

HTC DEVICES Donated/Sold:
FLYER = 2012; DESIRE Z = 2012; RHODIUM TP2 = 2011; ADVANTAGE X7500 = 2010; S710 = 2009; S620 = 2009; Alpine:- SPV M1500 = 2006; Qtek 2020i = 2007

clubtech
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by contradude View Post
Just out of curiosity, would a modification of this work on the view? I realize that our plans don't include it but it would be nice to mess with.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
I am sure that BT part would work the View,a s for call - it might.

crackeyes
Old
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
works but a little delayed but great find
Straight Talk (ATT) - M7/One - ATT branded - Rooted and S-off
If i have helped you in any way hit thanks ,Like my work buy me a beer!