[Off Topic Lounge] Collection of random thoughts

Search This thread

jkearn

Nov 18, 2008
I was just on my deck enjoying my morning coffee and my inspire fell out of my pocket, bounced off the deck, and fell 15 feet down onto the street and under a car.

The only thing I could say was, wow that just happened.

So I go downstairs to street level and look underneath the car to see it laying screen down. Oh man oh man oh man. I crawl under and gently lift it. I slowly back out and turn it over...

NOT A SCRATCH. Well except the similar card cover got ruffed up a bit but wow I'm really surprised. Either I am lucky or its a true testament to HTC build quality.

MrMcGee

Jun 6, 2011
Ste. Gen, Missouri
I was just on my deck enjoying my morning coffee and my inspire fell out of my pocket, bounced off the deck, and fell 15 feet down onto the street and under a car.

So I go downstairs to street level and look underneath the car to see it laying screen down. Oh man oh man oh man. I crawl under and gently lift it. I slowly back out and turn it over...

NOT A SCRATCH. Well except the similar card cover got ruffed up a bit but wow I'm really surprised. Either I am lucky or its a true testament to HTC build quality.

Someone got lucky haha. I dropped mine from waist level onto my kitchen floor, and had to replace it!

alex4lex

Jul 29, 2010
SLC, UT

Nice... I dropped mine at about chest level when I was changing songs while on a jog... my inspire met the pavement and slid... luckily the screen is a-ok. The backside now has some scratches and hash marks, but this only means I can't resell it for much and I might actually have to stick this one out. Then again I am on XDA with all the other phone enthusiasts... we'll see what the GSIII or HTC's next offerings are :p

g3ismeee

Apr 29, 2011
PORTLAND
Chick I know found an iPhone 3GS. Wants me to jailbreak / unlock it so she can sell it. No one has claimed it in a week at the club she sliings drinks at....1) I haven't jailbroke an iPhone before but should be able to do it...2) feel like it ain't cool somehow tho....I dunno...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

39FarmallM

Jun 15, 2011
Pt Pleasant, WV
Meig.....I think I would jailbreak the iPhone just for the experience. If you still feel funny, just don't tell anybody.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

SuicideMyk

Aug 2, 2011
Daytona Beach, Florida

because it's a HP :D

actually I got a power surge weeks ago. It blew the battery so if I unplug it the computer just powers off. Then I lost sound and the computer cant detect the hardware. Then last night waking the computer up the screen was flickering like a strobe light... I just need to get a new computer I'm looking at Toshiba or Dell this time around :cool:

SuicideMyk

Aug 2, 2011
Daytona Beach, Florida
Chick I know found an iPhone 3GS. Wants me to jailbreak / unlock it so she can sell it. No one has claimed it in a week at the club she sliings drinks at....1) I haven't jailbroke an iPhone before but should be able to do it...2) feel like it ain't cool somehow tho....I dunno...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

Try greenPoisen it's what I used to jail break my friends iPoo for her and it worked great

Jake33108

Jul 1, 2011
Detroit
I'd definitely recommend a Toshiba if you like them. I love my Sony VAIO but my sister got a Toshiba Satellite a few months ago and it's a really nice computer for how much it was.

oxlong27

Feb 16, 2011
Beaver Springs Pa
I'd definitely recommend a Toshiba if you like them. I love my Sony VAIO but my sister got a Toshiba Satellite a few months ago and it's a really nice computer for how much it was.

+1 I love my toshiba. slapped ubuntu on it and it works great. On another note just wondering what everyone thinks about cyanogen getting a job with samsung? I guess some ppl are hating but the dude deserves it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After talking to conantroutman for a bit, he has given me permission to start this off topic lounge. To me this will make us inspire users "bond" more lol, instead of being with everyone else that uses this site. Conantroutman will sticky the thread and include ground rules to it. Please lets respect the rules that are given so that the thread remains opened. Enjoy guys :D

Off Topic IS NOT:

* /b/
    * License to be mean to stupid people
    * License to be mean to smart people
    * Exempt from any if the FORUM RULES

Off-Topic IS:

* Still part of the community
    * Subject to the FORUM RULES, just as any other thread in XDA
    * Fun
    * A thread to post whatever you want so long as it doesn't make anyone cry

What's everyone's plan for the weekend?
    Well, I was going to add some ground rules into your OP but I think you've got it covered :D

Most people are well aware of the forum rules and if they arent then they will unstuck whether its in this thread or not.

Remember folks, stick to the rules. WE ARE WATCHING!:cool:

Okay then, back off topic please :p
    Ok guys just wanted to pop in,and say that I hope you guys like your place to blow off steam.

As for the rules we all should know them so I wont bother reposting them. As some of you know me from the captivate I will follow suite here. Yes this is off topic but keep it nice and clean. If you wouldn't want your kids reading it then don't post it. Now back to you regular scheduled off topic thread.
    Well, I was going to add some ground rules into your OP but I think you've got it covered :D

Most people are well aware of the forum rules and if they arent then they will unstuck whether its in this thread or not.

Remember folks, stick to the rules. WE ARE WATCHING!:cool:

Okay then, back off topic please :p

Just want to say I am enjoying the change of regime. You all are really mod'ing it up, and it is an improvement. Thank you.
    I love my mommy