XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Howto uninstall Movie Studio 1.0

Tip us?

jai134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Howto uninstall Movie Studio 1.0

Hello. I installed Movie Studio 1.0 from a thread here on XDA. After the update to 3.1 I have both 1.0 and 1.1 on my Iconia. Irritating I think. My problem is that I can't uninstall 1.0. I simply cant find it and in Settings => Apps => manage apps I don't have any alternative to uninstall. Only force close. I have rooted my tablet and I search with AntTek file manager. I am sure that I search in the wrong dir and I can't find the thread with the app. So, if someone is kind enough to help me I would be very greatful.
PS I have done several factory resets since I installed it and I'm now running stock ROM installed from a CWM backup with CWM restore function DS

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

magdoll
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Once you get your root back, can't you just use Titanium Backup to remove the old app?

Biologos
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Also, you could use something like File Expert or Root Explorer, go to /system/app, find the apk band deleye from there.

jai134
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Yes, that could be a solution but there is no Movie Studio or editor .apk in that directory. Not 1.1 nor 1.0. I can't find it. I don't know how to delete an app that I cannot find. That's my problem. Where to look?

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App