Howto uninstall Movie Studio 1.0

OP jai134

27th July 2011, 03:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 3

140 posts
More
Hello. I installed Movie Studio 1.0 from a thread here on XDA. After the update to 3.1 I have both 1.0 and 1.1 on my Iconia. Irritating I think. My problem is that I can't uninstall 1.0. I simply cant find it and in Settings => Apps => manage apps I don't have any alternative to uninstall. Only force close. I have rooted my tablet and I search with AntTek file manager. I am sure that I search in the wrong dir and I can't find the thread with the app. So, if someone is kind enough to help me I would be very greatful.
PS I have done several factory resets since I installed it and I'm now running stock ROM installed from a CWM backup with CWM restore function DS

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
27th July 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
Once you get your root back, can't you just use Titanium Backup to remove the old app?
27th July 2011, 04:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 17

72 posts
Also, you could use something like File Expert or Root Explorer, go to /system/app, find the apk band deleye from there.
27th July 2011, 08:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 3

140 posts
More
Yes, that could be a solution but there is no Movie Studio or editor .apk in that directory. Not 1.1 nor 1.0. I can't find it. I don't know how to delete an app that I cannot find. That's my problem. Where to look?

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread