Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seidio Surface case

Tip us?
 
xceebeex
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 587
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Seidio Surface case

So has anyone bought this case yet for the Charge? I notice that they are shipping these now according to their website. There aren't really any good pictures though, just the one of the back of the case. I would like to see what it looks like on the phone and what the coverage is in the front.

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/csr2sscha-bl.htm

Thoughts?
The Following User Says Thank You to xceebeex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kelmar13
Old
(Last edited by kelmar13; 30th July 2011 at 02:42 AM.) Reason: added link to review
#2  
kelmar13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 300
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SWFL
I have one and did a full review over on AF CLICK HERE.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kelmar13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Smitty9803
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 60
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmar13 View Post
I have one and did a full review over on AF CLICK HERE.
Great review. I had the same case on my fascinate and the cutout around the power button made locking/unlocking the screen fairly difficult. I ended up sending it back and getting an active-x instead.

Do you have any issues accessing the power button or any of the the other ports?

If not, I may have to pick this one up. I'm running naked with no holster and it's driving me nuts!
 
kelmar13
Old
#4  
kelmar13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 300
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SWFL
I have had no issues. However, to be fair, I've owned a Seidio case for my past 5 phones so I may just be used to it.


Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
 
kkeller87
Old
(Last edited by kkeller87; 26th August 2011 at 03:03 PM.)
#5  
kkeller87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 231
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rochester, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmar13 View Post
I have one and did a full review over on AF CLICK HERE.

Thanks for the great review. I too have used a Seidio on my Hero and EVO. When mine came in the mail today I was worried about the new style. But like you said, seems to hold very well.

Question. Do you use a second battery? How often do you take the case off? I feel like im gonna break it when i do.

Edit

Question. Do you ever have trouble with the clip between the usb port and the volume buttons? Mine comes undone in my pocket EVERY time. This causes the bottom snaps to also come undone
 
kelmar13
Old
#6  
kelmar13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 300
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SWFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeller87 View Post
Question. Do you use a second battery? How often do you take the case off? I feel like im gonna break it when i do.
Negative, but I take it off pretty regularly to keep dust and dirty down (and odin new ROMs). I found our pops apart fairly simply when I start at the slot under the hdmi out.

Quote:
Question. Do you ever have trouble with the clip between the usb port and the volume buttons? Mine comes undone in my pocket EVERY time. This causes the bottom snaps to also come undone
Yes, though not every time. Maybe once or twice a day... tops. I usually use the holster when I'm at work so I usually don't have the problem. Pushing left on the top piece (from the screen) will recreate the issue. More of an annoyance than a problem (didn't even notice it for a few weeks)!



Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
 
crusey
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bentonville
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmar13 View Post
I have one and did a full review over on AF.
I've never owned a sedio case before, is it durable? it looks exactly like what i want but i feel like it might be kind of fragile. i've known people who owned cases with 2 snap-on pieces and they always break within 2 weeks of purchasing. maybe they just bought cheap ones?
 
kelmar13
Old
#8  
kelmar13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 300
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SWFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusey View Post
I've never owned a sedio case before, is it durable? it looks exactly like what i want but i feel like it might be kind of fragile. i've known people who owned cases with 2 snap-on pieces and they always break within 2 weeks of purchasing. maybe they just bought cheap ones?
They are definitely sturdy.

That being said, I find that the holster is what sells me on the product as it's extremely useful for me when I'm at work. Dollar for dollar, if you are looking for a similar case, Best Buy sells one that's almost identical. They'll even let you put it on the phone and try it before you purchase it.


Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to kelmar13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
crusey
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bentonville
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmar13 View Post
They are definitely sturdy.

That being said, I find that the holster is what sells me on the product as it's extremely useful for me when I'm at work. Dollar for dollar, if you are looking for a similar case, Best Buy sells one that's almost identical. They'll even let you put it on the phone and try it before you purchase it.


Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
That sounds good, i guess my friend bought a cheap one. the rubberized part of the corners started to peel off, then the clips snapped off about 2 weeks after he bought it. just from your review and the youtube review i saw, it did look significantly sturdier from what he had bought but i was just kind of paranoid after seeing his.
and on the case at best buy, i did like it but i was looking for a rubberized hardshell case, that was the only real flaw i saw with that one. which brings me to my next question, is this one sort of rubberized? i initially thought it was but now i'm starting to think otherwise lol
 
kelmar13
Old
#10  
kelmar13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 300
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SWFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusey View Post
and on the case at best buy, i did like it but i was looking for a rubberized hardshell case, that was the only real flaw i saw with that one. which brings me to my next question, is this one sort of rubberized? i initially thought it was but now i'm starting to think otherwise lol
The Rocket Fish BB case has the same feel as the Seidio. Both are plastic but the Seidio is a hair thicker and has their signature "soft touch" that, IMO, is a nicer feel.



Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

The Following User Says Thank You to kelmar13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes