Ext4 (on sdcard) for OpenZio
As I seem to be repeatedly losing files (including my entire music library, recently), and I am tired of it taking so long to recognize new files that I put on the sdcard via USB; I am starting this thread in hopes of starting efforts to get ext4 support included (or patched to) the OpenZio rom.
I apologize, Spz0, if I am stepping on any toes. Just thought this should be a separate thread from the main build thread.
--Reasons for using Ext4:
1. Native Linux filesystem. Mounts instantaneously, reducing boot time.
2. Journaled filesystem. Corrupt / lost files virtually eliminated.
3. Major performance improvements over Fat32.
4. Large file support (not my thing, but some people want it)
--Problem(s) with Ext4 on sdcard:
1. Unable to natively read card with Windows.
(still able to mount via USB to phone)
2. Permissions may be difficult to work out.